The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could just as easily taken the higher road and countered with the fact that Venom was such a hit, he spawned Ravage, Anti-Venom, etc., all who've had some commercial success in their own right.

Haha I know its just that venom is my favorite villian of all time. The mind games he played on peter that almost made him go insane were some of the best spidey stories I've read. Like he really ****ed with his head but still ..........

They need to introduce the Symbiote suit in Sinister Six. Before OSCORP can use it as a weapon, Parker gets a hold of it and uses it to help him defeat the Six but it plays off his emotions over a dead Gwen so he has to get rid of it. Then use it for a Venom movie.

As much as I would love for Venom and/or Carnage be in the next film, I have 0 confidence they would do the story or designs justice.

This franchise doesn't seem very concerned with that stuff (several arch enemies are apparently created at Osborne Industries; Norman isn't the first Goblin), and it would be just as well to me so long as they figure out how to tell a good story period.

yea, I don't like the idea of Rhino, Vulture, Doc Ock, etc being basically manufactured weapons at Oscorp. That Rhino at the end of ASM 2 was just so horrid....I think the Lizard story should've been an easy one to tell, but they could've even do that one justice, not to mention, the look of the Lizard wasn't very good. You know the character designs from these ASM movies are bad when no big time collectible company wants to even touch them. Villains usually sell. Even the Spiderman 3 movie had some good statues/figures come out of it.

As much as people didnt like the movie venom's design was good in spiderman 3. Yea he was way to skinny but the raised webbing was a great touch along with the silver eyes and same honey comb pattern as spidey.

Since when is saying ****ed with his head the same as saying ****ed his head ? lmao ok then haha.

You stated really which constitutes as literally.

:nono Remember, he's a "writer." :lol

i-328a7c5e192be3ddec24aa942b51e161-dr.evil.laser_lj.jpg

Sony May Reboot And Recast SPIDER-MAN With SINISTER SIX; VENOM Movie Reportedly Scrapped

Though The Amazing Spider-Man 3 no longer has a release date, there's still clearly a lot going on behind-the-scenes at Sony Pictures when it comes to this character. The ever reliable Badass Digest confirm that they too have heard about plans to possibly incorporate Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (if you missed that story yesterday, more details can be found by clicking here), but that is actually one of THREE different ideas curently being passed around.

The site claims to have been told that, "Sony is going to soft reboot Spider-Man with The Sinister Six, having a new actor playing a Spidey who works with the villains The Dirty Dozen style to take down a larger threat." This actually sounds similar to the Ultimate Six story arc from a few years back and would make sense, though recasting Andrew Garfield when he still has another picture left on his contract doesn't. The other plan? "To put Spider-Man on the shelf for four or five years and see if they can develop any of the side characters into their own franchises." This one seems more likely in some ways, especially as Sinister Six has taken the release date previously held by The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and a female-led spin-off is also in the works.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a character like Spidey needs to be benched after two mediocre movies though. The site adds that they're not sure whether all or any of these will come to pass, but changes are definitely in store. Oh, and one more thing for you to mull over; Venom is said to be "functionally dead again," giving everyone who said "It'll never get made!" something to boast about. How do you guys feel about this news? Sound off with your thoughts below.
Read more at Sony May Reboot And Recast SPIDER-MAN With SINISTER SIX; VENOM Movie Reportedly Scrapped

Hope they don't. Garfield is great, they just need to focus more on story and not universe building

Wherever Spidey ends up, I hope Garfield goes along with, like him a lot as an actor, but his version of PP hasn’t been written that great, he makes an awesome Spiderman though and has a lot of potential to bring us the best cinematic Spidey yet.

Wherever Spidey ends up, I hope Garfield goes along with, like him a lot as an actor, but his version of PP hasn’t been written that great, he makes an awesome Spiderman though and has a lot of potential to bring us the best cinematic Spidey yet.

:goodpost:

Garfield was not the weak link in the last 2 Spideys. Far from it. Hi Spidey is PERFECT. I've never smiled so big in a theatre than watching the Spidey portions of ASM2.

I think Garfield was good as spidey, but I hated the movies portrayal of Peter Parker. I'm not surprised if they do a soft reboot. Both movies were less than mediocre in my opinion. You have so many really great actors and yet if the writing and direction is poor, the whole movie suffers.

What about the rumors about Sony and marvel coming to a deal seems like a smart move to get spidey in the universe. Marvel was gonna come after him sooner or later .

I think Garfield was good as spidey, but I hated the movies portrayal of Peter Parker. I'm not surprised if they do a soft reboot. Both movies were less than mediocre in my opinion. You have so many really great actors and yet if the writing and direction is poor, the whole movie suffers.

...then get new writers and a new director.

Back