The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dat deleted ending with Petah's father. :lol

Man, Sony literally has no idea what to do with Spider-Man anymore. This movie was whacked from the beginning. I can't get over the lack of focus, narrative and the bulk of deleted scenes.

Got the Steelbook on pre-order :rock

Acting was superb. Glad it was cut though.

Yup, Garfield is a great actor, but I’m just baffled that there was a possibility this could have made it into the final cut. Sony needs to hire someone that actually understands the property to help develop the script.

Yeah, I don't know what to think about that ending. All I know is that I'm glad it got cut. I like the idea of an 'Untold Story', but man, I still don't really know what Sony's goal for a story is.

I can't even watch this again bored out of my mind. (I take back everything i may have said in the past. The Raimi movies even with their problems are better)

Saw recently where Sony/Marvel revealed plans to make a female based hero movie using one of the ladies in the Spidey-verse. I'm thinking Black Cat? Also saw where they plan to feature Venom in the ASM4 movie. Not sure how old this info is, but thought I'd share it for the benefit of those who may not already know.

I like to imagine a group of executives in some meeting room freaking the hell out trying to come up with ideas for their next spiderman movie and failing miserably because they have absolutely no idea what to do

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/venom-movie-now-called-venom-carnage

VENOM CARNAGE / 4 AUG 2014
VENOM MOVIE NOW CALLED VENOM CARNAGE
112 New title strongly hints at Cletus Kasady's inclusion.
BY EVAN CAMPBELLThe Venom spinoff standalone film is tentatively titled Venom Carnage, according to a new report.

Buried in the news of Sony's development of a female-driven Spider-Man spinoff flick, Deadline says that the new title for Venom's standalone film is now Venom Carnage. The movie is still in development with Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek, The Amazing Spider-Man 2) attached to direct and write the script, alongside Ed Solomon.The new title all but guarantees that serial killer Cletus Kasady (Carnage) will indeed show up in the Venom film. Amazing Spider-Man 2 producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach also strongly hinted that this was the case earlier this year.

Venom Carnage is reportedly set to come out in 2017.

Back