Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think she was too low for the bullets to hit her when she was behind the chair, not the fact the chair blocked them...not sure. no matter, i think we need a "I enjoyed the show and understand a show about timetravelling robots doesn't have to be perfect and do not care to nitpick everything" thread.

i think she was too low for the bullets to hit her when she was behind the chair, not the fact the chair blocked them...not sure. no matter, i think we need a "I enjoyed the show and understand a show about timetravelling robots doesn't have to be perfect and do not care to nitpick everything" thread.

Hey, start your own thread. Kidding!

I think anything new on something with a huge fanbase is going to be hard to swallow at first. It was interesting enough to get me to watch again. Luckily that'll be tomorrow already.

Honestly not a bad show, especially for primetime fare. I enjoyed and will continue to watch. Some stuff was cheesey, but still better than T3.

I cringed at "Class dismissed" but that was still a far sight better than "Talk to da hand!"

I liked talk to the hand :lol:lol Man, if I were naked around the hot terminator and sarah connor, oh man, the ***** would hit the fan. Shouldn't this be moved to the Other Discussion?

I cringed at "Class dismissed" but that was still a far sight better than "Talk to da hand!"

Yeah, I guess one liners are just part of a Terminators programming :rolleyes:

And whats funny is the oringal "I'll be back" was a really a simple statement first, and later became an iconic one-liner.

From what I remember of the Rough Cut Pilot they showed at SDDC, they made a few changes, seemed the pacing was off and I could have sworn they had a different actor playing Sarah's boyfriend the first time around.

Was ok show though, I was more excited watching it at SDDC, probably since they had the cast, director and producer there afterwards to answer questions. I'll continue to watch it, not a whole lotta stuff on TV these days as it is, just wish FOX came in HD here in Alaska.

Evan

It was ok, at best.

Some really lame crap in it though, like the chair stopping bullets:monkey4

And people traveling back in time to build future weapons and a freakin time machines:confused: That was f'n stupid. What in 1963 did the "engineer" use to build this future crap?!?!?!? LAME!!!!!

Too many holes and inconsistencies to really enjoy it IMO.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 3.

Same feeling here... T3 wasn't that great, but at least it ended right. This show just cheapens the whole series, IMO. And not just for the reasons stated above...

First off, WHY in the Hell would Sarah put John in school?? And why under John Reese? That is just begging for trouble. Sarah was always smarter than that, she would have at least home schooled John. If not still training him for his future role, just in case... Just seems out of character for her.

And a Terminator posing as a sub teacher, taking roll call? Just seems a bit too convoluted and a rush job way of putting the Terminator in the mix.

Also, John regressing?? At the end of T2 he was a bit more comfortable in his role and a tougher kid. Now he is whiny and doesn't want to be what he is?? WTF?

I'll probably watch the next episode to see if it's not completely ruined, but from the way it looks... it will be.

Same feeling here... T3 wasn't that great, but at least it ended right. This show just cheapens the whole series, IMO. And not just for the reasons stated above...

First off, WHY in the Hell would Sarah put John in school?? And why under John Reese? That is just begging for trouble.

And a Terminator posing as a sub teacher, taking roll call? Just seems a bit too convoluted.

Also, John regressing?? At the end of T2 he was a bit more comfortable in his role and a tougher kid. Now he is whiny and doesn't want to be what he is?? WTF?

I'll probably watch the next episode to see if it's not completely ruined, but from the way it looks... it will be.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Yup, what he said.

what about the time travel equipment they left in the bank and the destroyed terminator...maybe they should have destroyed that.

Yea, the John Reese was lame. The time travel machine is even worse. They just stand in the middle of the street for everyone to stare at em all naked??? Show is just a mess.

Cameron's eyes have prolly rolled back in his head several times.

Weak and Pedestrian at best for me. Nothing original about it, worst of all I didn't like Lena Headey as Sarah. And her accent crept out in a few scenes. Bugged me....

Kid playing John was fine I thought, even looked a bit like Biehn and Summer was okay, casting wise but the whole thing was kind of lame and derivitive to a fault. The story elements didn't work for me either. Whenever there was action, we see something/replay we already saw years ago...

It's a bit of a shame as I know the Writer/EP. We were next door neighbors and buddies and even Richard T Johnson lived across the street from us on Rosewood, this small quiet street in L.A. so it is kind of a Homie thing for me.

I was hoping for some kickass storytelling. But it felt like just a cheap ass knockoff to me. And I had continuity problems.

I hope the Series catches a wave of better written episodes as this was just the Pilot. We'll see...

Last edited:
Yea, the John Reese was lame. The time travel machine is even worse. They just stand in the middle of the street for everyone to stare at em all naked??? Show is just a mess.

Cameron's eyes have prolly rolled back in his head several times.

Enjoyed this show for what it was. It showed us nothing new in that Terminator chases the Connors, "Come with me if you want to Live" and lot's of "I'm not a messiah".
However, this episode was fun and contained as much action as an episode of 24 - so far, I really liked the time machine bit. Agree with some problems, female Terminator doesn't move or act like one etc, but I'll give it another view tomorrow.
PS,
Terminator 3 Kicked all kinds of ass, it's getting a real rough ride from the members of the Academy on these boards!

D

Pretty much agree with what's been said here, at least on this one page I read. :) Not counting the opinion directly above me.

However, I have to add, I thought Summer Glau was really weak as well. Nice to look at, but ridiculous as a Terminator.

All the other gripes apply as well; Substitute-Term, Reese as cover, bank with secret weapon and time machine -- how many people did they send back nude to build a bank?

All in all, just as bad as the Bionic Woman. And it got a good review too. I was expecting more.

Well, I liked T3. The action scenes did not work at all for me, but I really liked the sci-fi, time travel fate/destiny thing it had going. Those were the elements I really liked about the original Terminator. T2? It was just an extremely well made 80's action film (okay it came out in '91 but it felt like an extremely well made 80's action film to me).

So while I have no idea where they can go with the story from here -- it felt like the start to a mini-series not an ongoing series -- I dug it. It's exploitive, it embraces the cheap gags ("class dismissed" anyone?) and it's aimed at an audience that doesn't get hung up with logical causality, but the same can be said of Heroes. And as far as that comparison goes, I liked it so much better than season 2 of Heroes.

That's not to say I don't have some gripes. First and foremost, who cleaned up the gun and time travel equipment in 1999? That had better get cleared up and in a hurry. Second, the series seems far removed from the tone and established storytelling devices of the R rated film franchise. So much so that it kind of felt like a comic book series of an R rated film. Which, actually, I'm okay with, but I don't know that a lot of other fans will.

Can't you see that Summer is a possible romantic interest for John? Like in part two where it was speculated at that of all the men out there the perfect father might be a terminator. I still can't beleive fox tried to pass off a terminator as a school teacher, that was funny.

First off, WHY in the Hell would Sarah put John in school?? And why under John Reese? That is just begging for trouble. Sarah was always smarter than that, she would have at least home schooled John. If not still training him for his future role, just in case... Just seems out of character for her.

And a Terminator posing as a sub teacher, taking roll call? Just seems a bit too convoluted and a rush job way of putting the Terminator in the mix.

What he said! :cool:

Pretty much agree with what's been said here, at least on this one page I read. :) Not counting the opinion directly above me.

However, I have to add, I thought Summer Glau was really weak as well. Nice to look at, but ridiculous as a Terminator.

All the other gripes apply as well; Substitute-Term, Reese as cover, bank with secret weapon and time machine -- how many people did they send back nude to build a bank?

All in all, just as bad as the Bionic Woman. And it got a good review too. I was expecting more.

Come on now, can't compare this show to the pure crap that is the Bionic Women. At least Terminator has some saving graces, while Bionic has none. Anyway, I saw nothing wrong with the show, I can ignore little plot holes, like what about the technology in the bank, etc. I hope the show owns up to its potential and john connor stops acting like the cheerleader from heroes (i don't want this, blah blah blah)

Back