1/6 Hot Toys -Terminator Genisys: T-800 Guardian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i know. cannot force myself to do the same. too much work.
hmmm you're using micro stands for 1/6 figures, while i use 1/6 stands for neca. funny :)
(i'm waiting for normal 1/10 stands, it's just a temporary measure)

yeah i know. cannot force myself to do the same. too much work.
hmmm you're using micro stands for 1/6 figures, while i use 1/6 stands for neca. funny :)
(i'm waiting for normal 1/10 stands, it's just a temporary measure)

Oh, those stands are for when I work on figures, as to not damage the original stands. Currently I'm suing blank HT ones and will put on display decals later. I love uniformity. :lol

*Better picture next time when I actually complete my Police Shootout 238.

30344373202_6693968087_c.jpg

not 10% Schwarzenegger but still a very good, professionally done sculpt of some generic person.
===========
looking at those photos i posted, particularly the forehead, i think that Schwarzenegger should bequeath his skeleton to Winston studio - to compare it to the endoskeleton.
Thing is Hot Toys have issues sculpting actors sometimes. With Arnie it varies each figure. Dx13 is still the best out of all for sure. Still I love my mms238 police shootout and Guardian Arnie. I think the worst likeness has to definitely be the DX10 and earlier released T2 Arnold but the commando figure to me just wasn't cutting it either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

stole this wonderful toy (i mean the site) from a Star Ace Underworld Selene thread:

2rc8ynp.jpg

:lecture

at the same time it guessed a very... arguable (if only polite words are used) headsculpt, so it should be reliable :dunno :pfft:

Last edited:
That's actually a pretty decent pic of the DX10 sculpt, in fact the peak of its ability to look like Arnold I would even say. Weird.

That's actually a pretty decent pic of the DX10 sculpt, in fact the peak of its ability to look like Arnold I would even say. Weird.

Trust me, I tried with several photos. None came up as Arnold. Heck, do try it out yourself, it's baffling! :lol

what if HT uses such instrument to check if they got a face sculpt correctly?... :lol

i dunno, mine looks like Arnold to me. all my friends (would) say it looks like Arnold (if i had them). you all just got cheap bootlegs and now try to hate HT sculptors because you cannot afford them. go buy your Neca, Hot Toys is too good for you.

001_leds.jpg~original

003_back_bullets.jpg~original

Butters_barbies.jpg

Last edited:
Hah, I knew you were doing a Butters.

Seriously, those are good shots. They certainly don't show up the weaknesses of the sculpt. I could probably find some decent ones of my own.

But look even the so-called best sculpt, the DX13, has a face 2 miles wide and a hair sculpt that is arguably even more inaccurate and silly looking. We're still waiting for a definitive sculpt of Arnie from Hot Toys. They need to poach Scuderia from Enterbay. ****ing tragic that he wasn't given the opportunity to do more than one sculpt of the man.

Last edited:
no, it's a custom head that looks way better than the original high-end, professionally painted one. the paint is just some substance in a shop.

sounds a little like you want to start some quarrel, judging by your "it's the paint." in two threads simultaneously and twisting my words now. but ok.
i said that it looks better than officially produced HT head. a cheap pirate produced knock-off looks better than an official HT product, meant to be licensed and hi-end.
i never said it looks like Arnold.

Last edited:
Back