Talking Stormtrooper action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ordered two of these to go with my SS Vader. Should hold me over until SS decides to release an updated stormtrooper. crosses fingers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Got this figure the other week, its really great. I may pick up Vader tomorrow.

I'm not a big Star was fan but picked up 2 stormtroopers today, they are really good looking figures.
I want to get a Vader too but don't have in stock.

Ah, the legendary HT Vader. The speculated upon figure that lives somewhere beyond HT Anakin and HT Han Solo. I think we have a bigger chance of experiencing the second coming than HT Vader unless they go with an Anakin/Armored Vader two-pack.

It's a pointless motion to make.

SSC prides itself on approximations - they don't see the problem. :lol

Unfortunately for us... Gentle Giant managed to scan a real helmet for their Stormie mini-bust, and it looked fantastic, but then they made a new (crappy) sculpt for their newer TK statue, instead of using the scan they already had

Picked up the last Stormtrooper in Central Florida yesterday. This guy is simply amazing. This is by far one of the best Stormtroopers ever made at this scale. I'd rather have this guy than the SSC 1/6th or 1/4th offering. The only downsides are the gun is in the wrong hand (Stormtroopers are left-handed), the left hand is a strange open palm (which I'm guessing is to hold the blaster in a two-handed pose which isn't possible) and the limited movement of the blaster holding arm which is probably because of the electronics.

Every Stormtrooper fan needs to have one of these in their collection if not two.

Agreed regarding the quality of this figure. It is simply amazing for its price. :clap Sideshow should learn from this.

A lot of Stormtroopers are left-handed but not all of them. If you carry a real metal Sterling in your right hand you can easily scratch, crack and damage your thin ABS armor with the magazine. I think that might have been one of the reasons Stormtroopers are left-handed.

Stormtroopers right handed.jpg

Disney doesn't have a problem using scanned data to have an accurate...almost anyway, character...seems sideshow will not resort to any officially scanned things...

Their 1:1 vader bust facemask and or dome was based off of an unofficial vader (somewhere out there), and their 1/6 stormtrooper is a scratch sculpt, which explains the wrong shapes and details...this Disney figure is just the perfect accurately shaped stormtrooper minus the precise little details that make ss 1/6 figures expensive...ss should seriously look into accepting scanned data for things they can't sculpt correctly, like stormies, vaders, fetts, etc....their creatures seem ok by comparison...

Indeed SSC scanned/molded Portumac's Vader helmet for their 1:1 Vader bust. no one asks to see a c-scar on a 1:6 Vader or the "perfect" asymmetry on a 12" Stormtooper figure, but SSC can do more

Start scanning SSC!

Start with Vader, then Stormie, then maybe pick up one of those awesome custom 1:1 Yodas out there and scan that bugger.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Grabbed a Stormtrooper yesterday after seeing this thread. Excellent figure, for 30 bucks you really can't beat it.

14191778385_ea59261350_b.jpg

Hope the Vader is just as nice, coming next week or the week after according to my Disney store.

Good to see people feelin' the love.

When I made this thread originally, I thought it'd be scoffed off as a crappy kiddie toy.

Good to see people feelin' the love.

When I made this thread originally, I thought it'd be scoffed off as a crappy kiddie toy.

I think at certain price breaks, if the figure ticks most of the boxes then a few flaws are easily forgiven.. despite the limited arm articulation, for the price this figure just rocks out!.. in fact I think this series is going to be regarded as setting a whole new benchmark for non-premium figures.. Chewie excepted...
:rock

Yep. Other than Chewie, you really can't beat the quality and value of these for the price. At least from what we've seen. I heard that Vader isn't going to be James Earl Jones though, voice-wise. Which would be a bummer. I haven't been able to confirm that yet, though.

Back