Talking Stormtrooper action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MR wanted a cheaper version of their older LE, for the regular fan. So they made it out of ABS and made it symmetrical because it was easier. Indeed it is sculpted from an original, because it looks very good, excepting the symmetry. eFX simply used the MR molds, after MR deceased.

View attachment 110233

.. kinda embarrassed to admit it.. I know there is a difference and all Star Wars geeks are agreed that Stormtrooper helmets should be asymmetrical to match the original props (although technically the symmetrical ones look better?).. but I have trouble making out the differences between the symmetrical and asymmetrical.. it's being dyslexic, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
:lol

..and why is dyslexic so difficult to spell?

.. kinda embarrassed to admit it.. I know there is a difference and all Star Wars geeks are agreed that Stormtrooper helmets should be asymmetrical to match the original props (although technically the symmetrical ones look better?).. but I have trouble making out the differences between the symmetrical and asymmetrical.. it's being dyslexic, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
:lol

..and why is dyslexic so difficult to spell?

That is a really good example of a symmetrical helmet. I don't think MR's or Hasbro looks as good as the version we see in that photoshop.

That is a really good example of a symmetrical helmet. I don't think MR's or Hasbro looks as good as the version we see in that photoshop.

The only MR that looks closely is the MR (or eFX) Limited Edition / LE. But the CE is more like the one used for this Disney figure. Though eFX wil lrelease a new helmet that wil lbe a very accurate Hero.

Okay... I think I'm totally on board with these guys. I love this Han! They really put a lot of love in it. The details. Such nice, crisp details. The hair is a separate piece. Soft plastic for his holster belt... Even nicely hidden speakers and buttons. I know a lot of the crowd here might be turned off by it, but I think he's a ton of fun. The only real negatives are the neck joint and the screw holes. But for a 13''-ish figure with electronics and amazingly clear spoken phrases... I think I might be all-in.

1461357_10103692332632620_3911151773486136807_n.jpg
10325408_10103692331998890_6312220853674590135_n.jpg
10336831_10103692331769350_9012679943731579450_n.jpg
10378011_10103692332143600_7777561329576373650_n.jpg

There is no way that blaster is fitting in that holster! :lol

But for the money, the don't look that bad at all.

I was at the Disney Store by me yesterday and these were no where to be found.

I picked up a Stormtrooper over the weekend. This really is a nice figure, but its a shame he can do nothing with that left arm.

Holy Han bazooka blaster!! From the 13" Disney figures IMO the Stormie looks the best. In fact almost any armored figure will look very cool in this line.

Got two of these yesterday. I must say, for $30 bucks, these look pretty good. Articulation is pretty crappy, but I love the talking chip.

I went to another mall that had a Disney store... Also closed!! That is two strikes! :gah: I may have to resort to ordering online even though I would like to avoid it.

Back