Talking Stormtrooper action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder when someone is going to take a stab at modding one of these for better movement. The gun arm might be tricky without cutting the wires.

Hmm, I don't know, shocktrooper. The Stormie is pretty huge IRL. Even though it looks to be roughly the same heights, the stormie is still quite massive.

Vader looks smaller here, regardless of the height. I think the armor would still look "big" on a Vader body.

And I'd like to ask a sincere question. You guys that are loving the stormie, saying it's better than Sideshow's, how exactly do you see that? Is it because the armor is more form fitting and he has an overall "slimmer" look? Are the details that much better? Is the helmet really that much more accurate?

Really asking. Not trolling.

Yep. Other than Chewie, you really can't beat the quality and value of these for the price. At least from what we've seen. I heard that Vader isn't going to be James Earl Jones though, voice-wise. Which would be a bummer. I haven't been able to confirm that yet, though.

Having listened to the audio clips, you may be correct but the voice does sound James Earl Jones'ish, so probably close enough.

Man the scale is such a shame, whyyyyy haha. I still intend to pick two of these up for display purposes, they look too good to pass on. They are likely the only ones in the series that I will get.

Having listened to the audio clips, you may be correct but the voice does sound James Earl Jones'ish, so probably close enough.

Oh, that's good to hear!

I was going to ask how you heard them, but then I saw you were from the UK, went to disneystore's UK site, and saw they had all the figures up. I really wish Disney Store US would have released them all at once. This once-a-week nonsense is annoying.

Apologies for poor quality pics.. Vader in particular is difficult to photograph in the box, it throws too many shadows.. had to use a torch to compensate.

And I'd like to ask a sincere question. You guys that are loving the stormie, saying it's better than Sideshow's, how exactly do you see that? Is it because the armor is more form fitting and he has an overall "slimmer" look? Are the details that much better? Is the helmet really that much more accurate?

It has a far more accurately sculpted helmet, & armour - in fact, they're close to spot on. Plus, the stance is far more natural looking.

That's pretty much it.

The SSC figure is a nice 'figure'.. but not a particularly accurate representation of the movie suit - & the Pro. bodies suck. :lol

It is quite simple. The Disney Talking Stormie has a much better looking helmet, seems somehow to be inspired by the MR CE/eFX PCR - though not perfect, it still is way ahead of the helmet sculpted by SSC. The Disney armor is better fitting and has some better overall details, and also much better cod piece.

SSC beats Disney when talking about the belt, shoulder bells, and maybe sharpness - and of course the separate armor parts/pieces - but we shouldn't forget Disney Stormtrooper is a toy, and the SSC Stormie is supposed to be a high end collectible. The SSC E-11 blaster is much better of course, and so it the poseability (but the SSC's body is quite floppy on its own too alas). In the end if you can get a figure looking so good for $35-40, you wonder what happened with SSC's Stormtrooper.

It is quite simple. The Disney Talking Stormie has a much better looking helmet, seems somehow to be inspired by the MR CE/eFX PCR - though not perfect, it still is way ahead of the helmet sculpted by SSC. The Disney armor is better fitting and has some better overall details, and also much better cod piece.

The MR CE/eFX PCR helmets as well as this one from Disney/Hasbro are both very well sculpted helmets based on one half of a movie used Stormtrooper helmet than has been mirrored to both sides. If you look at a side profile of either of these helmets they look perfect. I believe this was something forced upon them by Lucas after they wanted helmets to be more pristine and perfect. This was also done to Vader's helmet for ROTS.

I cannot buy one at the online shop .-. .. every time the same error :/ .. i try it since tuesday :D

I cannot buy one at the online shop .-. .. every time the same error :/ .. i try it since tuesday :D

Have you tried switching it off and back on again?
..on a more serious note, have you tried a different browser and what is the error you are getting?

Ive tried ordering via Safari on iOS, also Windows IE and Mozilla. Same Error:

Der Aktualisierungsprozess kann mit dem eingegebenen Text nicht fortgesetzt werden.

In englisch: The update process can not continue with the entered text.

Ive tried ordering via Safari on iOS, also Windows IE and Mozilla. Same Error:

Der Aktualisierungsprozess kann mit dem eingegebenen Text nicht fortgesetzt werden.

In englisch: The update process can not continue with the entered text.

Fair enough.. if the Disney Deutschland site is giving you that message, double check that you have not missed some detail.. eg. ticking a small check box that agrees to Disney's terms and conditions.. also check that the site will deliver to your home address, if you are not actually based in Germany.. and that the card billing address and delivery address are compatible.. plus there may be an order limit of one figure per order for the Stormtrooper (there is in the UK).

It doenst work. Ive tried differenz country codes .. I think i call the hotline on monday.
Thanks a lot.

Hey Sideshow, here is your starting point. :wave

DisneyTalkingStormtrooper04.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

The MR CE/eFX PCR helmets as well as this one from Disney/Hasbro are both very well sculpted helmets based on one half of a movie used Stormtrooper helmet than has been mirrored to both sides. If you look at a side profile of either of these helmets they look perfect. I believe this was something forced upon them by Lucas after they wanted helmets to be more pristine and perfect. This was also done to Vader's helmet for ROTS.

MR wanted a cheaper version of their older LE, for the regular fan. So they made it out of ABS and made it symmetrical because it was easier. Indeed it is sculpted from an original, because it looks very good, excepting the symmetry. eFX simply used the MR molds, after MR deceased.

stormtrooper helmet symmetrical.jpg

Back