Talking Stormtrooper action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stormtrooper can not. He has no articulation in the arm other that the shoulder swivel.

That's not exactly true. He has the shoulder swivel, and it can move right to left at the elbow. If the left arm could do the same, he could almost grip it. Sadly, that's not to be.

Disney Yapping Stormtrooper just arrived, a pretty cool 13" figure, very interesting to see its helmet which for a toy is more accurate than high end Sideshow 1:6 or 1:4 versions:

DisneyTalkingStormtrooperset.jpg

DisneyTalkingStormtrooper04.jpg

Disney doesn't have a problem using scanned data to have an accurate...almost anyway, character...seems sideshow will not resort to any officially scanned things...

Their 1:1 vader bust facemask and or dome was based off of an unofficial vader (somewhere out there), and their 1/6 stormtrooper is a scratch sculpt, which explains the wrong shapes and details...this Disney figure is just the perfect accurately shaped stormtrooper minus the precise little details that make ss 1/6 figures expensive...ss should seriously look into accepting scanned data for things they can't sculpt correctly, like stormies, vaders, fetts, etc....their creatures seem ok by comparison...

Ordered Han today. For the price, I think he'll be a fun toy to have around. I also ordered another Stormtrooper to have them flank Darth.

Received today. I dig him. Wish his arms were a little bit more articulated but overall not bad at the price point. Too bad the gun isn't removable ,meh.
I put him up beside the dewback and my ssc & marmit sandies...........he's like the king stormtrooper.........:lol

Received today. I dig him. Wish his arms were a little bit more articulated but overall not bad at the price point. Too bad the gun isn't removable ,meh.
I put him up beside the dewback and my ssc & marmit sandies...........he's like the king stormtrooper.........:lol

I imagine it's due to safety standards, but it would have been cool for them to have the guns slot in with the metal connectors into the hands (that had metal connectors in them) to complete the circuit and power the gun, like they'd sometimes do in toys in the olden days.

Stopped by the disney store today again to pickup a second trooper. They had han in, looks cool and not bad for the price but not useable within my 1/6th stuff like the stormy.

It's actually a bank lol. It is on the small side. Anyone know if the 1998 Kenner one is pretty good scale wise?

Yes, he is standing on the proverbial box in this case. :rotfl

But in the picture it works, I guess it might be a little helped by lens distortion. I'm still not sure about Deluxe Vader personally, I have 3 marmits and counting so I will have to cut him down to size if I do buy.

Back