Talking Stormtrooper action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney Yapping Stormtrooper just arrived, a pretty cool 13" figure, very interesting to see its helmet which for a toy is more accurate than high end Sideshow 1:6 or 1:4 versions:

DisneyTalkingStormtrooperset.jpg

DisneyTalkingStormtrooper04.jpg

Looks pretty nice. I must admit that I'm not that tuned in to the fine details and accuracy of the helmets, so both the Sideshow and this one look good to me. How's the articulation?

REPPED! LOL

This guy looks good. Guess this explains why the original news of these guys were as 18 inch figures. Still need to get out and buy one.

Just ordered the set from Disney UK, so I sure hope there are not going to be 18" versions as well.. oh wait, except for the Stormtrooper.. in fact, an 18" Stormtrooper sounds awesome!.. make it so, Disney...
:pray: :panic:

Come on sideshow. Listen to your customers!!!! We need another 1/6 scale stormtrooper, enough with the clones already!

For the price they really put together a nice figure. Scale is a bit odd, but I can get over that. I think I'll be picking up the Fett when it releases.

Finally made my way to the disney store to check this out in person.

It is actually very impressive.

I grabbed one to see how it fits with the new sideshow Vader as I could already tell any other Star Wars figure it would be out of the question. If not my son could have it haha.

Here is some quick pics to show scale:

This is how I will display it something like this and will add one more on the opposite side. Vader is basically the same size as the stormtrooper but with the stand and the staggered effect I'm digging it.

Closer pic to show the scale a bit better. Sorry last second pics before work.

This is where it gets wonky, with any of my other sideshow figures the difference is like this.

I am fore sure gonna pickup one more for my Vader shelf!

I took a look at it yesterday and it's pretty good, but something felt a little off to me. I don't know if the casting was slightly soft, or if the sculpt itself on the helmet was a little bit off. Still was pretty cool though. If only it was the right scale it would probably blend in nicely with Sideshow's figures, even as just background filler.

Very cool to see what other figures were coming in that video, and the guy seemed like he genuinely cared about the toy design. Those die cast vehicles look awesome!

BTW, thanks for those pics, Cobraca22!

If someone wants a project, I reckon you could remove the head and shrink mould it down to the right size

These look really cool. Very nicely sculpted. According to Rebelscum, there are many more in the works including Leia, Threepio and Artoo. I'm very tempted by these, but the articulation and size are hindering me a bit. How would one go about modding the elbow on the weapon holding arm to be articulated?

For the price they really put together a nice figure. Scale is a bit odd, but I can get over that. I think I'll be picking up the Fett when it releases.

Fett Army!.. Fett Army! .. Fett Army! :yess:
..£20?!.. loving you long time!

Caved and bought..............:gah:

might buy another one and take the pauldron and back pack I have from an old hasbro sandy and make him a sandtrooper..........:panic:

I got my Disney Store 13.5'' Stormtrooper today. I LOVE this guy. Seriously. He's HUGE. I love seeing him cast in nice, hard ABS plastic. It just looks perfect for the Stormtrooper. Everything is nice and crisp, and he just feels good in hand. I'm actually amazed how much articulation he has. It's too bad his ankles didn't have a bit more because it's hard to keep him standing in some of the poses, but it's not bad. The sound chip is superb. One of the clearest, nicest sound chips I've ever heard. The dialogue is really crisp. It's amazing how much dialogue he spouts. And the weapons sounds are fun. There are three of them he cycles through. I hope the rest are up to this quality.

14131707232_839dc69b40_c.jpg
14134674305_30af8b8478_c.jpg

13947984887_9850ca8eb8_c.jpg
13948003399_02cf08952f_c.jpg

13947985247_4e4368388c_c.jpg

It's a great figure that once again proves you can get quality stuff for lower prices too.

Stupid comment: I'm guessing Disney made this figure 13.5 inches so they won't be kitbashed w/any other competitor figures?

Just thinking outload again.....:dunno

shockwave, that and probably to keep in the licensing agreements with Hasbro and SSC.

That being said I'm probably going to pick one up next weekend at Star Wars Weekends!

I wonder if the x wing luke helmet will fit a 1/6 scale head. It looks like the human head sculps are smaller we will see.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Back