takara indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah 200-250 I could see for leather but 400 is such a huge crazy price increase. I'd expect 3 outfits (adventure, map room and suit), 2 heads, a bunch of hands, and all the relics to justify that.

But we'll see if this is even a Raiders Indy or a KotCS one. I want pics!

This is almost 3 times the price of the Takara Batman, though. And look at everything that came with (an extra head and a ton of accessories). I'm with Dave... something is probably up with this. I'm anxious to find out.

I know and honestly I don't think the Tak Bats was worth that. So they'd really just have to drop the hugest OMG bomb of all time to make me think. It better be like a 4 pack of figures with everything under the sun and then some.

Now, multiple heads and multiple outfits... that might do it.

Bodies, likeness, real everything, etc. I just cannot believe anything they come up with will be worth $400. This would have to be the greatest thing ever done in 1:6th scale history.

I'm anxious to see what they have stored just on the price talked about alone.

Is it possible that this might be a multipack, containing 2 or more figures in a set?

Considering that the Takara Batman is $160, 2 base figures with a few extra heads, tons of accessories and multiple outfits would be fair at $400, imho.

Nothing can justify a toy being priced at 400. I am sorry, that's why I still shudder at the thought and cost behind the Enterbay figures.

I still have to pinch myself every now and then for spending even 200+ after shipping and duties for my Takara Batman. Oh well, we pay the price because we're willing to. Plus I have to own the very best respresentation of my favorite characters in figure or statue form.

The thing is, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS YET... so any definitive statement on the price is a bit premature.

I agree than $400 for a single 1:6 is far too extreme, but I have to think there's more to this than that (if that is indeed the price).

Considering that the Takara Batman is $160, 2 base figures with a few extra heads, tons of accessories and multiple outfits would be fair at $400, imho.

Sounds about right to me also. Will this guy be equal to 2 1/2 Batmen? It's possible I guess. I'm very interested but skeptical like everyone else.

Nothing can justify a toy being priced at 400.

I agree 400 is super extreme but depending on what was included and the materials used it could possibly justify that cost IMO. Certainly handmade OOAK custom pieces have topped well over 400, justifiably in many cases. Hell they've made a jewel encrusted solid gold Monopoly board. I'd never buy it but I could understand why it was priced the way it was.

The thing is, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS YET... so any definitive statement on the price is a bit premature.

I agree than $400 for a single 1:6 is far too extreme, but I have to think there's more to this than that (if that is indeed the price).

I'm with Irish, we still are in the dark for what this is. Who knows, it might come with a horse, plus a boxed up Ark and all of the artifacts Indy has been after in the 4 movies.
Maybe with a price tag like this the Indy figure is actually Takara's declaration that they will be doing Premium Format figures now. If it is done with exceptional quality 400.00 would not be a stretch for an Indiana Jones PF from Takara.
Either way I cannot wait to see what Hasbro's brother from Japan has to offer.

ok fellas, some concrete news.

the catwoman pic shown has a big sign across it saying "this is just an image. it's different from the product". i guess they just needed a catwoman placeholder to put there. as for a new toys mccoy indy figure, that's not true - toys mccoy are actually involved WITH takara in creating this figure. the only other stuff i could find from rakuten auctions is that this is supposed to come on "the best body, the best materials, the best accessories".

now call me crazy and stupid (i totally am) but i did just preorder one. very early preorder price was $320. so i jumped. what can i say, i'm a huge indy fan. takara bats is my fave fig. so i know i probably won't be disappointed. and if he comes with 3 heads like you guys suggest, that would be mega. wasn't too certain about either the medi one or the sideshow one so i took a BIG risk and went for this one.

Knew I could rely on you 8S, I'm gonna wait out, but I think the price will keep this one from me.
I am so intrigued to see what they actually come up with on this!

now call me crazy and stupid (i totally am) but i did just preorder one. very early preorder price was $320. so i jumped. what can i say, i'm a huge indy fan.

Good on ya Mate :) Nice to see someone who actually wants this figure :rock

You don't have to justify yourself or what money you spend. We are all in this hobby to get a certain satisfaction out of it and if it means paying whatever price you want to get the said figure of choice all the best to you.

My inital thoughts when seeing the news of this figure wasn't what do I get for my money, it was how damn good is this figure going to be for that price?

And you know what, I will predict that it will be well worth it.

btw where did you preorder this from ?

thanks zedex9r. i ordered it from rakuten (the japanese auction site/marketplace just do a search for インディ・ジョーンズ). i really hope the order goes through. a few months ago they put on a ban on foreign credit cards (they said they had a lot of fraud problems) - it stopped me getting some medi shadow stormies for $40 each. i just hope the ban gets lifted by the time this ships.

Being as indifferent as I am to both the Medicom and SSC Indy's I'm intrested to see how Takara's will turn out. If it's similar in quality to an Enterbay Bruce Lee (and at that price it had better be) and comes with a diorama or something I could well be tempted.

now call me crazy and stupid (i totally am) but i did just preorder one. very early preorder price was $320. so i jumped. what can i say, i'm a huge indy fan. takara bats is my fave fig. so i know i probably won't be disappointed. and if he comes with 3 heads like you guys suggest, that would be mega. wasn't too certain about either the medi one or the sideshow one so i took a BIG risk and went for this one.

Im with you bro. Preordered myself one as well. :rock

Back