takara indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully with all this Indy hype, they will start to release figures from other Harrison Ford movies.

can anyone say Rick Deckard?? :D

I would agree that the average Japanese collector, for the most part, is pretty used to being squeezed, milked and even blantantly exploited, but everybody has a limit, and 40,000 yen for a 12" figure, yes even for a huge icon like Indy, will have to be something above and beyond most people's expectations for anyone but the most rabid otaku fanboy to lay out that much dough for one figure. Maybe it'll come with like 3 different heads, 10 sets of hands, more than one costume, a diorama base... who knows?

The folks at Takara-Tomy aren't completely insane, so I'm sure there will be a reason for the hefty price tag. That said, it's still going to be more than some folks are willing to pay. Fortunately, we have Sideshow and even Medicom to satisfy our Indy jones... (sorry, no pun intended!) I'm really kinda curious now to see just what the hell Takara has up their sleeves.

Last edited:
Who the ^^^^ is Rick Deckard:confused:

:google

:thwak

blade_runner.jpg

Btw, I think this is shaping up to be real interesting, we're gonna have every choice from penny noodles to the finest foie gras for our Indy collection, can't wait to see what that $400 price tag covers?

That Air Force one is a great older sculpt of Harrison... nicely done. Well if the Takara is just from the new film that kinda makes me even less interested. I'd probably eventually buy a 1/6 of Indy from the new flick, but its not a priority and certainly not a $400 investment.

By the way, I don't think Catwoman is going to be a reissue of the previous figure. I have one of those and it looks very different from the one pictured. It says the new one's a "comic" version, priced at around $90, so the price will be about the same for the first Cats figure, but this looks like an all new kitty.

you sure Catwoman is gonna be different than the 1st version? because from this pic posted it looks just like the 1st release . plus it would make sense since the rereleased Bats.

takara1yj3.jpg

The Catwoman looks the same except it appears her costume is purple?

And notice their Duenan is 20K Yen, so that's more than the HT version.

And everyone moaning about the price of the Indy - we should just wait and see what it comes with - it could very well be awesome.

And is that Air Force One figure a commercial release or a custom? I think it's a fantastic sculpt and even has one of Ford's trademark expressions. I wouldn't spend $400 for it, but I wouldn't mind getting it.

It better be something special for that kind of coin. Either way unless I'm just blown away to the point of almost death I'll pass. The Tak Bats is nice but if its anything I'm not expecting anything just OMG great. IMO it will be quite hard to match just how great the SS version is.

This is almost 3 times the price of the Takara Batman, though. And look at everything that came with (an extra head and a ton of accessories). I'm with Dave... something is probably up with this. I'm anxious to find out.

looks puprle in that pic as opposed to the balck one.

but i'm pretty sure the purple is just the quality of the pic they chose.

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=19854&cat=70&page=1

tak66347.jpg

it's definietly a proto pic of the 1st release. plus i know in the comic Cats had a purple outfit at one time but it looked nothing like that. also there was mention that this new release was based off the comic, but so was the 1st release. i'm pretty sure it's just a re-release like Batman Begins

Last edited:
Back