takara indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, can anyone read the whole ad? Perhaps it's figures from all 4 films, or comes with a horse or a real gold ark.

Agreed. No way it's a single figure at that price (unless it comes with a TON of accessories and bonus items). Very interested to see what this is.

Now where's Hot Toys'?

Also agreed.

Unless they managed to literally clone and shrink down an immortal, living, breathing Harrsion Ford that would do your bidding, there's no excuse for an Indy figure being $400.

Are we sure this is a 12" figure? I know the post title in that link said Takara 12" figures, but it might be larger which could explain the price.

What's with these Japanese toy companies? Is their standard of living that high, 400 bucks for a figure, i mean the Medicom Indy isn't very exceptional and that's $150. Sheesh!

I probably won't get it but this 1:6 Indy announcement has gotten me the most intrigued. Takara did a great job on Bats, I can't wait to see what the do with Indy.

Not quite Indy news, but still Ford news. Did anyone else see the Air Force One Ford head and figure on the same forum. Looks very nice and a very good likeness. Could almost be an older indy. :)

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2571&extra=page=1

fordair.jpg

Nice sculpt, but he looks a little cockeyed front on. Ever so slightly. Don't like what they did with his hair that much, but excellent resemblance, and nice detail on the neck. I'd say it's a winner.

afo3sy4.jpg

About the Japanese article, from what I was able to gather it's going to be a 1/6 scale figure of Indy from the new movie, looks like it's due out in August '08, and it's bloody expensive!!! Doesn't give any indication that I could find why it costs so much, but I suspect there will be a ton of extra goodies with it to somewhat justify the price.

There was mention of Toys McCoy's Indy figure, so maybe they're planning to go all out on the costume and accessories. Nevertheless, that's still a huge hunk of change to cough up for a 1/6 scale figure... even the Toys McCoy version was under $300 when it first went on sale in Japan. :google

By the way, I don't think Catwoman is going to be a reissue of the previous figure. I have one of those and it looks very different from the one pictured. It says the new one's a "comic" version, priced at around $90, so the price will be about the same for the first Cats figure, but this looks like an all new kitty.

for 400 it better come with the ark of the covenant, the sacred stones, holy grail, every whip from each movie, 4 headsculpts from each movie, the plane that sliced the big guy indy was fighting in raiders, all the guns from each movie.....

for 400, it better come with ALL of that....and then some. like shortround is an added bonus.

400...seriously? SERIOUSLY??

Ok , why doesn't everyone take a deep breath, count to ten and settle down a bit. :acme

I think that some of you are going to give yourselves a heart attack. :D

Lets wait and see what Takara releases before jumping to conclusions. There may be a very good reason why Takara have chosen to make this figure so expensive, then again there may not be. Lets wait and see.

If it turns out that the Takara is an overpiced piece of crap, then there are other options like Sideshow or Medicom to go for. Its not like the Takara will be the only Indy option to get.

If it does indeed turn out to be amazing, then put me down for one :rock
We all know how much poseabilty the Gen X Core body has, and for all we know it could end being a "minature Indy", not to mention that it appears to be based on the "Kingdom of The Crystal Skull" Indy, which is pretty cool.

And yes, the standard of living is high in Japan. When I was in Tokyo last year I was amazed by the prices of some of the statues and figures that I saw in Akihabara and Shibuya. This is a figure aimed directly at the Japanese collector, who usually expect to pay extra, especially for such a famous western icon like Indiana Jones.

Also remember before the Takara Batman Begins figure was re-issued, it was asking and getting a similar price, if not more. There were plenty of collectors buying at this price.

Cheers

And I thought the Medicom was expensive!

At $400, it'll be more expensive than the Premium Format. That might just be my ceiling for Indy merchandise. We'll see.

Not quite Indy news, but still Ford news. Did anyone else see the Air Force One Ford head and figure on the same forum. Looks very nice and a very good likeness. Could almost be an older indy. :)

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2571&extra=page=1

fordair.jpg

Very charicature-esque to me. Do you see Ford in yeah, but looks far off from a realistic representations to me, the nose looks freakin huge and the eyes look more like a cartoon than a human. Still captures Harrison better that some realistic attempts, but I don't think it's anything special.

Back