takara indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truly, if Sideshow's 12" Indy doesn't pan out (and by that I mean the production paint apps and clothing quality aren't up to par) it looks like Takara may be our last hope. And that's dimming.

i am so glad i cancelled it. they just couldn't survive the hype they put into it. maybe there reading our forums to put out the ultimate version with different heads and clothing.

i am so glad i cancelled it. they just couldn't survive the hype they put into it. maybe there reading our forums to put out the ultimate version with different heads and clothing.

They WERE/ARE doing a figure with multiple heads and outfits. That's another reason why it truly sucks if this thing never materializes.

Truly, if Sideshow's 12" Indy doesn't pan out (and by that I mean the production paint apps and clothing quality aren't up to par) it looks like Takara may be our last hope. And that's dimming.

Come on now---we still have this great piece coming:

diamond_indiana.jpg

:monkey2

"Will maybe be available in 2009. " = Done.

I can't imagine this figure would have outdone the SSC figure, anyway. As cool as Takara Batman is the Wayne head is a doggy chew toy.

"Will maybe be available in 2009. " = Done.

I can't imagine this figure would have outdone the SSC figure, anyway. As cool as Takara Batman is the Wayne head is a doggy chew toy.

Come on now---when it first came out that BW head was all the rage. It certainly doesn't hold up now---of course neither does the HT Batman v.1.

what's with his hand. he looks like he has the hands of the 18inch bruce lee figure put out by art asylum...

The DST? It does. Or at least the prototype did. Thankfully, the fixed that by the time they showed the prototypes at SDCC.

And that figure (as odd as it is) is a MUCH better buy at $70 than Medicoms are at $150. :lecture

Come on now---when it first came out that BW head was all the rage. It certainly doesn't hold up now---of course neither does the HT Batman v.1.

I know people went on and on about it, but I had V.1 BB and I thought it (the Wayne head) clearly sucked. I just never discussed it because, as you may have noticed, Batman fans get a little touchy.:D

I can't believe all these companies are sitting on there asses. There is tons of money to be made on quality 1/6 Indy figures. Sad that Minicom has the most figures shown. Sideshow has 2, 2 that should have been shipping when the movie came out.

The movie was a letdown and so is the figure market.

I know people went on and on about it, but I had V.1 BB and I thought it clearly sucked. I just never discussed it because, as you may have noticed, Batman fans get a little touchy.:D

I held out on getting a Tak Bats until this year in fact, after years of drooling and buying the hype.

I got him in and sold him about 2 weeks later. What a piece of crap.

Regardless, I did like the Bruce head. It was the best thing goin' then. Before the dark times. Before the rise of Hot Toys.

BTW Irish, how does the DST Indy look in person? I may be eating a little crow when it comes out. :lol

BTW Irish, how does the DST Indy look in person? I may be eating a little crow when it comes out. :lol

All of the DST 18" figures I saw at SDCC (Indy, Maul, Old Obi-Wan) were actually pretty decent-looking. For $55 each I'll be getting the Indy and Obi-Wan from Joe (mista305).

All of the DST 18" figures I saw at SDCC (Indy, Maul, Old Obi-Wan) were actually pretty decent-looking. For $55 each I'll be getting the Indy and Obi-Wan from Joe (mista305).

You can't argue with that price even if they're just decent. I'm very curious to see how these look in person.

Personally, I'm delighted this isn't coming. $399 for a figure is ridiculous.

As for that stuff that was posted here a while back about different outfits and heads, I didn't believe a word of it.

Guess the suspense will continue as we await the adventure of

Indiana Jones
and the
Collectible of Unfathomable Price

blister still has this up for preorder on their site. I would imagine they'd be the first to get news of a cancellation and remove it from their site. the release date has also changed from august to october. personally, i think it's coming. but there could be more delays.

The problem is that Takara/Tomy doesn't really have any reps to keep the retail channels informed.

This thing could be coming out in a month or two, or not at all. Just odd all-around.

Back