takara indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw on another site that Takara has suspended production on this item, but may resume in 2009. Potentially the best 1:6 version of Indy bites the dust in other words!!

I'm over Indy, after seeing George Lucas have his way with him in South Park. Indy isn't cool anymore.

Postponed till next year... well, that blows. Just checked where I pre-ordered one months ago, and still no pics up... Whatever. I've seen the Medicom version and it looked like his pistol is molded into his hand! Easy pass for me. I'm not going to cancel the GENX just yet, at least not until I see some pics, but I'm beginning to think the Sideshow Indy will be the only one I keep.

Maybe the development of this figure is taking the same path the Indy 4 took over the years. :rotfl:rotfl

Postponed till next year... well, that blows. Just checked where I pre-ordered one months ago, and still no pics up... Whatever. I've seen the Medicom version and it looked like his pistol is molded into his hand! Easy pass for me. I'm not going to cancel the GENX just yet, at least not until I see some pics, but I'm beginning to think the Sideshow Indy will be the only one I keep.

The pistol is not molded into the MEdicom Indy's hand. It comes in his hand in the box, and fits the hand beautifully, but is easily removable.

The pistol is not molded into the MEdicom Indy's hand. It comes in his hand in the box, and fits the hand beautifully, but is easily removable.

Thanks, someone else who actually has one told me the same thing. It was hard to tell through the box window, but I did think it was strange Medicom would do something like that... glad to hear I was mistaken. :D

I doubt this figure will ever get made.
With the world economy going definitely down the drain, there's no way any company will put out a figure that expensive. Just too much of a risk.

I hope you're wrong, but it very well could turn out that way. They might be so committed already that backing out is not an option. That's purely speculation, of course.

If/when they do release it, the way the economy is affecting everyone they're likely to have a much harder time selling them, even if it turns out to be the ultimate Indy figure.

i just dont understand how a 1/6 figure can cost that much.What could possibly be so amazing about it?For that price you would think they added a 1/6 scale UFO from Indy 4!:lol

If they're trying to re-create the Ultimate Seeker (Toys McCoy) Indy with a new Genex Core body and all the latest in figure development, that might justify the expense... all metal weapons with moving parts, real leather jacket, boots, whip, etc. It's still just speculation, though.

Back