Premium Format Sycocollectibles announce Marvel 1/4 Scale License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Guys, if you really think that US is the biggest market, iam telling you are completely wrong , sideshow won't say it but we can , guess which is the largest market for statues in the world ?
And if you think that guys in the Middleeast don't know sideshow that is wrong too, there are hundreds if not thousands of collectors in that area."

I'm sorry SYCO Collectibles, you are wrong. The majority of MARVEL collectors reside in the United States of America (and North America). I don't know if you are from United States...but if you're not, please allow me educate you. The Marvel Universe was created in the United States. For the past 50+ years, large percentage of the (male) United States children grew up reading, playing with and idolizing their favorite MARVEL superheroes. Over time these characters have evolved into more than just comics book characters...they are the faces of modern day mythology. as (North) Americans, MARVEL superheroes are practically ingrained in our DNA, and there's no group on earth that collects more MARVEL than us :lecture

marvel_superheros_with_american_flag_tshirt.jpg

...no disrespect to my fellow collectors overseas.

Last edited:
Actually that's a fairly ignorant thing to say. While I imagine the US is indeed the largest consumer on Marvel products, including high end statues, to say this is the case because it is American made and relevant to American culture is fairly shortsighted. For example, you would be surprised how many anime, television dramas, comics, novels, etc... are far more popular in *insert foreign country here* than in the country of origin, regardless of its contents. Despite pretty much always taking place in Japan and utilizing countless Japanese anime stereotypes and cliche, quite a few suprt robot series from back in the day are actually more well known and liked in the Middle East and Latin America. It's easy to just assume things. I don't have the faintest clue what the Middle East is even like so I can't even begin to guess what their pop culture is into.

Here's a copy & paste from Wikipedia of middle Eastern Countries. I can't imagine it being a bigger market than the States for Marvel statues but if Syco said that it must be true :monkey1

Egypt
Iran
Turkey
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Israel
Jordan
Lebanon
Palestinian territories
Oman
Kuwait
Qatar
Behrain
Cyprus

There are well over 300 million peeps in the US alone. Throw in our Canadian brothers and the demand for Marvel statues in North America would crush the entire middle Eastern countries. Not to mention as kids we have all grown up with these characters our entire lives. I'm not looking to burst anyone's bubble but North America will always produce the greatest demand for Marvel statues. No other region or continent will come close. Only China/Asia could create greater demand. However, how many of them know or care enough about the Marvel U to buy statues?

Last edited:
I lived in the Uae sometime back in 80s and early 90s. those arabs are loaded with money and dont know what to do wit them, whenever we visited game parlours , we never got a chance to play, those locals wouldnt move from there, their pockets were always full of change, when i could hardly save 100 dirhams to buy one game,there used to be arab kids buying complete shelves,
it all depends on their fancy, with a Es of around 300-400 , i dont think they will find it diffcult to sell it just the rich countries alone, they might have a problem making the more sexy female statues though

Actually that's a fairly ignorant thing to say. While I imagine the US is indeed the largest consumer on Marvel products, including high end statues, to say this is the case because it is American made and relevant to American culture is fairly shortsighted. For example, you would be surprised how many anime, television dramas, comics, novels, etc... are far more popular in *insert foreign country here* than in the country of origin, regardless of its contents. Despite pretty much always taking place in Japan and utilizing countless Japanese anime stereotypes and cliche, quite a few suprt robot series from back in the day are actually more well known and liked in the Middle East and Latin America. It's easy to just assume things. I don't have the faintest clue what the Middle East is even like so I can't even begin to guess what their pop culture is into.

:goodpost::goodpost:

I lived in the Uae sometime back in 80s and early 90s. those arabs are loaded with money and dont know what to do wit them, whenever we visited game parlours , we never got a chance to play, those locals wouldnt move from there, their pockets were always full of change, when i could hardly save 100 dirhams to buy one game,there used to be arab kids buying complete shelves,
it all depends on their fancy, with a Es of around 300-400 , i dont think they will find it diffcult to sell it just the rich countries alone, they might have a problem making the more sexy female statues though

:exactly:

Here's a copy & paste from Wikipedia of middle Eastern Countries. I can't imagine it being a bigger market than the States for Marvel statues but if Syco said that it must be true :monkey1

Egypt
Iran
Turkey
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Syria
United Arab Emirates
Israel
Jordan
Lebanon
Palestinian territories
Oman
Kuwait
Qatar
Behrain
Cyprus

Yeah.....huge market :rolleyes2

If they are limited to that region then they have great chances to make money there, a ridiculous amount of wealthy people in those countries listed above.

If they are limited to that region then they have great chances to make money there, a ridiculous amount of wealthy people in those countries listed above.

Not to mention they get the reputation of being a direct region supporter so it is probably an open market there pretty easy to exploit. For all we know this could be one of the smartest recent license grabs in the statue market.

Wow, what a cluster****. The posts from Syco over at SF are an embarrassment... not very professional of them. I also have a feeling that when (or better yet, IF) we see these collectibles they won't be anything to go crazy over anyway. No loss here.

Wow, what a cluster****. The posts from Syco over at SF are an embarrassment... not very professional of them. I also have a feeling that when (or better yet, IF) we see these collectibles they won't be anything to go crazy over anyway. No loss here.

I agree. As I said earlier, what a way for Syco to alienate collectors.

Syco are a bunch of amateurs.dont buy their products.their statues looks cheap.

they screw up again, after asking Eric Sosa to help them in their creative dept, they are back to their shady business , leading to Sosa leaving them, it has probably to do with them still dealing with that Kingofthehobbies guy..

Just read the stuff it's amazing that this company even managed to get a marvel licence to be honest with the mess they seem to be in.

KOh has singelhandedly destroyed Sycos name...they might as well change their name.

I'm surprised it hasn't been yanked already its no surprise after the whole Lou ferringo hulk disaster. I would guess that the quality wouldn't have matches sideshow ( I mean the good pieces not spider woman :( )

Back