Premium Format Sycocollectibles announce Marvel 1/4 Scale License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read about the Syco Lou Ferrigno Hulk. What a mess :lol
Turned out to be pretty naff to, I've got to say the original statue who Syco apparently copied it from :D (like they didn't) was pretty cool though.

I thought there Wolverine turned out nice though. Not something I would buy but I can imagine some on here liking it.

I don't think they showed a wolverine that was Hollywood collectibles and that is going ahead

Oh right, I thought that was a vast improvement on there Hulk efforts. Still I can't see Syco as an option of getting a 1/4 Spidey PF now. Even if they are easy to get hold of or not, oh well I'll start saving after I pay Hulk off & keep a look out for a SS one. Or maybe I'll get really lucky & SS will announce a new comic one. Along with Wolverine, Captian America & Thor :lol

the guy kingofhobbies has been acting on sycos behalf inviting sculptors to show their design and works,, but was exposed by some members about earlier dealings,somewhow dragging syco in the mud along with it,,syco came abroad threatening lawsuit against some user, suddenly all hell broke loose,i think its the same guy posting on sycos behalf.

even if US collectors were interested you would not be able to order directly from them as they are licensed in that country only. if you wanted one you would have to have someone over in that country ship it to toy.

Oh right, I thought that was a vast improvement on there Hulk efforts. Still I can't see Syco as an option of getting a 1/4 Spidey PF now. Even if they are easy to get hold of or not, oh well I'll start saving after I pay Hulk off & keep a look out for a SS one. Or maybe I'll get really lucky & SS will announce a new comic one. Along with Wolverine, Captian America & Thor :lol

A brown wolverine has been hinted or a while so it'll probably happen
Not sure about the other two

I wouldn't touch this company or any of their products with 10 foot pole.

They said they are not looking or any of our business, they are looking to do all of their business in the middle east. It's going to be very dangerous sending huge square boxes around there not thinking it could be bombs.

They said they are not looking or any of our business, they are looking to do all of their business in the middle east. It's going to be very dangerous sending huge square boxes around there not thinking it could be bombs.

They stated that? Nice way to alienate collectors in this hobby.

Oh well... after all I've read they won't be getting any of my money anyway.

They stated that? Nice way to alienate collectors in this hobby.

Oh well... after all I've read they won't be getting any of my money anyway.

On SF, the rep announced the Marvel license without mentioning that it is only in the Middle East.

When he got called on it, and the expected complaints came in, he got very defensive and said:

"Now somebody is telling the reality of what is going on for real, you said it all , nothing to add, thanks a lot.
Guys, if you really think that US is the biggest market, iam telling you are completely wrong , sideshow won't say it but we can , guess which is the largest market for statues in the world ?
And if you think that guys in the Middleeast don't know sideshow that is wrong too, there are hundreds if not thousands of collectors in that area."

Guess they won't miss my $ then, but I wouldn't send this company a single cent based on their shady history and lack of professionalism

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people in the Middle East want an Iron Man movie statue. American billionaire who made his fortune by blowing their people up...

In fairness they stated that their license is restricted to the Middle East. Marvel has stated they cannot sell directly into the US or EU markets.

We are still trying to establish more information about this company as there appears to be a number with the same name.

Yes I didn't mean to imply they denied the Middle East only license... they simply didn't mention it for many posts, until asked directly by members.

They then explained that their products will not be available in the US... but of course, by then members were wondering why they created all the hype without that crucial piece of information.

In fairness they stated that their license is restricted to the Middle East. Marvel has stated they cannot sell directly into the US or EU markets.

We are still trying to establish more information about this company as there appears to be a number with the same name.

One issue, returns, shipping and customs will be enough to make me think twice. I'm sure if it makes it here in some shops or eBay they will ask for a premium since it's a import. So maybe a SS spiderman shipped here will be like 600.00 to 700.00 saying if it comes not broken. If it does add on shipping both ways for a return plus customs and hope the third time is the charm. Does a syco statue really command this much money? If so then they must be the best statues ever made.

Back