Premium Format Sycocollectibles announce Marvel 1/4 Scale License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like Sideshow has some competition at 1/4 scale in the Marvelverse. Hopefully this will inspire SS.

Sycocollectibles announcement,
We proudly announce marvel license, that includes license for movie characters of Ironman 3 and Avengers .
Syco also announces ultimate Spiderman license.

We have all marvel characters , comic and movie .
Yes of course we had to go through Disney office .
All our releases will be in premium format 1/4 scale , the quality delivered will be the highest .

It is all depending on marvel approvals, but we will go comic and movie side by side. All popular characters will be targeted from both comic and movie.

First Character is Spidey.

Originally posted here.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=133831

Now this is interesting. I can really go for some badass spidey/ironman and all supporting Characters!

I've never heard of them. Are their statues any good? How is the quality of their sculpts and paint apps? I will definitely keep an eye out for their marvel pieces. I'm still waiting for a kick *** 1/4 scale fully sculpted classic Hulk, Cap, Thor, & Doom. Let's see what they have to offer.

I like Syco but I've not seen them ship anything much , like now they have a lot of preorders slated for 1stqtr2013, really? I love the sculpts they put out like 18" Sonya blade and the 18" Sub zero dio , preordered them from BBTS but when will they ship

hope sideshow wakes up!what kind of license do yhey make?

Ooooh, this could be interesting. I'm eager to see their Spidey and if they make better decisions with their control art and more importantly their QC.

Oh boy! Yes finally now we have options and not have to buy from SS. Love some hefty competition! Bring them on. Btw I need a spidey PF! Please venom, Thor, capt, wolvie, etc. Now I could save some money instead of back tracking so many older SS statues. I hope their prices are cheaper around 275.00 to 300.00 per statue. That would bring in some new buyers who don't want to pay near 400.00 a statue.

Oh boy! Yes finally now we have options and not have to buy from SS. Love some hefty competition! Bring them on. Btw I need a spidey PF! Please venom, Thor, capt, wolvie, etc. Now I could save some money instead of back tracking so many older SS statues. I hope their prices are cheaper around 275.00 to 300.00 per statue. That would bring in some new buyers who don't want to pay near 400.00 a statue.

Have you seen Syco's prices? :lol

I hope they can get some of the great sculpters like miller, mark, etc over there to boosts up business. Sort of like when image comics form.

I don't think ssc has any competition with Syco. There products are ok but not great.

That's why syco needs to borrow some of the great freelance sculpters from SS like Tim miller and so many others. If they can pay up hopefully they can go there for a few sculpts. The marvel line is so big there's so many more to be made.

That's why syco needs to borrow some of the great freelance sculpters from SS like Tim miller and so many others. If they can pay up hopefully they can go there for a few sculpts. The marvel line is so big there's so many more to be made.

One thing ssc has going for them is they have exclusive in-house sculptors like Martin C, Pablo, Newman, Andy B, Tony C (though I don't think he is all that) and other great sculptors. They maybe able to get Tim Miller but I wouldn't bank on it. I also like that ssc does mix media and not fully sculpted statues. I just don't see the quality with SSC to warrant any challenge to them.

One thing ssc has going for them is they have exclusive in-house sculptors like Martin C, Pablo, Newman, Andy B, Tony C (though I don't think he is all that) and other great sculptors. They maybe able to get Tim Miller but I wouldn't bank on it. I also like that ssc does mix media and not fully sculpted statues. I just don't see the quality with SSC to warrant any challenge to them.

Hmmm I never knew Newman was an exclusive sculptor for SS. That's good too. I still need nice statues from him at SS. :clap

You never know what to expect. I dont have any but Ive followed their MK releases. To me they're just as hit or miss as SS is as far as sculpts.

But I cant wait to see what they're going to do. Marvel is their highest profile license yet and the bar is fairly high. Hopefully there can be a decent Miles Morales PF out of this... my favorite character of all the newer Marvel or Ultimate Comics characters.

Between HCG and Syco I'd like to see at least one of their 1/4 scale Marvel statues top a Sideshow version. They need to do that to prove themselves.

This got me curious and started looking at Syco's website and don't feel that impress. Been looking at all those Mortal Kombat statues they got going and I think they are pretty good, but not enough to make me go "WOW!"

I will give them a chance still and see how SSC respond to them.

Back