Survivor : Gabon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This season will go down as one of the worst survivors.

sort of agree. Not all that great. I did like Sugar and what she brought to the game though... and Randy, even though he was a prick.

I want another Rupert-type on survivor. I think the show may be a little over-done by now. Except nothing else to replace it except for Amazing Race. I can do without all the other reality crap on TV... (except Real Word/Rroad Rules/Gauntlet)

Dang! I forgot all about this thread. Agree with the others, this was one of the weaker seasons. Sugar was all over the map. First she was mad 'cuz Kenny tricked her into dumping Ace, then she works with him, before finally switching over to Matty and Bob. Then she dumps Matty and keeps Bob for the final 3??!!! What was that about?

I think my favorite line of the entire season was the tribal when Crystal was eliminated. Sugar is waving her idol in everybody's face, and Probst asks her, 'are you sure that's real?,' and Bob makes a face and says, 'Hey don't look at me, I didn't make that one.'

CLASSIC.

2nd favorite moment of season-- the tribal after Randy got voted off when he came out with the mohawk-- who else was thinking he was gonna go all psycho a la Travis Bickle/Taxi Driver?

Bob was awesome, much of the time they showed him he was making some contraption just like the Professor on Gilligan's Island. I wanna know how he folded a Buff into a bow tie.

Thanks for the contest, Mesa.

as for the one of the worst seasons, i don't know about that, there has been worse.
it seems that any of the seasons that aren't located in a tropical setting with beaches and ocean seem to suffer the same fate.
it could be that the show does seem to be running a little flat lately, and i did like the fact that they did have some unique challenges this season. seems that in the past they have been reworking alot of the old challenges from past seasons.
i'm sure that we'll see another all-star season pretty soon.

Want to make the show unique again?... Go to a frozen climate where skin won't be on parade.... That's what they haven't done.

Surviving in a frozen tundra...:sick:lol

Theres a few reasons. Definately the skin, but also logistics. Its easier to set up the challenges, film, etc in warm weather. Also, they like doing it in places that people wish they can be.

There's a few reasons I didn't like this season, one of which is there was hardly any real tough and bruising physical challenges. Bocce ball? Slingshot golf?

I think one thing that would spark new life is if the tribes were given a calendar of events.

Day 1 Strength Challenge
Day 5 Puzzle
Day 8 Athletic Competition
Day 10 Balance Challenge
etc.

That way it would force the tribes to debate whether they should elimate/keep certain skilled players based on what they knew was upcoming.

Also, another idea is that the winning team has the opportunity to retain the other teams eliminated player in exchange for one of their own.

Last edited:
i'm sure that we'll see another all-star season pretty soon.

I think they need to do a No-Stars season and bring back people who were voted off 1st or 2nd to see how they would do. And there were a couple really annoying people voted off first so that could be fun.

I think they need to do a No-Stars season and bring back people who were voted off 1st or 2nd to see how they would do. And there were a couple really annoying people voted off first so that could be fun.

I'd be down with that. Unfortunately, so many of the 1st and 2nds were old then they might be ancient now. I always felt bad for the one dude that actually got voted out because he was a minister and people were worried he be preaching all the time.

that's a good idea, that way the players don't really know each other. not like when ozzie came back to play against the fans, well he always had a target on his back cause everyone knew they couldn't beat him at the challenges. or like someone else said but with a twist at the end of each reward challenge the winning team must also choose to switch one player with the losing tribe.

and also have the chance to bring back previously voted out players from earlier in the game.

Back