2012 Kibbles and Vick NFL Survivor League (REGISTRATION ENDS 1 SEPT)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

316what

The Real Vic Mackey
Reaction score
Soon to be Hell if I don't change my ways.
It's time for year 4 of the Kibbles and Vick NFL Survivor League.

Details:
- Run through USA Football Pools this year as they can accommodate larger numbers ($30 fee out of pot to cover charge)
- $10 entry (Paypal gift preferred, but checks/Money Orders accepted as long as received before games start Week 1)
- Multiple entries are allowed...each entry is $10
- Continues into playoffs

For those ready to sign up, you can send your entry fee as a Paypal gift to [email protected] AND be sure to include your board name in the notes section. Once payment is received I will send you the link to register for the league to the email used for Paypal.

Last year we had 200 participants and I know we can do better than that this year. Last year ended in a 4-way split....if the initiators of the split had waited 1 more week, it would have been a 2-way split.

Deadline to pay/register is Sept 1!!!!

Last edited:
Re: 2012 Kibbles and Vick NFL Survivor League

Bumping until registration is closed....especially because many people somehow missed this last year.:lol

Personally, I'd rather see the group broken up into 100 max rather than combined. The more people you have in the group the more likely you have to split the winnings at the end, which is just lame. Play to the end.

You don't have to split anything. People just realize its smarter to split than possibly end up losing.

You don't have to split anything. People just realize its smarter to split than possibly end up losing.

In that case it's smarter to just not play. Or to split it up after week 3. :lol

It's not inherently smarter to continue or not continue. It depends on how comfortable you are with your remaining picks in comparison to the other player's remaining picks.

In any case, I guess my main point that I didn't really make is I'd rather play against 100 rather than 200 so that by the time week 17 or the playoffs or whatever rolled around there would be 1/2 as many people to contend with.

Not a big fan of the overcrowded pools.

Personally, I'd rather see the group broken up into 100 max rather than combined. The more people you have in the group the more likely you have to split the winnings at the end, which is just lame. Play to the end.

Last year it was broken into 2 leagues of 100 only because Yahoo capped each league at 100. Everyone was still competing against 199 other people.

In that case it's smarter to just not play. Or to split it up after week 3. :lol

It's not inherently smarter to continue or not continue. It depends on how comfortable you are with your remaining picks in comparison to the other player's remaining picks.

In any case, I guess my main point that I didn't really make is I'd rather play against 100 rather than 200 so that by the time week 17 or the playoffs or whatever rolled around there would be 1/2 as many people to contend with.

Not a big fan of the overcrowded pools.

Doesn't really work out that way. 2 years ago there were 98 people and the league ended with a 9-way split in Week 15. Last year there were 200 people and it ended in a 4-way split in Week 14 or 15. Last year by Week 5, the league was down to 70 people. The only impact the number of entries really have is on the payout at the end.

But if you really like smaller leagues, I don't think mine will be for you this year as my league has continuously grown each year and should end up close to 300 people this year.

I'll probably play because I like to see the interaction of people I sorta know. Just wish you'd cap it to being a freaks league.

I'll probably play because I like to see the interaction of people I sorta know. Just wish you'd cap it to being a freaks league.

Then we would have less than 20 people in it and not really worth the time/effort I expend on running a league.

As it is, I'll make a separate thread for us Freaks to interact onc ethe season starts.

Did you send out the registration email? I never got it.

Have you sent me your entry fee?

The order of events is as follows:
1. Entry fee paid
2. League invite/registration email sent
3. You register your team (s)
4. Week 1 you make your picks
5. Day after Week 1 you come screaming cuz you're out....not you necessarily, but there will be several, lol.

Last edited:

If you played last year AND had your email address visible, you should have received an "invitation" via that email address late last night.

That "invitation" is just to see who is interested in playing again this year. It came through the Yahoo system, but we're not using Yahoo this year. SO, do not register with the link in the email. Read the note and follow the instructions in the note I sent with it.

Have you sent me your entry fee?

The order of events is as follows:
1. Entry fee paid
2. League invite/registration email sent
3. You register your team (s)
4. Week 1 you make your picks
5. Day after Week 1 you come screaming cuz you're out....not you necessarily, but there will be several, lol.

I sent you the fee on July 19

I figured it out. I sent it to the wrong address. I put [email protected]. Stupid me.

Received yours and a couple others over night.

I'll get the league invites sent out on Saturday....I host a poker game on Friday nights or else I'd send them out tonight.

And don't be surprised when you register if there's only 2-3 others in there. Everyone procrastinates and waits until the last week, lol.

Thanks for being proactive.:yess:

Back