Sue Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a new line based on some variant covers by Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic.

Personally I dont like her comic covers and often wondered if she only got a shot at being a cover artist because of her husband Marko, who I think did a good job with Thor. Either way I really hope sideshow doesnt pursue a line with her. I would be extremely dissapointed to see her art represent the beautiful women of marvel. Definite Pass.

Personally I dont like her comic covers and often wondered if she only got a shot at being a cover artist because of her husband Marko, who I think did a good job with Thor. Either way I really hope sideshow doesnt pursue a line with her. I would be extremely dissapointed to see her art represent the beautiful women of marvel. Definite Pass.

I'm not going to speculate whether or not Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic received any work simply because of her husband. Believe it or not, there are talented women artist out there who don't have to ride the coattails of a man in order to get a job. And to be honest, I'm not sure how Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic did or did not secure work has anything to do with a discussion of this comiquette.

If you do not like her work, that's fine. But maybe we should avoid speculating how she secured employment. Besides, even if her husband was the reason she got her foot in the door, she would not be the first person to secure employment that way. Remember that old saying, "it's not what you know, it's who you know". I would be willing to bet a number of fellow forum members have secured employment because someone they know opened a door for them.

I'm not going to speculate whether or not Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic received any work simply because of her husband. Believe it or not, there are talented women artist out there who don't have to ride the coattails of a man in order to get a job. And to be honest, I'm not sure how Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic did or did not secure work has anything to do with a discussion of this comiquette.

If you do not like her work, that's fine. But maybe we should avoid speculating how she secured employment. Besides, even if her husband was the reason she got her foot in the door, she would not be the first person to secure employment that way. Remember that old saying, "it's not what you know, it's who you know". I would be willing to bet a number of fellow forum members have secured employment because someone they know opened a door for them.

Fair enough and sorry for any HR offense I did not intend. Whether or not she is a woman and regardless of her employ I dont think she is good enough to be a Variant COVER artist for Marvel considering a lack of prior work in the industry and the wealth of talent out there. If it was his brothers art I would feel the same. If sideshow is not creating their own designs then the quality of artist does matter to me for the cost they are charging these days. Either way, if i wont buy a $10 variant at my local comic shop I dont see myself spending several hundred on a statue. Respectfully...just my opinion

Fair enough and sorry for any HR offense I did not intend. Whether or not she is a woman and regardless of her employ I dont think she is good enough to be a Variant COVER artist for Marvel considering a lack of prior work in the industry and the wealth of talent out there. If it was his brothers art I would feel the same. If sideshow is not creating their own designs then the quality of artist does matter to me for the cost they are charging these days. Either way, if i wont buy a $10 variant at my local comic shop I dont see myself spending several hundred on a statue. Respectfully...just my opinion

Thank you for the clarification, I hope you understand my intent was not to launch a personal attack.

I can't say I'm impressed with that I've seen of it so far. Finally SSC does a big name female figure, but the comiquette looks pretty bad. Go figure.

i like her.. and i'm not find her like a tranny..
(ok, maybe a softer face outline might help!) but don't want judge by the single image posted on SShow site ..(sometime they using wrong images to tease their product..)
my only hope is they follow control art on phasing legs..that's would be cool!
jelenadjurdjevicvariant.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
i dont care for the control art either

of all the art out there to base Sue Storm on and THIS is what they chose, thats epic Fail on sideshow part imo!!

Back