Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth did Pablo Hidalgo and the other continuity peeps on the payroll sign off on this? I thought he being one of the old timers would have some integrity like Mark Hamill. He couldn't push back on any bad ideas?

Here is an interesting article about the Lucasfilm story group:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

I am sure everyone here will love the following quote: "Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female." That doesn't sound incredibly inclusive. However, to muddy things the article later claims the story group is now made up of 7 men and 4 women.:dunno

As for what I though about the movie, I would have liked it a lot better if Luke was treated differently. One other quibble is that Holdo's arc would have been a lot more effective if it was Ackbar. Instead we get a rando that didn't quite looked dressed for a military ship while Ackbar gets an off-screen death.

Also Emilia Clarke's character in Solo is named Kira which was Rey's original name.

And let's not forget the original Kybo Ren!

Kybo_Ren.jpg

The moral of the last jedi was:

you have been a failure all your life, failure is good.
Reject your father figures, they have nothing to offer you in 2017.
Reject God and religion, they are not needed or page turners; and of course Rose line about saving the ones you love not hurting the ones you hate

Luke Skywalker is probably among the top ten most popular movie characters ever
hes a pop culture icon at this point

they turned him from a noble and optimistic (if naive) do-gooder in to a jaded outcast and murderer without any real explanation

then killed him off and had him die alone on some crappy rock

as a scientist and an engineer I am so disturbed by the first video you posted I don't even know where to start. That "panel" was literally arguing that scientific and mathematical equations which describe physics are some how "subjective" and derived from a cultural belief to accept these equations as "knowledge"??!!??

I honestly wish I hadn't watched that even more than I wish I never watched TLJ :horror

You can't separate that anti-science SJW video from TLJ, because THAT'S the Post-Modernist nonsense being espoused in the film. See why I'm so angry about this movie? It's not just about the fact that Star Wars is being ruined as a franchise. It's not just that a corporation is purchasing all of Western popular culture, and infecting it with ideological nonsense. The worst of it, is the specifics of the nonsense that we're being spoon fed. It's a cancer. People need to start addressing what has happened in academia, because it's spreading beyond into all areas for society.

As a scientist and an engineer, can you imagine having to obey board members who believe in this crap? The left is AS dangerous as the right, in ignoring science. Everyone thinks that Donald Trump and the republicans have a monopoly on the abandonment of science. Not true. The left is even worse. All of these idealists are a cancer. We have to do something to fix this, because the propaganda is spreading everywhere.

Destroy all of the pods you see,check your backyards,your sheds,...dont assimilate. ..

You can't separate that anti-science SJW video from TLJ, because THAT'S the Post-Modernist nonsense being espoused in the film. See why I'm so angry about this movie? It's not just about the fact that Star Wars is being ruined as a franchise. It's not just that a corporation is purchasing all of Western popular culture, and infecting it with ideological nonsense. The worst of it, is the specifics of the nonsense that we're being spoon fed. It's a cancer. People need to start addressing what has happened in academia, because it's spreading beyond into all areas for society.

As a scientist and an engineer, can you imagine having to obey board members who believe in this crap? The left is AS dangerous as the right, in ignoring science. Everyone thinks that Donald Trump and the republicans have a monopoly on the abandonment of science. Not true. The left is even worse. All of these idealists are a cancer. We have to do something to fix this, because the propaganda is spreading everywhere.
Totally agree

have not seen this admonition yet but am to understand that the force awakens just to commit suicide ..............................................

The moral of the last jedi was:

you have been a failure all your life, failure is good.
Reject your father figures, they have nothing to offer you in 2017.
Reject God and religion, they are not needed or page turners; and of course Rose line about saving the ones you love not hurting the ones you hate

Luke Skywalker is probably among the top ten most popular movie characters ever
hes a pop culture icon at this point

they turned him from a noble and optimistic (if naive) do-gooder in to a jaded outcast and murderer without any real explanation

then killed him off and had him die alone on some crappy rock

Great post. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think I was this insulted during the PT. I’m 42 so I grew up with the OT, somehow it seemed the prequels were not destroying the vision on the characters I loved. But TLJ threw them all in a **** milkshake and shoved it down my throat.

I don’t think I was this insulted during the PT. I’m 42 so I grew up with the OT, somehow it seemed the prequels were not destroying the vision on the characters I loved. But TLJ threw them all in a **** milkshake and shoved it down my throat.

Probably because the prequels didn't have the original cast.

Kennedy put her strap on on and shoved it down the worlds throat deeply and many have been blinded by her lactating breasts splashing man killing milk into their eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back