Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things never change....or they change , then quickly change back again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, and you just know that Carl called Steven up and got an invitation over there solely for the purpose of stealing from him. A number of times too most likely. That's ****ed up. Big man working on DC movies, huh? "In" with Hollywood. What a loser. Worse. A criminal.

Just learning of all this, makes me wonder if he really ever got me Rambo illustration signed by Stallone and never sent it or if he did something, got it signed falsely and then sold it :(. Guess you can't trust people who are seemingly nice and trying to help you out.

Only millennials will get it.

sQvWY5n.png

I don't get it :yess:

Koi8aqH.png

Wait, what did he do for you?

Back when the first Expendables came out, he got in touch with me, I forget exactly how, PM or post, saying he was going to have special access to the Expendables panel at SDCC, so I made a special framing of my Rambo 4 illustration to print at 8x10 and get signed, and he said he got it signed, but at some point he was moving or something, it was in a whole pile of stuff he brought back from SDCC or something like thay and around that time his presence here started to fade, I never gave any money so no loss, just a big dream toyed with and crushed.

You have to be pretty evil to steal so much from close friends. People that trust you and care about you

I know, and you just know that Carl called Steven up and got an invitation over there solely for the purpose of stealing from him. A number of times too most likely. That's ****ed up. Big man working on DC movies, huh? "In" with Hollywood. What a loser. Worse. A criminal.

Well I remember one time he mentioned he met Blake Lively on the set of GL in Georgia or wherever they were filming, when in reality she was filming Gossip Girl in NYC (and completely blonde) that day.

I never put much stock into what he said after that :lol

Well I remember one time he mentioned he met Blake Lively on the set of GL in Georgia or wherever they were filming, when in reality she was filming Gossip Girl in NYC (and completely blonde) that day.

I never put much stock into what he said after that :lol

:lol :lol

So none of his buddies were like:

"Hey man, why are you brining that backpack into my warehouse full of valuable vintage star wars toys. And why does it look much puffier than it did earlier?"

Back when the first Expendables came out, he got in touch with me, I forget exactly how, PM or post, saying he was going to have special access to the Expendables panel at SDCC, so I made a special framing of my Rambo 4 illustration to print at 8x10 and get signed, and he said he got it signed, but at some point he was moving or something, it was in a whole pile of stuff he brought back from SDCC or something like thay and around that time his presence here started to fade, I never gave any money so no loss, just a big dream toyed with and crushed.

That's such a **** move on his part.

You have to be pretty evil to steal so much from close friends. People that trust you and care about you

Greed causes people to do all sorts of unethical things.

Normally in a situation like this it's 1 of 3 things: (A) drugs or other dependency (B) gambling (C) panicked scramble for cash to feed his kid, pay mortgage.
From the reports coming in now though it seems to have been a long term thing.

It's hit the mainstream press...

"NY TIMES:

Collector Charged in Theft of Star Wars Items in California
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSJUNE 5, 2017, 6:04 P.M. E.D.T.

SAN FRANCISCO — In the first "Star Wars" film, Obi-Wan Kenobi said, "in my experience there is no such thing as luck." Steve Sansweet thinks differently.

Sansweet, the owner of the largest privately owned collection of Star Wars memorabilia in the world, said Monday he feels lucky he found out about the theft of $200,000 worth of prized vintage action figures from his California nonprofit museum before it was too late.

About 120 pieces were stolen between 2015 and 2016 by a friend who stayed at the compound four times during that period, Sansweet said.

The sprawling collections are set up on shelves and are not behind glass or under lock and key.

About 100 of the stolen items have been recovered, he said.

Continue reading the main story
Police arrested Carl Edward Cunningham, 45, of Marietta, Georgia, and in March, the Sonoma County District Attorney's Office charged him with felony grand theft.

Cunningham is free on $25,000 bail and is scheduled to be in court June 27 for a preliminary hearing.

Neither Cunningham, nor his lawyer, Amy Chapman, returned calls for comment.

"It was very lucky we found out when we did — but not so lucky that he had a year to steal things," Sansweet said.

Sansweet, the founder of Rancho Obi-Wan in Petaluma, California, owns roughly 400,000 pieces of Star Wars memorabilia that are on display and shown to visitors.

That includes everything from the original banner Lucasfilm used to promote Star Wars at fan conventions in 1976, to a Darth Vader costume and all of the more than 2,500 small action figures issued over the past 40 years.

The thefts surfaced after a collector learned he had inadvertently purchased a Boba Fett action figure stolen from a Texas warehouse, Sansweet said.

Star Wars actors Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew tweeted about Sansweet's news Monday.

"Maybe publish a list of stolen items to protect potential victims from purchasing 'hot' merchandise. #TheFraudIsStrongInThisOne #SithHappens," Hamill said.

"This is despicable. Keep an eye out. Get the word out," Mayhew tweeted."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back