Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol there is really no problem finding good seats for Friday or Saturday. I pretty much refuse to buy a ticket otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

Both more favorable than my opinion.

I felt it was disjointed and structurally a mess. Many storylines were all for nothing. Repetitive beats on the extended 4th act. Some really strange choices. Some things drawn out too long (like the "training" of which there was very little training but lots of talk about doing it) and other things were rushed and felt plugged in (like Phasma). And in the end I walked away knowing not much more than I did when I entered the theater.

On the positive, it had a great opening adventure. The "silence" moment was amazing. Big surprise with Snoke. Some really great comedy bits.

Perfect! Couldn't agree more.

The seats way down in front are always available :lol

young-woman-looking-up-picture-id168939491

Lmao idk im in Philly though. I don't think city people rush to the movies as much. All the big movies I've seen have been empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, for me there's SW... and then there's "SW."* (*SW = classic trilogy, SW = everything else)

I like the "SW" insomuch as we get new SW merchandise (and yeah, the occasional visual or moment that kinda feels like it could have been in the classic trilogy.) No RO - no HT Tarkin. No TFA - no HT R2.

"GB" doesn't stop me from enjoying GB - and there's no way Blitzway would have done the 1984 guys in 1/6 without "GB" being made.

I just consider it all SW myself. I'm partial to the OT though of course being that's what I grew up with. However, that doesn't mean that I feel that everything else SW has to live up to it and if it doesn't, it sucks and is to be left out of canon. By default of the nostalgia I have for the OT, nothing else SW will live up to it, so I don't expect anyone to recapture that magic.

I don't particularly like TPM and AotC because I think both genuinely are soporific films, sans a few scenes. RotS though I enjoyed, and I enjoyed TFA and R1.

Have to disagree though that BW only produced the 84 Ghostbusters because of the release of the 2016 film. If that were the case, I would think that they would have made a set of the 2016 group as well. Them not doing so tells me they already knew that the 84 ones are more popular and if that is the case, I don't think anyone needed the 2016 film to be made to rekindle their love for the 84 film; if anything, all the 2016 release did was remind people how much/why they love the 84 film. Plus, there's no films that recently came out that suddenly gave them the impetus to make Tyler Durden and now Hannibal.

Of course they did announce the 84 group around the same time the 2016 film released, so I suppose it is possible that wasn't a coincidence. If they indeed only make the 84 group though because of the release of the 2016 film, I'm not sure why it took that. :lol

Alright, going to try to sum up my feelings and the movie.

Serious major spoilers:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wait, so does it show Luke actually pass away, or is he alive one scene and the next scene (the one where he appears and apologizes to Kylo) he's a Force ghost?

Just finished watching and WOW.

I think this is possibly THE best SW movie after Empire. I’m still soaking and playing it back in the back of my head - the action scenes, character development and seeing Luke back etc. Damn, I think this might even be better than Empire if I may be so bold :panic:

Luke's back? Luke Skywalker? That one guy who was the main hero of the OT? They actually brought him back?

:blissy

Spoiler Spoiler:

Alright, going to try to sum up my feelings and the movie.

Serious major spoilers:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for sharing man. So Luke's death doesn't sound very dramatic. lol You would think the death of one of the greatest hero's in movie history would go out in a better way.

Just seen it, and loved it. But what I love the most? The fact that the fans criticized the Force Awakens for being too save, Rian Johnson comes in, does something completely different, and the fans are freaking the **** out, almost a complete meltdown :rotfl

Just seen it, and loved it. But what I love the most? The fact that the fans criticized the Force Awakens for being too save, Rian Johnson comes in, does something completely different, and the fans are freaking the **** out, almost a complete meltdown :rotfl

This.

Thanks for sharing man. So Luke's death doesn't sound very dramatic. lol You would think the death of one of the greatest hero's in movie history would go out in a better way.

It was Very Well done on screen atleast.

In all honesty, the leaks make certain things sound worse than it actually is. I read what happened to Luke, hated it, yet when I watched it, I loved it. I have to say, sure, I like the old films, but some of the acting, especially Hamill's, wasn't that great. There is a reason why he was always Luke Skywalker, where as Harrison went on to do more great things. But here, in this film? Mark has come a long way, his acting was great here.

That said, unless there is a rather massive time jump to episode 9, I don't think this ''sequel trilogy'' will be a trilogy. There could easily be another 3 films from where the ending left things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back