Star Wars Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its funny they are basically telling the uber-critical collectors that pull out the calipers and microscopes in regards to the troopers not to expect it to be a certain way.

Droids look great, too early to tell on the Emperor, but if they can pull it off, I'm interested. Stormtrooper somehow doesn't look right at this point, but it may just be because it isn't painted. Does 1/1 size Stormtrooper mean a full lifesize, or could it also mean a 1/1 bust? If they do full life size, do you guys think it'll be about the same price as C3PO, or more?

The Droids are must haves for me. To me nothing says STAR WARS more then R2 and 3PO. Sure Vader is iconic as well as Luke but it's R2-D2 and C-3PO that represent the films the best IMO (OT of course).

Droids and the Stormie will be must buys; I may get the Emperor but would sell the 1:1 - don't need both.

All three PFs look extremely promising! Articulation and light up features. Wow! I hope SS takes their time and gets them right. I may have to start collecting Star Wars again. :slap

I like the pose on the Stormie, though I wish they would make him accurate. The 1:6 Stormtrooper figures still has its issues with the helmet and not to talk about the chest armor and cod piece.

pfstorm.jpg

articulated PF's.....so that's where SS is going

They have all ready been there. The LAM PF has some minor articulation with his arms.

I like the pose on the Stormie, though I wish they would make him accurate. The 1:6 Stormtrooper figures still has its issues with the helmet and not to talk about the chest armor and cod piece.

They said is basically a composite of every stormtrooper suit so it won't look like any one specific screen shot.

Droids look good so far. Interesting about the articulation. I think it's a good idea, at least with something like the droids. They can't have facial expressions, so their poses matter a lot. Plus you can add articulation without affecting their appearance at all.

Sideshow, please please please offer a dual display base for the droids like you did with the monster and his bride. :lecture

I thought we already determined that they would be sold as a set?

I can't remember, but it seems like they should come in a set. I wouldn't want one without the other.

So now we need a Tatooine base if they come weathered or a stone base (from the medal ceremony) if they come clean. :yess:

pfstorm.jpg

This is actually Lucasfilm's fault. I asked this very question at C5 this year and the Lucasfilm licensing guy himself told me they force collectibles companies to make a composite Stormtrooper instead of any real Stormtrooper. The only company that has this freedom is EFX because they are making prop replicas and not just helmets.

Wow 2011 is going to rock and be expensive. I might have to just collect SW for 2011. A lot of great stuff from that video. I liked the nod to the 1:1 Stormtrooper at the end.

Droids look good so far. Interesting about the articulation. I think it's a good idea, at least with something like the droids. They can't have facial expressions, so their poses matter a lot. Plus you can add articulation without affecting their appearance at all.

The droids are perfect candidates for articulation with their joints being such; I like having the option for the Fett PF.

This is actually Lucasfilm's fault. I asked this very question at C5 this year and the Lucasfilm licensing guy himself told me they force collectibles companies to make a composite Stormtrooper instead of any real Stormtrooper. The only company that has this freedom is EFX because they are making prop replicas and not just helmets.

If that is true I again say that I'm glad SDS got the rights to do their stuff at least in EU. LFL is going more and more crazy.

Back