Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...in order to keep costumers interested they have to at least stay consistent. They haven't. No one is pre ordering anymore cause we don't know what were getting anymore.

that's a fair point, but I don't think it would directly apply to this particular release since he was in process before all of the rooted to sculpted changes to Dumbledore and Hagrid which understandably made people wonder what they might receive vs. what the thought they were pre-ordering. For Snape, I think we were still operating under "normal" parameters.

So again, I'm very surprised no one really cares to check or contribute to this thread very much. Especially for Snape - arguable the most interesting and best written character in the series...

I would have gotten this if the head sculpt was better. I don't see Rickman in this. The clothing is well done though

Well...in order to keep costumers interested they have to at least stay consistent. They haven't. No one is pre ordering anymore cause we don't know what were getting anymore.

So again, I'm very surprised no one really cares to check or contribute to this thread very much. Especially for Snape - arguable the most interesting and best written character in the series...

:exactly: Best character in the franchise IMHO! Definitely my favourite Potter character.

Hope the UK retailers get their stocks in soon :impatient: Big Chief Studios already have him in stock, hoping that collectiblesdirect will get him in soonish! :pray: :impatient:

that's a fair point, but I don't think it would directly apply to this particular release since he was in process before all of the rooted to sculpted changes to Dumbledore and Hagrid which understandably made people wonder what they might receive vs. what the thought they were pre-ordering. For Snape, I think we were still operating under "normal" parameters.

In that case, it's probably a problem with the figure. The likeness has received mixed responses so I don't think it'll ever achieve the hype that it would get if it were a perfect sculpt of Alan Rickman.

In that case, it's probably a problem with the figure. The likeness has received mixed responses so I don't think it'll ever achieve the hype that it would get if it were a perfect sculpt of Alan Rickman.

I wanted to like it, even tried. But each review and picture I saw moved me away from buying it. And it was the figure that would define if I would get more of this line, since it's my favorite character.

Haven't seen the figure in person, but I've really liked the latest in hand shots.

And I guess this leads me back to my point. There will always be folks for whom any given headsculpt isn't quite up to par (consensus on likeness is elusive). But this still looks like a nice package, and at least a descent to very good sculpt in my book, and Snape IS the character of the series outside of Mr. Potter himself. Add to all that, the place in all of our hearts held by Alan Rickman and his body of work. If Star Ace can't sell THIS, what are they going to be able to sell? What is the future of this license in their hands??

I do want this figure. Snape was one of my favourites, particularly in the last 2 movies. Plus I have been a fan of Alan Rickman for many years. I just don't think the figure as good as it could have been and I think Star Ace are rushing the release on some of these Harry Potter figures.

I don't want the whole line of this series, but just a few of the central characters would do me fine. At the very least Voldemort, Snape and Harry.

He is a fantastic character, but some, including myself, simply don't like the sculpt. I do like his outfit (like I've said before - looks good) and will get from second-hand market once the price is sensible and swap with my medicom sculpt.

I agree with Nuka too.

I get it. At first I was wondering why no one seemed too interested, NOW I'm thinking IF not too many people are interested (in this piece almost above all others), what does that say about Star Ace's viability with this license (which HAD to cost them a pretty penny)?

I mean, I know this forum doesn't represent the entire market for any given collectible, but for high-end figures in particular, if there's not much energy among THIS group, I don't think that portends well for the entire potential market....but maybe some will disagree.

Haven't seen the figure in person, but I've really liked the latest in hand shots.

And I guess this leads me back to my point. There will always be folks for whom any given headsculpt isn't quite up to par (consensus on likeness is elusive). But this still looks like a nice package, and at least a descent to very good sculpt in my book, and Snape IS the character of the series outside of Mr. Potter himself. Add to all that, the place in all of our hearts held by Alan Rickman and his body of work. If Star Ace can't sell THIS, what are they going to be able to sell? What is the future of this license in their hands??

I don't think it's a bad sculpt. I can't point exactly why it doesn't appeal to me.

I used to be a lot more "technical" on my collection, until I noticed that only some of many figures really made me glad. Since then, I've been in a process of selling many and buying only those that resonate with me.

That said, I really don't know why, every time I decide to pull the trigger and buy both this Snape and Sirius, I end up not doing it (they are in a grey area for me, not interest enough to buy, but not lack of interest enough to drop it.

Still waiting to see which way it will go for me, lately, it's tilting toward dropping.

I get it. At first I was wondering why no one seemed too interested, NOW I'm thinking IF not too many people are interested (in this piece almost above all others), what does that say about Star Ace's viability with this license (which HAD to cost them a pretty penny)?

I mean, I know this forum doesn't represent the entire market for any given collectible, but for high-end figures in particular, if there's not much energy among THIS group, I don't think that portends well for the entire potential market....but maybe some will disagree.

I can only speak for myself, but the sculpt has to resonate with me - the essence of the character, at the very least. This one doesn't do anything for me at all, can't see Rickman or Snape in it. Fortunately for Star Ace, I'm sure there are plenty of people who disagree.

Hopefully, the line will pick up, especially after seeing the new Harry and Draco sculpts which look stunning IMO.

Here's my Snape. Just arrived, just opened the box!

AcYLiB.jpg

bDrH05.jpg

Last edited:
One more from my unboxing quick snaps...

By the way, the only way you can tell that the inner suit is slightly tinted dark purple/blue is to hold something truly black next to it (the outer robe, for instance). The color is EXTREMELY subtle, which I believe is perfectly screen accurate.

Jd6X80.jpg

^ Thanks for the pics!! :) I think the figure captures the character perfectly (IMO) - really looking forward to getting mine now! :yess:

Back