Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked Snape up during a sale at a local retailer. I'm really impressed with it; the sculpt looks great in hand and the tailoring is fantastic. A couple of quick phone pics.

Snape1.jpg

Snape3.jpg

I don't think Star Ace's official promo pics do it any favours, and it looks so much better in hand. I think it's an excellent likeness, but it really doesn't come across that way from the promo pics.

Love it! Never understood the knock on the sculpt...

Because it's subjective. Different people have different opinions, especially when it comes to the uncanny valley. For me, not comparing to the pictures on the box, it looked good. As soon as it's compared to real pictures or the Medi sculpt, it doesn't stand up.

I don't think Star Ace's official promo pics do it any favours, and it looks so much better in hand. I think it's an excellent likeness, but it really doesn't come across that way from the promo pics.

Great pictures :clap

Nice pics but the sculpt still isn't doing it for me. :( It's not terrible but there are enough small things that are slightly off that sort of ruin the effect for me.

Another problem I have is with how unpadded the figure is. By Half Blood Prince, Snape was a bit rounder.

article-2128623-05C04189000005DC-666_468x465.jpg

(I know this is a Order of the Phoenix promo picture but nothing changed much between the two films)

That's more fixable though.

Definitely should have padded him out more. At least it doesn't look as bad as Moody. That guy looks way too thin.

I'm hoping they come up with an excuse to release a second Snape so they can take another crack at the head sculpt.

Sharing some Snape love...............this guy arrived this week and I guess I'm in the minority again, but I think he's a great figure. I'm really pleased with the likeness.

I think he is an excellent looking figure too!! :rock Love the pics btw! :)

Quick question for those of you that have this...is the headsculpt really as bad as the pictures/comments suggest? I see a lot of people complaining about it, and it looks a little off for me, but there's a lot of comments that the pictures don't do it justice.

Snape is my favorite Harry Potter character, and with Sideshow having so few left in stock, is it worth picking him up, or should I wait and hope they put a new one out someday? I don't have a big Harry Potter collection, just Dumbledore as I do mostly Star Wars and Marvel, but if Snape is actually worth the money I wouldn't mind picking on up.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Quick question for those of you that have this...is the headsculpt really as bad as the pictures/comments suggest? I see a lot of people complaining about it, and it looks a little off for me, but there's a lot of comments that the pictures don't do it justice.

Snape is my favorite Harry Potter character, and with Sideshow having so few left in stock, is it worth picking him up, or should I wait and hope they put a new one out someday? I don't have a big Harry Potter collection, just Dumbledore as I do mostly Star Wars and Marvel, but if Snape is actually worth the money I wouldn't mind picking on up.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

That's a very tough question as it's always subjective. As you've read here - some love the sculpt, others don't.

I picked this up new from eBay for almost half of retail. So, for me, it was worth the money then. As I mentioned further back, I personally prefer my Medicom Snape head sculpt, but I haven't swapped it out it yet. I think the SA one is "meh" and "OK". It's fine as a standalone and as long as you don't directly compare it to the box picture of Snape or the Medicom one. However, it's not awful. Like I said - on its own, it's clearly apparent who it is. No mistake at all. I just found it very underwhelming.

IMO, what this makes up for in lack of HS is the nice body, clothes and accessories. Oh, and the box is great - not that most people display it.

Jin's photos a few posts back show the sculpt in its best light - they're very good.

It's still a good figure. I say go for it.

You never know when you'll get the opportunity to upgrade the head. But if someone does a custom replacement head or you find the Medicom one on eBay and you don't have a base figure...whatcha gonna do? You don't want the Medicom body or their clothing that transfers dye.

Back