Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? making an argument by displaying a mass product, instead of real source material.. Well, let's compare then. Funko has purple. Gentle Giant bust, Medicom Snape, Neca Snape figure, all have black. So far black wins.

The only way to solve this is through a fight to the death.

CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS! :stake

#TeamBlack

^ Hahahahaha.. now we're talkin!

Anyway, it's just funny comparing it with Funko. Funko Snape doesn't even have mouth. The eyes has no white. And now using it as a color reference.. I don't think that's a good idea.

I think it's more of a joke than anything. Funko doesn't care about accuracy, as long as they can get the product made ASAP and sold for money. Man I hate those things...

^That's exactly why I think it's hillarious.

Anyway, yeah. True dat about Funko. And probably they colored Snape's with purple so it won't be too simple with that simple shape and all flat black.

It's always looked purple to me. Furthermore, in both the picture that Anxious posted and the picture of Alan Rickman in costume that I posted, the shirt is clearly purple. You guys can rationalize it however you want (lighting, cloth material, whatever), but the fact of the matter is that when the entire costume is shown under one strong light source, the shirt and the robe look different.

The majority can be and is often wrong. ;)

It's always looked purple to me. Furthermore, in both the picture that Anxious posted and the picture of Alan Rickman in costume that I posted, the shirt is clearly purple. You guys can rationalize it however you want (lighting, cloth material, whatever), but the fact of the matter is that when the entire costume is shown under one strong light source, the shirt and the robe look different.

The majority can be and is often wrong. ;)

I love the way you're still arguing, even with people like me who have been to the tour lots of times. I admire your single-mindedness :lol

Let's resolve this once and for all with you.

A. What number is this?

Colorblind+test_37cbc8_4985344.jpg

B. What colour is this dress?

150226215539-black-blue-dress-super-169.jpg

:)

#TeamBlack

That dress photo was notorious for being taken with a terrible camera under weak, non-direct lighting.

Are you telling me that Alan Rickman's publicity photo was taken under sub-optimal conditions? It sure as heck looks better than yours, where the costume was in a dark room with a small spotlight on it.

Snape-6.jpg

The publicity photos and shots of the costumes on display show the robe being black and the inner costume as a dark blue or purple. But screenshots show the inner costume as pretty black. Films are always color corrected after being shot, so do you want what the actual costume appears in real life, or as it appears in the film as the filmmakers intended?

I really wrestled between getting the Star Ace Snape versus the Medicom Snape... but in the end, I liked the Medicom head-sculpt better, so jumped on one when I saw a good price on ebay. I guess that make me part of "Team Black" by default? :)

snape.jpg

The publicity photos and shots of the costumes on display show the robe being black and the inner costume as a dark blue or purple. But screenshots show the inner costume as pretty black. Films are always color corrected after being shot, so do you want what the actual costume appears in real life, or as it appears in the film as the filmmakers intended?

No one is arguing with the fact that it appears purple in publicity shots that jscoggins keeps posting. Me, personally, will always want screen-accurate or what the costumes are in the real world. Real world costume is black. So, 100% #TeamBlack for me. Although, despite the arguments, I wouldn't be put off if Star Ace had it slightly purple or blue. Just not to the level of the publicity shots or their original vibrant purple.

What I was trying (and failing - and now given up) to point out to jscoggins is that Snape's costumes at the tour are both black.

I don't care what colour the outfit is in real life, if the movie has been colour corrected then that is the colour it must be.

It's like having an Agent Smith figure with a solid black suit. Who cares if the suit was black in real life? Green tinged suits or bust. :lecture

It's still purple in the movies. It may "look" black because so many sequences are underlit (particularly when Snape is onscreen), but it's still purple.

Here are screenshots from Movies 1, 2, and 4 where there is either sunlight or sufficient lighting to differentiate dark colors. His hair and the robe are obviously black. The shirt is obviously not black. The black bars on top and bottom serve as another reference point for black.

HP1.jpg

HP2.jpg

HP4.jpg

yeah i'm really not getting this debate, its purple underneath on film too. i really don't know how people aren't seeing this.

yeah i'm really not getting this debate, its purple underneath on film too. i really don't know how people aren't seeing this.

They are seeing it. We all are. jscoggins accused me of not reading their posts, when they have ignored all of mine from the start and made it into a big deal/taken it personally. Even joking in this thread has been used as a weapon.

I have said all along that some filters/cameras/lights make it look purple. The real one, in the flesh, seen with my own two eyes, is black.

Here's what I've said:

Like we've discussed - the purple is an optical illusion under certain lights. The robe and jacket/shirt are different materials, hence the colour illusion.

All Snape's outfits were completely black - it's the cameras/filters combined with types of material that give the illusion of purple

No one is arguing with the fact that it appears purple in publicity shots that jscoggins keeps posting. Me, personally, will always want screen-accurate or what the costumes are in the real world. Real world costume is black. So, 100% #TeamBlack for me.

And to add to its just the light playing tricks heres two pics from the same photo shoot that you keep posting. Look at that.

24868514142_29782853c4_c.jpg

24690996060_5069581918_c.jpg

Also, lights on sets are usually (want to say always, as I've never not seen one with one) blocked with a blue or orange/tungsten gel for color temp, which could be add to the deception.

Back