SSR Clown The Animated Series (1/6 Joker from BTAS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJG1

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
SSR SSC004 1/6 Scale THE ANIMATED STYLES CLOWN

Features:
A laughing head sculpture
A clown wearing a hat and laughing
Seven Glove Shapers
-A pair of weapon holding hands
-A pair of relaxed sculptors
-A pistol finger shaped hand
A poker hand
A bomber hand
Costume modeling
A light purple coat
A corsage
A yellow shirt
A ribbon
A pair of light purple trousers
A pair of modeling leather shoes
Weapon accessories
A revolver
BOOM flag equipped with a revolver
A machine gun
A machine gun firing special effect
A clown fish
A shape bomb
A clown poker

Available in Q2 2023

1671475601166.png

1671475647654.png

1671475704880.png

1671475748282.png

1671475790003.png

1671475891530.png

1671475934091.png

1671475966604.png

1671476033899.png

Last edited:
Great if you like it but doesn't work for me. He's a cartoon character, and while Mondo's take on the series can take time to get used to, they do "pop" like an art cell come to life with that shading and sharp edges and this (to me) feels like a thug in Pattinsons Batman wearing a clown mask. Trying to have cartoon characters wear real clothing with creases and stuff always bugged me for some reason, maybe because as a kid I was terrified of life size mascots of Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny because I know that's not them but someone wearing a costume. I was a weird kid!

Great if you like it but doesn't work for me. He's a cartoon character, and while Mondo's take on the series can take time to get used to, they do "pop" like an art cell come to life with that shading and sharp edges and this (to me) feels like a thug in Pattinsons Batman wearing a clown mask. Trying to have cartoon characters wear real clothing with creases and stuff always bugged me for some reason, maybe because as a kid I was terrified of life size mascots of Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny because I know that's not them and someone's wearing a costume.
I totally get what you're saying and I actually agree. I have the Mondo version and I love it. But like I mentioned though, I'm a sucker for anything DC... well almost anything atleast. I'm curious to see how this turns out and looks in hand.

Pleasently surprised at the price so I'll be getting this. Still prefer the portraits on the Mondo figure. Would they fit on this figure?

The figure looks pretty decent. Not up on KGHobby yet, though.
I don’t believe they offer SSR stuff but could be wrong. Kit is the best bet for this sort of thing though.

I may have to pass on Joker but I’m also talking myself into it on the condition that SSR offered the entire BTAS cast. How likely is that though?
I want a comic style Batman Rogues Gallery display but only have space for one iteration of each villain and I prefer the SSC v1 Joker’s Killing Joke aesthetic so would want the rest of the collection to match stylistically…decisions, decisions.

Easy purchase and I may be in the minority here but I prefer this style to Mondo's.
Hope they go crazy with this line - I would probably buy most of the villains from this show, it was in my opinion the very best iteration of Batman ever put to screen.

Was Joker's head that small?
Looking at the pictures, and I may be wrong here, but it seems to me that the head is the right size but the jacket hasn't been pulled onto the shoulder of the figure properly making the body seem broader than it really is and thus making the head look out of proportion.
Whoever dressed the figure needs to put some effort in, the huge wrinkle in the yellow shirt almost makes it look like the shirt is in two pieces.

I think its just a dressing issue rather than a scale issue in the head sculpt.

Back