SSE Mummy Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOE said:
or a PF Ironman.

So, can any of the owners of the Mummy either exclusive or not chime in.
The previous posters are all correct. There is no cloth on the Mummy PF (color or SSE). I also read that the original intent was to use cloth bandages, but they had problems making them look right in production tests, so the idea was scrapped. And you know what? That's fine with me. The fully-sculpted look of the piece works perfectly.

Now, as far as a PF Iron Man goes, since the comiquette is already 1/4 scale, I'm not sure what more one could want in a PF version. There's no cloth to be found in his costume.

The Monster said:
TOE did you get the pics I sent you in the email?

sure did :chew awesome .gif :mummy thanks

and thanks Lonnie and Robodad for the info. :mummy

lcummins said:
Number 50 has arrived! I won't have a chance to open and inspect him until tomorrow; can't wait!

Does that mean you were actually the last person to get one or did you just randomly happen to get #50? Either way, its cool. Glad you and all the other SSE'ers are getting your Mummies.

Anton Phibes said:
Does that mean you were actually the last person to get one or did you just randomly happen to get #50? Either way, its cool. Glad you and all the other SSE'ers are getting your Mummies.
My guess is that they were all shipped out the same day. I got mine today as well - #25. Pics will follow shortly.

lcummins said:
Number 50 has arrived! I won't have a chance to open and inspect him until tomorrow; can't wait!
Nice. Don't you also have Ardeth SSE bust #15.

Anton Phibes said:

Anton Phibes I will have # 33. Do you like my new look?

Anton Phibes said:

I don't think it means I was last. Sideshow has stated that numbers are shipped at random. My Mummy shipped last Friday along with most everyone else's in the US, so it was just luck of the draw I guess! :D

Regarding the "mixed media" question, here's a call-out from the product description:
Cast in a variety of materials including high quality polystone, dense foam, PU, and metal... strong magnets...
So, technically, mixed media.

Personally, I'm curious as to what, exactly, "PU" is; Plutonium? Polyurethane? University of Punjab? An acronym for something stinky?

tol.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Regarding the "mixed media" question, here's a call-out from the product description:

So, technically, mixed media.

Personally, I'm curious as to what, exactly, "PU" is; Plutonium? Polyurethane? University of Punjab? An acronym for something stinky?

I never had a problem with it being a mixed media PF that looked like it was all polystone, but it sure would have been nice if they could have gotten the "real" cloth bandages to work!!!

As for PU, I've got to go with polyurethane, but we could always refer the question to Pepé Le Pew for clarification... :rotfl

The Monster said:
Anton Phibes I will have # 33. Do you like my new look?

I wasn't going to comment on it, but since you asked....:lol

Not a single pixel of color to be seen. If ever there was a case where Sideshow needed to make certain that one individual on Earth was a recipient of all future SSE variants, you are this case. Do you have any pets? I bet they are black and white, aren't they?:rotfl

Seriously though, I am very happy for you. The entire time this "lottery" thing was going on, you were the only person I knew for sure was going to storm the gates of SSC with torch and pitchfork in hand if you missed it. KONGratulations to all!!!

Anton Phibes said:
Seriously though, I am very happy for you. The entire time this "lottery" thing was going on, you were the only person I knew for sure was going to storm the gates of SSC with torch and pitchfork in hand if you missed it.

oh there wouldve been at least 2! :mummy

lcummins said:
I never had a problem with it being a mixed media PF that looked like it was all polystone, but it sure would have been nice if they could have gotten the "real" cloth bandages to work!!!

As for PU, I've got to go with polyurethane, but we could always refer the question to Pepé Le Pew for clarification... :rotfl

Janus Model company did a smaller kit version similar to what our Mummy PF looks like years ago. It has some sculpted "loose" bandages. A friend of mine, who has one also (Color mind you) , is going to paint and weather strips of old cloth and strategically place on the piece using photos as reference. He isn't going to glue them onto the piece, just drape them in certain areas. Once he does this, I will take pics.

Back