SSE Mummy Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know--I was just kidding!! I know that you are really looking forward to getting your SSE Mummy, and I hope you enjoy it. It's a very impressive piece.

Not to start a heated debate, but why haven't I seen any of the 50 on eBay yet? Did the lottery have anything to do with it, or is it just too soon to tell?

tomandshell said:
A fool and his mummy are soon parted.
hopefully the karma Gods are watching for when its time to deal out your grail.

I have to say thanks to my good buddy TOE for getting a hold of one of these for me. Words can not say what having this peice for my collection will mean to me. To have such a great friend like you is truly an honor. If there is ever a peice of Sideshow I can help you get, Just let me know.
I will do my best to get it for you. Like you have done for me with The Mummy SSE PF.

TOE, Please check your PM's and email.

Thank You to the rest of my fellow Sideshowfreaks as well.

Thanks Again TOE!

The Monster,
Nick

Darth Roranous said:
Not to start a heated debate, but why haven't I seen any of the 50 on eBay yet? Did the lottery have anything to do with it, or is it just too soon to tell?

I think that the lottery generated more sympathy than usual for those who missed out. I know for myself that seeing pictures of Occulum's collection of SSE PFs on display really made me root for him to get one. And mine would have gone to Lonnie for sure if he had missed out. There is a friendly sense of competition between collectors, but in this case Sideshow gave us a situation that was truly unfair for completists, and I think that in general we responded admirably by helping out those who collect the line but weren't lucky enough to get their name chosen. Normally we could just say, "You snooze you lose--see you on eBay!!!" But the lottery meant that no matter how closely you stuck to your computer, no matter how many times you hit F5 waiting for the newsletter, no matter what you did, there was no guarantee. I think that a terrible experiment brought out the best in some of us.

Of course, if mine ever ends up on eBay I will take a little drive and collect my share of the proceeds!!!

:D

tomandshell said:
Of course, if mine ever ends up on eBay I will take a little drive and collect my share of the proceeds!!!

:D
TRUE...DOUBLE TRUE! Is that part of the deal... just curious. Either way, you did a cool thing.

Congrats to all of you, esp. Monster and Occulum, who were able to get this piece and put it alongside all of the rest of their collection(s). I have watched all of the drama unfold and was rooting for those of you who really wanted to get one. All of you who helped these guys get the pieces they wanted should take a bow. That's just great teamwork all around. Not to mention being very considerate. Kudos and congratulations where due.:chew :chew :chew :chew

tomandshell said:
...And mine would have gone to Lonnie for sure if he had missed out. There is a friendly sense of competition between collectors, but in this case Sideshow gave us a situation that was truly unfair for completest, and I think that in general we responded admirably by helping out those who collect the line but weren't lucky enough to get their name chosen...

Thanks Tom! I had no idea how many people were willing to help me or the others who are completists in this line! I am humbled by the friendship this board has extended toward other members. It is good to see that almost everyone who wanted it, has managed to get one without resorting to eBay. And I agree with you that we haven't seen any on eBay (yet) for just that reason.

Tom,

Your collector karma points have gone up so don't sweat a low number on an item you don't really want to keep (regardless of it's quality). I love to help out whenever possible. Some items I buy with the intention to trade or flip in order to finance the onslaught of Marvel stuff shipping lately. It's all part of collecting. I help out more (WDCC) Disney collectors with park exclusives here in Florida since those sculpts do not appreciate that much in value. I know people that buy WDCC do it purely for the love of the item and will most likely NEVER sell it since they don't do well on ebay.

In the case of this rare SSE Mummy I felt I had to offer it here at cost. I sort of felt obligated to give this one away as another collector that enjoys the line that didn't really had a fair shot with this flawed lottery system had missed out. I have no interest in the SSE Monsters line even though they are great quality pieces.

I also felt obligated to give this away as another collector hooked me up with a Gray Hulk PF at cost. That's an item that I was sad to have missed out on. Your time will come Tom. This act of kindness will be returned to you for sure by someone around here. If not with the Fett #42 then with something else. :cool:

TOE said:
Occulum, hope you don't feel like I was choosing favorites. It really was a tough choice. :mummy :mummy

I was occulum's secret Santa, he's being taken care of - #34 being sent out tomorrow.

Man the box on this boy is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! :horror

that blows away the color version,i wish i could of got one.i love the monster SSE line.

Back