SSE Dracula VS Renfield Picture Thread !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have trouble getting the two pegs to line up with the base? Mine was real tough to get both pegs in and the feet wont go all the way to the base. I'm not complaining, though. I'm just happy to have one. Besides, you can't really tell when looking at it.

I always get afraid when it is difficult to put the pegs into bases. It scares the hell out of me that I'll break it.

Mine fit right in. Start at the bottom and barely put Renfield's peg about a 1/4 way in. The start Drac's up top and it should just slide right into place.

no problems with mine either ... on this piece .. I have had trouble on other pieces in that past though ... :monkey1

AWESOME pix from Occ and Bonedaddy, thanks for sharing and the great lens work. Bone, how can you tell what camera Occ is using?

Thanks!

The pictures have embedded info called EXIF data. Tells you all kinds of info including focal length, shutter speed and aperture used, camera model etc.

Thanks!

The pictures have embedded info called EXIF data. Tells you all kinds of info including focal length, shutter speed and aperture used, camera model etc.

Ive also seen that cameras will start having GPS chips in them and location picture was taken will also start being embedded info as well ..

Mine fit right in. Start at the bottom and barely put Renfield's peg about a 1/4 way in. The start Drac's up top and it should just slide right into place.

That's how I put it in too. It won't slide right into place on this one. Also, Renfield's pegless heel looks like it is almost about to rub on the other stair, so it is a very close fit. The pegs stick up a little like this:

P1161205.jpg

I have gotten them down a bit more since then, and it still looks pretty natural, but there are still metal showing if you look at it from a perfectly level angle.

That's how I put it in too. It won't slide right into place on this one. Also, Renfield's pegless heel looks like it is almost about to rub on the other stair, so it is a very close fit. The pegs stick up a little like this:

P1161205.jpg

I have gotten them down a bit more since then, and it still looks pretty natural, but there are still metal showing if you look at it from a perfectly level angle.

Mine has a little bit of paint on Dracula's peg and I scrapped some of and he fits better not all the way down yet but better.

Mine has a little bit of paint on Dracula's peg and I scrapped some of and he fits better not all the way down yet but better.

I noticed that when I tried to push it, a little bit of paint scraped off the very edge of the bottom of Renfield's heel. I'd rather there be a little bit of peg than for me to force it and damage any part of it.

Too bad they don't check to make sure the feet go all the way down to the base before putting their QC Passed sticker on it...

I would think you could just dremel a tad off the peg and it would fit perfect. It looks to me the peg was just made a little to long.

I would think you could just dremel a tad off the peg and it would fit perfect. It looks to me the peg was just made a little to long.

The base is hollow and you could see right into it from looking through the holes. The issue is more like the holes are not matched up with the pegs so the pegs have to kind of "stretch" to make it in, so it is harder for them to do that the closer you get to the feet, which wont move at all.

I have the color version and mine has the same problem .also I am very diapointed in the quality of this piece look at the collar on Drac its like an 8th of an inch thick ,I can see seam lines that werent addressed missed paint areas sloppy paint areas not the kind of quality one would exspect from the top collectable company in the world.

The base is hollow and you could see right into it from looking through the holes. The issue is more like the holes are not matched up with the pegs so the pegs have to kind of "stretch" to make it in, so it is harder for them to do that the closer you get to the feet, which wont move at all.

Maybe a little cooking oil on the peg will help? Its worked for a friend of mine who ahs troubles like this before. Worth a try.

Thanks!

I know about EXIF, I just don't get how you got the data from the pix in the thread. In Flickr there's a link you can click on, in Lightroom the data is displayed alongside the picture, but I didn't see any way to get it here.

I know about EXIF, I just don't get how you got the data from the pix in the thread. In Flickr there's a link you can click on, in Lightroom the data is displayed alongside the picture, but I didn't see any way to get it here.

I saved the picture to my hard drive and did a get info on the file (I have a mac). There is a more info section which gives the exif data.

I saved the picture to my hard drive and did a get info on the file (I have a mac). There is a more info section which gives the exif data.

Ahhh, now I get it. That trick doesn't seem to work with Vista, but I'm pretty sure I am doing something wrong, I can't even get Lightroom to recognize the picture after I do a 'save picture as...'

Getting back on topic, the dio pictures all look very cool.

Mine actually had no QC sticker this time!

:mad:

But it's fine.

Neither did mine. And it looked like it had been opened previously, because you could see the tape had been pulled off and reapplied, which caused discoloration of the styrofoam.

Neither did mine. And it looked like it had been opened previously, because you could see the tape had been pulled off and reapplied, which caused discoloration of the styrofoam.

mine was the same way but everything looks fine.

...And it looked like it had been opened previously, because you could see the tape had been pulled off and reapplied, which caused discoloration of the styrofoam.

mine was the same way but everything looks fine.

Mine had been opened and retaped as well! Maybe Sideshow did an extra QC after the color ones had some issues?

Back