Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barb,
:wave

Been busy with the wifes breast cancer last year.

Now I am currently building two Anigrand Star Destroyers (commissions).
Work in progress can be seen here...
https://www.therpf.com/f11/anigrand-star-destroyer-build-one-fusenova-one-glen3631-112585/

and here...
https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=11531

I also read a lot in the many forums online. I only seem to post here on SSC when I order or get something that I really like.

I really like the Thor PF :clap
Damn. Sorry to hear that news. I hope everything is going alright with her. I am sending positive energy as I type this post.

I'd feel like a complete bastard now if I told you how incredibly righteous your star destroyers are and how I've never seen anything like them since the movies, so I'll keep my mouth closed about that. Take good care, brother.

Glad you dig Thor. I've been posting on this forum way more than SF since I got banned from there a few months back for being a bad boy. :monkey3

Barb,
No worries, she is doing fantastic. Almost as if it did not even happen. I will still say thanks for the positive energy!

Thanks for the compliment. These are the 2nd and third that I am building. The first one is done and in the hands of the collector. The first build has a few flaws that I hope to fix on the two current builds.

Also, thanks for the best of luck!

Last edited:
If you honestly think that by the time they show a piece there isn't a price already set by Sideshow then you are fooling yourself. People could have said they'd pay $1000 easily for Destroyer and the price would already be set at what it is, they could have said I will only pay $200 and the price would already be set at what it is.

Sideshow isn't monitoring these boards and rubbing their hands together trying to figure out how much to milk us for. I would argue that in recent times they probably aren't paying too much attention to these boards at all outside of their event periods and that the few employees who are here regularly would be here regardless of who they worked for.

Really? Well if SS is not monitoring a site named after their company(?), then that is just a bad business practice, & someone is not doing their job. I mean any company is looking for ways to maximize their profits, & it seems to me to be a logical assumption that they would plug into their client base to access interest & demand. Take Hulk Pf , priced at $325.00, which is a relatively 'simple' design, massive & heavy, & of a similar size to Destroyer. Have production costs inflated by 54%, in a matter of a few yrs, to justify the $500.00 price tag for Destroyer? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would still prefer collectors keeping their purchasing price points to themselves, until SS official release. Besides, any speculation prior to that, is pointless at best, & a potential price jack at it's worst.:thud:

When Sideshow teams up with another company, as they did with Legacy Effects on the Destroyer maquette, I would expect a somewhat higher price point.

And I think Sideshow pays some attention to this site, but they can't let it influence their business decisions too much. Fans can start threads every other day demanding Lord of the Rings 12" figures, but when it comes time to actually charge the credit cards, people don't always put their money where their mouths are. The most important way of assessing interest and demand is by looking at completed orders, not by seeing what anonymous people say on message boards.

When Sideshow teams up with another company, as they did with Legacy Effects on the Destroyer maquette, I would expect a somewhat higher price point.

And I think Sideshow pays some attention to this site, but they can't let it influence their business decisions too much. Fans can start threads every other day demanding Lord of the Rings 12" figures, but when it comes time to actually charge the credit cards, people don't always put their money where their mouths are. The most important way of assessing interest and demand is by looking at completed orders, not by seeing what anonymous people say on message boards.

:goodpost: Well said.

Barb,
No worries, she is doing fantastic. Almost as if it did not even happen. I will still say thanks for the positive energy!

Thanks for the compliment. These are the 2nd and third that I am building. The first one is done and in the hands of the collector. The first build has a few flaws that I hope to fix on the two current builds.
Finished thread...
https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=10587

Also, thanks for the best of luck!
Man, that is great news. I'm very happy for you guys. And you're very welcome. :)

Yeah, that's about the most amazing thing I've ever seen! What are the dimensions of that beast? :rock

Exactly. This was completely expected, especially by anyone that got the IM and WM maquettes also made by Legacy.
:goodpost: Well said.
Totally agree. Say what you want anywhere, but until you back it up, your words are as valuable as a wad of phlegm. To some folks that might be a lot, but to most, it ain't worth squat. <---rhyme :)

Man, that is great news. I'm very happy for you guys. And you're very welcome. :)

Yeah, that's about the most amazing thing I've ever seen! What are the dimensions of that beast? :rock

28 inches long and 18 inches wide!

both look great, not sure if i'm going to order either though.

the ES TBD with a NRD is lame though.:lecture what are they waiting for the release of the movie in north america to see if they'll presell a shat load more during the weekend:dunno

both look great, not sure if i'm going to order either though.

the ES TBD with a NRD is lame though.:lecture what are they waiting for the release of the movie in north america to see if they'll presell a shat load more during the weekend:dunno
Dunno. I agree it's pretty lame. NRD should always = a declared ES.

Really? Well if SS is not monitoring a site named after their company(?), then that is just a bad business practice, & someone is not doing their job. I mean any company is looking for ways to maximize their profits, & it seems to me to be a logical assumption that they would plug into their client base to access interest & demand. Take Hulk Pf , priced at $325.00, which is a relatively 'simple' design, massive & heavy, & of a similar size to Destroyer. Have production costs inflated by 54%, in a matter of a few yrs, to justify the $500.00 price tag for Destroyer? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would still prefer collectors keeping their purchasing price points to themselves, until SS official release. Besides, any speculation prior to that, is pointless at best, & a potential price jack at it's worst.:thud:

I hope you're not referring Sideshow Collectibles run this forum site. I learned way back that this forum is independtly run and is not affiliated with Sideshow Collectibles, Inc. This forum covers many other manufactures, including Sideshow Collectibles.

I am sure SS have marketer who check demographics to introduce a products appropiately.

As for Hulk PF, its deceptively simple because it is based on a classic style. But trust me, the details, like the skin texture, etc., are anything but simple.

Destroyer looks good but I can get two fine ho's for that.
*flex the pimp hand*

I understand the price...its a big mo fo.

Back