Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, you are going through quite a lot of trouble to justify what essentially is you not ponying up to get the piece. Please show me one instance of a collectible of this type--a Marvel license, with the production qualities we have come to expect from SS and Legacy and, crucially, of this size [a whopping 26"]--that costs the $275 RRP you suggested.

Just one instance :monkey3

The destroyer armor has always had a simple design. That's how it is. And we (well I and the apparently only one other person on this planet that LOVE Destroyer) do not fault Sideshow in the slightest for delivering a classic. This is not the "Thor Movie Destroyer". This is Destroyer. Period.

It will go with any Thor statue; on any world; from any universe. Moreover, at 26" I'm seriously struggling to think of any other marvel character as tall as this piece.

I'm not saying you don't have a right not to like the piece; you do. Or that you have to agree with me and not order it; you don't have to :exactly:

What I am saying (is there even still a point at this stage in my rant? :dunno) is that the $500 price point isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be; nor is Destroyer less value for money than is the Thor movie PF

You used a lot of words to say "this piece is 1 of SSC's tallest, so that justifies it's $500 price tag"

I can envision the Destroyer being as popular as the Thor. That's an awesome looking statue. Thor is a'aight, but seems to be lacking energy or something. I like the pose of the comic Thor much better.

Comic Thor all the way!
OZZY!!!
welcome_16.gif

TO THE FREAKS, BROTHER!!! :rock

Wow Bear,you make it sound so cheap. :lol

Bear's math is off... 3 dollars x 7 days = 21.00 dollars... so it's more than 3 dollars a day.

Bear sucks. :nana:

My Thor dio. Grrr...

WOW Bear is off a whole .22 cents, DAMN U BEAR!!:panic::cuckoo:

I'm sure he rounded down.

Here's the right math....

It is 17 weeks divided by 450 bucks (cause you already paid $50 for the NRD) comes down to $26.47 which divided by 7 days (which is how many days you have in a week) comes down to 3 dollars and 78 cents......or 2.60 in euros if you live in Europe....:lecture

A Grande Starbucks Mocha without Whip cream........ $4.10.... :panic:

Big Mac meal at Mcdonalds......$4.35 :horror

A Gallon of gas in Chicago IL..........$4.50 :gah:

A 26 inch 20 lbs Destroyer Maquette by Legacy Effects with light up feature...........priceless.......:yess:

...or $3.78 a day......

Worth it???? You tell me......:wink1:

Cheers

Bear

Here's the right math....

It is 17 weeks divided by 450 bucks (cause you already paid $50 for the NRD) comes down to $26.47 which divided by 7 days (which is how many days you have in a week) comes down to 3 dollars and 78 cents......or 2.60 in euros if you live in Europe....:lecture

A Grande Starbucks Mocha without Whip cream........ $4.10.... :panic:

That's why I don't drink a mug of Starbucks coffee daily for 119 days in a row. :wink1:

Is it worth $500? only you can answer that for yourself! for me it's worth $500 and that's why i ordered it. :yess:

Is it worth $500? only you can answer that for yourself! for me it's worth $500 and that's why i ordered it. :yess:

Besides ordering because I really like it, I'm thinking.."Legacy.....biggest Destroyer out there.....light up.......it will worth more in the future...."

War Machine is $550....Iron Man Mark VI Maquette is $499......Alien Warrior Maquette is $799.....

Destroyer at $499? Not as much.....If you start to put money away now you will have 32 weeks until the December 20th, which comes down to $14.06 a week or $2 a day.....

Now don't tell me you can't afford that.........It's all about planning....

Cheers

Bear :wave

As soon as i saw the pictures and the name Legacy, i knew it wouldn't be under $400 so people can't be surprised surely?

Thanks guys/gals I've been on here a while as a guest and finally decided to join.

Back