Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Sideshow teams up with another company, as they did with Legacy Effects on the Destroyer maquette, I would expect a somewhat higher price point.

And I think Sideshow pays some attention to this site, but they can't let it influence their business decisions too much. Fans can start threads every other day demanding Lord of the Rings 12" figures, but when it comes time to actually charge the credit cards, people don't always put their money where their mouths are. The most important way of assessing interest and demand is by looking at completed orders, not by seeing what anonymous people say on message boards.

Well, the Legacy Effects angle does make sense, & cents! But I get it, I think? Ah who am I kidding, I ordered this sucker regardless. I guess when we collectors scream & demand quality, we should expect to pay the piper accordingly. Nuf said.

Ordered both. I'm a little piss SSC did not put up a ES on Thor. I'm guessing it will be 500-550 when they finally post the ES.

Ordered both. I'm a little piss SSC did not put up a ES on Thor. I'm guessing it will be 500-550 when they finally post the ES.

Yeah that sucks, I hold off ordering anything til I see an ES. NRD + TBD ES is just wrong.

Yeah this is a bad business practice they are putting into practice i couldnt agree more, i think between the money they make with flexpay cancellations they figured they would come up with the NRD as well really two cash cows on the same item they make hand over fist, but if they are gonna charge for the right to order a collectible we should atleast get to know how limited it is.

Things take a long time to sell out anyways, no hurry putting the order in. : ) I'll think about ordering when I see an ES.

Barb,
:wave

Been busy with the wifes breast cancer last year.

Now I am currently building two Anigrand Star Destroyers (commissions).
Work in progress can be seen here...
https://www.therpf.com/f11/anigrand-star-destroyer-build-one-fusenova-one-glen3631-112585/

and here...
https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=11531

I also read a lot in the many forums online. I only seem to post here on SSC when I order or get something that I really like.

I really like the Thor PF :clap

Hey mate, really sorry to hear about your wife. It's really encouraging to hear she's better now. Your Star Destroyers are AMAZING! :exactly:

Ordered Destroyer.....

It is such a bad ass piece.....only $90 a month....$22.50 a week......$3 a day.....

Passed on Thor though......

It's a very well done if not perfect sculpt of a very simplistic Character design, which is not the same thing as a simplistic sculpt. Is it really neat looking? Absolutely. Many of the neatest looking, best looking designs are simple, like the 4 sided pyramid. It's simplicity does not take away from how neat it is to look at. However, just because a simple design or sculpt in this case is neat looking or is neater looking than a more complex design does not justify charging as much money for it as you would charge for a much more complex, ornate design. More complex designs require a lot more effort to make than simpler ones and therefore justify charging higher prices. More colors, more shading, more lines to get perfect, more texture to get perfect, like that on skin or fabric is a LOT more work to make, and make to look best. If you ever made a larger piece and a piece 1/3 it's size but with 6 times the complexity, you would know that the smaller more complex piece requires more artisan-ship. Since SS has been having trouble painting things properly in the last years or two, perhaps it is a good thing that this piece is so simple, so hopefully there will be fewer flaws, however at the same time, it should be cheaper. Less labor+ same cost = much greater profit for SS on this.

Mate, you are going through quite a lot of trouble to justify what essentially is you not ponying up to get the piece. Please show me one instance of a collectible of this type--a Marvel license, with the production qualities we have come to expect from SS and Legacy and, crucially, of this size [a whopping 26"]--that costs the $275 RRP you suggested.

Just one instance :monkey3

The destroyer armor has always had a simple design. That's how it is. And we (well I and the apparently only one other person on this planet that LOVE Destroyer) do not fault Sideshow in the slightest for delivering a classic. This is not the "Thor Movie Destroyer". This is Destroyer. Period.

It will go with any Thor statue; on any world; from any universe. Moreover, at 26" I'm seriously struggling to think of any other marvel character as tall as this piece.

I'm not saying you don't have a right not to like the piece; you do. Or that you have to agree with me and not order it; you don't have to :exactly:

What I am saying (is there even still a point at this stage in my rant? :dunno) is that the $500 price point isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be; nor is Destroyer less value for money than is the Thor movie PF

Yeah, I am too, I dont fee like commiting to an NRD when I dont know all the factors and its just a print. Whats up SS

That Destroyer Rocks :yess:

Bear's math is off... 3 dollars x 7 days = 21.00 dollars... so it's more than 3 dollars a day.

Bear sucks. :nana:

My Thor dio. Grrr...

Mate, you are going through quite a lot of trouble to justify what essentially is you not ponying up to get the piece. Please show me one instance of a collectible of this type--a Marvel license, with the production qualities we have come to expect from SS and Legacy and, crucially, of this size [a whopping 26"]--that costs the $275 RRP you suggested.

Just one instance :monkey3

The destroyer armor has always had a simple design. That's how it is. And we (well I and the apparently only one other person on this planet that LOVE Destroyer) do not fault Sideshow in the slightest for delivering a classic. This is not the "Thor Movie Destroyer". This is Destroyer. Period.

It will go with any Thor statue; on any world; from any universe. Moreover, at 26" I'm seriously struggling to think of any other marvel character as tall as this piece.

I'm not saying you don't have a right not to like the piece; you do. Or that you have to agree with me and not order it; you don't have to :exactly:

What I am saying (is there even still a point at this stage in my rant? :dunno) is that the $500 price point isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be; nor is Destroyer less value for money than is the Thor movie PF

maybe the juggy Maquette, and of course the original Thor PF with his hammer in the sky

Not that crazy about Thor, he looks a little lifeless. Destroyer actually looks good but not 500 bucks good. Passing on both. Looking forward to seeing comic con stuff.

Back