Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

It should have been sold out in 10 minutes!
Sideshow sold out.

I was away that week and when I got home it was already like a day and a half in into PO, I cursed up a storm thinking it was too late to put one in.. sure enough I was able to snag one!

:rotfl I know! Thats what I do :rotfl whats the big deal with people not ordering from SS?

:yess: :hi5: It usually works out about the same as me ordering a reg in the uk. Even with taxes etc.

Yup can't believe u international guys are able to commit to collecting. The shipping/tax/customs is just nuts.

It does suck, but its worth it :)

:rotfl I know! Thats what I do :rotfl whats the big deal with people not ordering from SS?

I'll order Direct if the ex is cool but if I order from retailers in Canada I can get free shipping and avoid duty. I order the new hulk in house and it will save me easily over a $100 because it was also selling for $20 less. I would never have ordered it diect.

Hey man, glad to see you survived another day in Australia. I think the guys from Europe get hit with big taxes that put them off ordering. Kinda like if we order more than $1000 worth we get slapped with 10% (I think) tax aswell.

That 1k rule is painful enough! :x

:yess: :hi5: It usually works out about the same as me ordering a reg in the uk. Even with taxes etc.

It does suck, but its worth it :)

I was doing that a few years ago but the markup here in Australia makes it more expensive than buying direct most of the time and SS does the Flexpay thing so its just way easier to buy direct, pay it off and get the EX.

I'll order Direct if the ex is cool but if I order from retailers in Canada I can get free shipping and avoid duty. I order the new hulk in house and it will save me easily over a $100 because it was also selling for $20 less. I would never have ordered it diect.

Yeah right. No savings to be made here in Oz, I got no idea what margin local retailers make on these high end collectibles, I imagine it isn't much :dunno They've gotta ship the things and pay what 300 bucks for the fig then they make maybe 100 bucks with the markup? What's the point given the way some of these things sit on the shelves waiting for someone who is interested to buy. I would LOVE to have my own collectables shop but I just don't see enough of a market here in Oz.

I was doing that a few years ago but the markup here in Australia makes it more expensive than buying direct most of the time and SS does the Flexpay thing so its just way easier to buy direct, pay it off and get the EX.

Yeah right. No savings to be made here in Oz, I got no idea what margin local retailers make on these high end collectibles, I imagine it isn't much :dunno They've gotta ship the things and pay what 300 bucks for the fig then they make maybe 100 bucks with the markup? What's the point given the way some of these things sit on the shelves waiting for someone who is interested to buy. I would LOVE to have my own collectables shop but I just don't see enough of a market here in Oz.

You should set up shop Bruce. You know you want to.

The key to setting up a comic shop/collectibles shop is being able to order enough inventory to get the maximum discount Diamond provides without having anything sit in the shop for too long.

It's difficult but location, meaning one without any shop like it around and in an area where you'll actually have customers, can make all the difference.

Yeah right. No savings to be made here in Oz, I got no idea what margin local retailers make on these high end collectibles, I imagine it isn't much :dunno They've gotta ship the things and pay what 300 bucks for the fig then they make maybe 100 bucks with the markup? What's the point given the way some of these things sit on the shelves waiting for someone who is interested to buy. I would LOVE to have my own collectables shop but I just don't see enough of a market here in Oz.[/QUOTE]

:exactly: Spot on dude. The rent for a shop in a good location is actually astronomical here. I was talking to a lady about the rent they pay for a shop in a popular shopping centre here. Her lease was up and was asked to pay $360000 a year. Don't forget after 3 years you have to refurbish the shop at your expense aswell, staff wages, electricity etc. It just wasn't worth it for her and they closed (as are a number of other businesses). I just don't see a market for high end collectibles here. People are not willing to spend their hard earned cash and rightfully so. Our governments are good at wasting our taxpayer dollars.

Just reaquainted myself with the pics of bats. Man that is awesome. I love the bulky look of him with that wicked utility belt. The batarang has seriously grown on me too :monkey4

You're about right there about mark up. I've secured a Legendary Wolverine from an Aussie vendor for $2229 shipped so not much of a mark up at all even with the strong Aussie dollar.

Back