Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I hope I get #1111

Spinal-Tap-11-1321038225.jpg

It goes to 11.

So....
Who's happy with the ES 2000 ?

hehe

ME!!!!!:lol

Aaaah Saturday morning. I'd love any number under 100. 23 would be nice. JORDAN......for the win...............swish :yess: I can dream can't I??:wink1:

Morning Arctic, Josh, how long until we get Bats? :impatient:

I'm really not suprised it's going to be one of the first releases for the DC PF line and it's a popular character so of course a lot of people will want this Batman PF.

If this PF goes smoothly and doesn't have any issues, 2000 EX will not hurt the value of statue at all. Now if this was a lesser known character or just bad sculpt or w/e it is then there would be a problem with it.

Off to go buy a Dinosauria T-Rex and begin my Batcave diorama!!

Next stop, giant penny!

not crazy about the edition size. But, give it time. Similar to the Vader PF , it'll dry up and be sought after.

Either way, I'm keeping mine.

The one thing that does kind of suck is not giving the ES when they go up for order. It wouldn't change my mind but it would be nice to know all the info before I plunk down my NRD.

:exactly: Agreed

:goodpost:

Does you guys still think there is a chance for the batman EX PF i i hopped on the waitlist tomorrow?

With this large of an edition size the chances are good. Good luck bro! : )

I generally couldn't care less about edition size, but does anyone know why Sideshow doesn't list it when it goes up for order? I can't think of another company that does that.

They like to see how many orders come in for a week or two then create an edition size based on the number of orders and waitlisters to extend the edition size to include most of them.

I think it may just be a period of adjustment for everyone. Long time customers were used to low ex quantities and SS are probably changing their model to more open editions and higher ex counts etc to meet market demand. I know batman is hugely popular but I think consumers are creatures of habit. Once this happens a number of times those that aren't into it will leave, others will adapt/accept and newcomers won't know the differance but they are all entitled to their opinion.

Yes SSC seems to be changing their tried and tested model from more limited collectibles to a more mass market but still expensive strategy. Their host of high edition size pieces recent open edition pieces like Stormtrooper, Galactus, RWOS and Hulk maquette seem to reflect that.

I always expected to piece to be high ES, it's Batman after all.

Can someone explain something to me??

Batman EX goes up for PO..
SELLS OUT.
Edition size announced of 2000!
So how many regulars will there be? 2500-3000?

Is SS pulling our leg when they mark it as SOLD OUT?
Do they just make an edition size up on the spot after seeing how many orders are in?
Have 2000 people really ordered the EX at that price?

I couldnt care less about edition sizes, but having something sell out before such a high edition size is announced with a very high price tag and an NRD, just seems really strange to me... :cuckoo:

I think this will be back in stock for a long time after its release and will end up on the reward points list before it sells out.

I just dont remember any PF having such a high ES for years now? (Could be wrong, but nothing i remember for certain.) :dunno

They do take into account waitlisters when they set the edition size from TBD so there will probably be a lot of conversions within a few weeks. So you're probably right, it didn't actually sell out at that point, just the fake sellout point.

They are gonna produce themselves right out of the collectibles market. Pre-order Catwoman PF at your local CVS pharmacy!

:lol With their recent string of open editions that won't be surprising. Hey at least Batman has an edition number!

Last edited:

Sadly, in my country, we don't have the luxury of being able to get the EX as much as you fine gentlemen Stateside. Congratulations to everyone on their EX.

Made a full advance payment on my PF from my local toystore the day of watching TDKR. Can't wait to be holding this in my hands.

For those complaining of high ES, lets just be thankful there is an ES at all. Seems to be blowing up in the Galactus and Hulk Maquette threads. Ordered Hulk anyway and can't be more pleased to be getting a Batman EX as well!

Back