Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Yep, that does sound crazy, sorry, The Reg. head sculpt is pretty dead on as far as a classic Batman Cowl and the SP head you can see a bit of Lee Bermejo, see below

Batman.Noel_.low_.jpg

I see nothing classic in it. It looks as alien as the 1:1 bust. I actually did think about Bermejo a little with the other portrait but it was only due to the harshness of the lines on the cowl.

Its $400 to make the droids double set look cheaper by comparison :D

I think the most important thing for a comics based PF is costume and attitude. Portrait likeness would change from artist to artist and sometimes panel to panel but the outfit and attitude are the two constants (for the most part at least for any given age/era.)

I'd say this Batman by SSC accomplishes that.

hi guise, do you know how much shipping will be to Saskachatoon? Also my buddy in Kreplakistan is thinking about getting one of these profile format Batmans, how much will a shipping be to his house on Ballbag street?

/noob

God forbid new fans seek guidance from the seasoned collectors.

I see nothing classic in it. It looks as alien as the 1:1 bust. I actually did think about Bermejo a little with the other portrait but it was only due to the harshness of the lines on the cowl.

That's your prerogative and your opinion. In the reg. head I see touches of Giordano and Aparo with a flourish of Bianchi and Wrightson, you don't, and that's fine.

That's the problem though. It is all subjective as to which artist(s) a collector might like as well as which artist(s) they know. By coming up with more of a "neutral" interpretation of a character, Sideshow hopes to cater to more fans.

I guess I am not sure what the big fuss is about. Anybody can tell this is Batman. His portrait consists of his mouth and chin. How much more unique do you have to make it? :dunno

Agree completely. For instance, I HATE Alex Ross' Batman, and if the PF looked like that, SS wouldn't be getting $400 of my money. Casting a wider net gets more fish.

I just saw this on FB while I was at lunch. But WTF happend to his face. The mouth/lips look horrible. I was pretty excited by the full cloth costume but like others have said I would have rather had a cloth cape with a wire.

I gotta pass. I think the ES size will be big enough that it won't sell out until we see the in hand pics. Or Ill just pick up the regular.

it sounds better coming from me :dunno :lol

good point

Agree completely. This and Ivy have me truly excited for SS's DC output.

I am so stoked I may just start selling off my Marvel pieces.

That's what I'm saying I want. Pull from several artist. I see none in this. I love everything about this except the two portraits, which unfortunately for me is what matters the most.

The Joker is a great example. You can clearly see the Bolland influence but it doesn't look exactly like a Bolland Joker. As crazy as this may sound I actually see more Shadowhawk influence on the portrait that looks down than anything Batman.

Didn't you once commission a Bruce Wayne head? Wouldn't it be fairly easy to commission a couple of different artist interpretations for this PF since it has a COH already? The possibilities are endless, a different head for every day of the week.

Its $400 to make the droids double set look cheaper by comparison :D

There is probably more material in the Batman PF, then the two droids combines, making them much higher in price.

Personally I like both mixed media and fully sculpted. Which ever looks best on the character or a nice mixture of both. But for those who just like fully sculpted then I'm sure Sideshow will revisit this character. I'm sure this wont be the last you'll see of Batman in the Sideshow universe.

I agree .... I'm not loving the mouth/lips .... but overall its a nice statue of batman, who is one of my favorite heros, plus you can't have Joker without Batman.

It's about taste. I just like it and I believe this is the best looking Batman statue to come down the pike yet. So that alone is worth it. Can't wait till he arrives at my doorstep!

I agree that everything is getting out of hand with pricing. But it's simple...the goal is to sell as many statues as possible for the most money possible. That will upset the average collector who wants everything but companies rely on that...collectors want everything and will fork out as much as needed to get what they can and the more it costs, the more exclusive it becomes and the more you'll want it. These are emotional purchases...thats why some pieces like joker exclusives are already posted on eBay for over $1k...because people will buy them without stopping and saying "am I about to blow 1000 on a little joker statue?".

I can understand why some people may not like it but it's not like this will be the last Batman statue sideshow releases.

I'm happy with the way it looks, minus the cowl and how it's shaped over his right shoulder.

Love the piece.
Hate the price.
Go Gore Group Martin's pics are amazing.
As a big Bermejo fan I dig the mean face.
That's all I got.

It's a great sculpt and looks just like the control art sketch. But it's just not something I'd like to look at all the time. Thankfully there's the other portrait which is more in keeping in how I'd like to see Batman.

Back