Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

you'd be better off just pullin' the trigger on it now

I did about an hour ago. I've leaned some lessons in the past but this one is a must for me and I'm not letting him slip away. :yess: Thanks.

hi guise, do you know how much shipping will be to Saskachatoon? Also my buddy in Kreplakistan is thinking about getting one of these profile format Batmans, how much will a shipping be to his house on Ballbag street?

/noob

All these complaints about SP batman and I think he looks fantastic in this photo!

300131_press18.jpg

the only problem with the pose is you really can't display him straight on, you have to turn him to make the pose work. You lose a lot of the details of the sculpt that way.

All these complaints about SP batman and I think he looks fantastic in this photo!

I like him too. I like the regular one better, but I was bummed when I thought we weren't going to get an angry Batman.

Problem solved.

I also like the way it shifts his entire dynamic. It's more than just a different portrait. The whole statue changes.

the only problem with the pose is you really can't display him straight on, you have to turn him to make the pose work. You lose a lot of the details of the sculpt that way.

In that shot, he's turned to the right. If you aim his gaze straight, it opens everything up again. Not as fully as the other pose, but it's still visible. Subtlety of delivery works for me. That's part of why I like where the batarang is.

That's what I'm saying. I don't want Sideshow's stamp on it. I don't read comics with a Batman that Sideshow's artist created. I don't look at this and see anything that reminds me of any DC artists rendering of Batman I've ever read or liked. I have no connection with it. I'm not saying it has to be 100% based on one in particular, but mix in a little Adams, Lee, Ross, Bolland, Mazzuccheli, Kubert etc. Make it feel like a character I know.

I see your point - but which artist's interpretation to they make? Or do they release a Batman PF from each one? Makes sense with the DCD B&W - not so much with a $400 PF.

Personally I prefer an idealized version of the character that pulls from all the artists, but is a slave to none of them. Although I don't know what artist has inflicted the SP face on us - the rest of the piece feels like the perfect Batman as influenced by his whole history.

I see your point - but which artist's interpretation to they make? Or do they release a Batman PF from each one? Makes sense with the DCD B&W - not so much with a $400 PF.

Personally I prefer an idealized version of the character that pulls from all the artists, but is a slave to none of them. Although I don't know what artist has inflicted the SP face on us - the rest of the piece feels like the perfect Batman as influenced by his whole history.

Agree completely. This and Ivy have me truly excited for SS's DC output.

That's what I'm saying I want. Pull from several artist. I see none in this. I love everything about this except the two portraits, which unfortunately for me is what matters the most.

The Joker is a great example. You can clearly see the Bolland influence but it doesn't look exactly like a Bolland Joker. As crazy as this may sound I actually see more Shadowhawk influence on the portrait that looks down than anything Batman.

Last edited:

Well, I paid $400 for Blackbeard so I guess I can pay $400 for Batman. But if they stay at this price there won’t be too many more that I’ll buy. I’m all ready out of the 1/6 HT market because of the prices so the PF line may suffer the same fate soon.

I agree with Woff a million percent. I'm sick of SS interpretations and want something that represents the characters drawn by the artists I know and love.

I'm really not pulling a Josh on you, Khev :lol

I think the Ex. movie Cap PF is pretty nice, actually. I did struggle over whether or not I should have ordered it when it came up.

:D

Personally I've always pretty much considered comic books to be unofficial storyboards for the eventual movie, with the movie versions hopefully being the end all be all of the character.

I'd say that's the case for Reeve Superman and all the Avengers and to a lesser extent the Nolan Batverse.

But damn if that comic line-up of Bat PF's (Batman, Joker, and Poison Ivy) isn't the coolest looking trio from any comic line of statues.

That's what I'm saying I want. Pull from several artist. I see none in this. I love everything about this except the two portraits, which unfortunately for me what matters the most.

The Joker is a great example. You can clearly see the Bolland influence but it doesn't look exactly like a Bolland Joker. As crazy as this may sound I actually see more Shadowhawk influence on this than anything Batman.

Yep, that does sound crazy, sorry, The Reg. head sculpt is pretty dead on as far as a classic Batman Cowl and the SP head you can see a bit of Lee Bermejo, see below

Batman.Noel_.low_.jpg

I agree with Woff a million percent. I'm sick of SS interpretations and want something that represents the characters drawn by the artists I know and love.

That's the problem though. It is all subjective as to which artist(s) a collector might like as well as which artist(s) they know. By coming up with more of a "neutral" interpretation of a character, Sideshow hopes to cater to more fans.

I guess I am not sure what the big fuss is about. Anybody can tell this is Batman. His portrait consists of his mouth and chin. How much more unique do you have to make it? :dunno

I love this piece and ordered him after I went through the gallery photos and before I went on the boards. I didn't even take notice the things everyone are nitpicking on here but I'll agree that the long ear portrait is superior than the other and the price tag is a a little steep but expected.

Batarang > print/name plate. I mean unless you want the batarang to be the center of the display, I don't see a problem where it is placed. I plan to display this piece with the bat symbol facing forward to highlight the gargoyle on the base which I was actually paying more attention to and the batarang will be fully visible.

The cape on the right shoulder. At least to me, the picture I'm being painted is batman is on top of a building on a windy night. The wind blows the cape off the right shoulder revealing his batarang wielding hand.

Other than that, the detail work on the belt is phenomenal. The mesh look on the costume was unexpected and turned out amazing. I have not liked any statue produced by SS with a clothed cape with or without wires in them. So the sculpted cape sealed the deal for me. It displays great with the DC releases so far or can be a great stand alone piece. It is a 1:4 scale Premium Format Batman.

Back