Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

the million dollar question is that how is Galactus at 33" tall and only $800, while LSF's at the same size end up being $2k:dunno

Again, the answer is China. Sideshow's exaggerated higher price strategy IS NOT based on true production costs, but collector fervor, simple.

We should stop the excessive squealing, price guessing, & exposing our feverish desires to SS, & just play it cool.

No more high price speculating, no more handing the platter to SS, so they can blatantly raise prices. Christ, let's show some backbone!

Well lots of opinions on here guys but as a new collector all I can say is I can't miss out on this or the superman pf. I look back at the cap and Thor of and they are amazing but not likely something I'll ever own because of the price. I can't pass these up they look just as good and I am sure will be just as high priced in a few years and I'll be kicking myself then if I passed them up. Just hope supes isn't released to soon because I don't think I can afford to be hit with price of both of these to close together next year. 6 months apart at least would be nice.

So true. But I'll force myself to pass on Batman but Superman (SO FAR) looks like a must buy for me.

Again, the answer is China. Sideshow's exaggerated higher price strategy IS NOT based on true production costs, but collector fervor, simple.

We should stop the excessive squealing, price guessing, & exposing our feverish desires to SS, & just play it cool.

No more high price speculating, no more handing the platter to SS, so they can blatantly raise prices. Christ, let's show some backbone!

tumblr_l0z1kvNuYa1qzr6zyo1_500.jpg

Just got home and ordered the EX. I didn't go back and read yet what everyone has posted but a few things to get off my chest. The Batarang EX is too hidden, reminds me of the Freddy PF from nightmare on Elm Street. Why give him an EX feature that doesn't stand out more? :dunno

Also the price jumps to $400??? Because they know we will pay it anyway because who can have a Joker without Batman. Just seems the price was around $50 more than it should be. :gah:

Ok I feel better. :duff

So true. But I'll force myself to pass on Batman but Superman (SO FAR) looks like a must buy for me.

You have a link to these supe pics. If you do it would be appreciated. Thanks and hopefully he turns out as awesome as we all hope.

It'll never happen. You can't even get collectors to agree on the simple things in this hobby.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the prices of these collectibles be at a reasonable price too.

But getting collectors to do what you're asking is just a dream. JMO.

I understand your point, but if saving money & allowing a collector to buy more product is not a motivating factor, man we are truly screwed, & deserve to be butt-___'d by SS. Just to keep it civil, don't forget to tie your shoes as you bend over & assume the position.:slap

whoever doesnt understand the massive difference in R&Ding and producing a piece that has fabric incorporated in it as opposed to just taking a fully sculpted piece and casting and painting it, then there is no hope in you ever understanding the price difference..... :monkey1

They should have put the batarang on his forehead. Then I would have ordered.

They could have had his arm in a different position where you can actually see it from the front. Unless you turn it sideways most won't even notice it like it deserves to be.

I like the Batarang personally, of all 3 PF's so far this is the only one I'll be making use of the EX erm extra :dunno

I don't think it's particularly civil for divo to publically air the things he lets Sideshow do to his butt.

They could have had his arm in a different position where you can actually see it from the front. Unless you turn it sideways most won't even notice it like it deserves to be.

They could have fully sculpted him too. But, they didn't.

It's still ugly.

One of the reasons I prefer what used to be Premium Format over sculpted is that the PFs had a more real world feel. Like a movie version of the character there had to be some thought put into how the character would look in the real world rather than all the muscles sticking out in an idealized pose like in the comics.

If Batman has white eyes, a PF version should examine WHY he has white eyes - are there lens in the mask? Then the eyes would be sculpted completely differently than they are on the SP (sour puss -now the official designation for the fugly Batman portrait) head.

Donkey crap not welcome in thread. :wave

HA ha ha:lol:lol:lol! I agree, the GOP strategy is not good in politics or for the country, but I'm talking SS here. So why not fight dirty with dirty?:wave

Politics is fightin' words. Keep it to yourself.

That said, why is a strategy that's bad for the country, suddenly a good idea when you want cheaper toys?

It's still ugly.

One of the reasons I prefer what used to be Premium Format over sculpted is that the PFs had a more real world feel. Like a movie version of the character there had to be some thought put into how the character would look in the real world rather than all the muscles sticking out in an idealized pose like in the comics.

If Batman has white eyes, a PF version should examine WHY he has white eyes - are there lens in the mask? Then the eyes would be sculpted completely differently than they are on the SP (sour puss -now the official designation for the fugly Batman portrait) head.

I get everyone has their opinion, but posting the same pic and/or comment over and over again is tiresome :dunno

His pose doesn't strike me as one that makes me think Batman is gonna go bust crime, it's more of a "Man, when Catwoman see's me standing here looking all badass, she's gonna get so hot for me. I'm so ____in awesome"

134181855719.png

OMG it's hideous! NUKE it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure

I think bats looks fine. We all know they will make plenty more of him and I bet you that of least one of them will be a comiquette version.

Taking you're lunch break an hour and half late - Annoying

Going to Mcdonalds to use their Wifi hoping to get a better connection when logging on to sideshow collectibles only to find out some idiot is streaming video and hogging the bandwidth - Double Annoying

Logging on and ordering the best batman statue ever created(your opinions are noted and overruled, no I don't care what you think) and using reward points to offset the added price - Absolutely Priceless

Ex Ordered, I finally have my Sideshow Batman :)

Back