Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

I am just AMAZED at your ability to do thses SUPERB customs so quick!! LOVE THEM ALL and wish I had them in my display case that's for sure!!

Thanks you guys. :)

And now for the rest of my collection (with the exception of Commander Gaunch, Commander Neyo, Bossk, and IG-88 because I forgot to get a picture of them.
All the shelves and furniture that these are sitting on with the exception of the Dewback setup I made myself. I also love carpentry.

This shelf I made special for the battle droids by insetting magnets into the surface to react to the magnets on their feet.

Dio base I made for my snowtroopers.

Dio base I made for my raiders.

And here's some custom bookend sets that I've made.

Nice update, those jetpacks look great.

The rest of your collection is very nice, great setup. Thanks for sharing.

Love the 501st trooper heads they are awesome. I need some room to display my figures like yours, nice job.

Nice! So I'm guessing you set aside a couple hours every Saturday morning to do you dusting? I like the small stand alone shelf idea but not the dusting :)

I've been working a lot on my Hasbro clone customs recently and thought I'd get a few pictures of the ones I've done over the last 6 years. Here's a little preview of my custom collection.
What I mostly do with the majority of my customs is weather them because it makes them look so much more legit.

Thire, Jek, Rys.
The Thire is just a weathering job, but the Jek and Rys are customized from the senate security trooper(s) and both have removable helmets with their likeness prior to Hasbro making them. Jek's weapons are custom made from an auction on eBay where I originally got the trio.

Fox and Senate troopers
For Fox I used the original figure and gave him a removable helmet of the correct type and attached a visor from a spare Cody. The troopers are all handpainted.

Commander Stone and two more troopers. Again before Hasbro's. Stone's helmet is a cast that a friend made on eBay. The same casting I have used for many of my custom troopers. They're hollowed out for the removable feature and the specs on them are perfect.

Gree, Buzz, and Draa.
Gree is just a weathering job, Buzz and Draa are from scratch with cast helmets.

Cody, Waxer, and Boil.
Cody is weathered and I replaced his antennas with straight pens because the Hasbro ones are too bulky. Waxer and Boil like Buzz and Draa have cast helmets. You'll noticed I never have finished Cody's updated cast helmet.

Rex, Kano, Denal, and Boomer.
Rex has been through many phases with his helmet until I finally settled on a cast one and he got plenty of weathering. Sgt. Kano and Boomer (clone wars video game) are from scratch. Denal is the Hasbro Denal with a repainted helmet.

Commander Fil and troopers.
Fil is a repainted Rex with a custom helmet.

Bly, Lock, Ponds.
Bly and Ponds are just weathering jobs. Lock has a custom helmet that is removable. I also have about 5 of Lock's troopers in the works. I always like for my commanders to have a nice sized squad. The two pilots are customs from the Matchstick pilot figure.

Master Di and Captain Keeli.
This is perhaps my favorite squad because even the Jedi General was custom made although I never finished him fully. He still needs the little emblems on his tunic. All troopers have removable helmets and Keeli is custom painted to match his appearance in the Supply Lines episode.

Blitz, Colt, Havoc, and Hammer of Rancor battalion.
Various repaints and kitbashing. One main thing I did do is fix the helmet crest on the Hasbro sculpt which was total crap. I cut off crests from other correct helmets and glued them in place.

Fives (ARC and 501st)

Echo (ARC and 501st)

I have since shortened the antennas on Echo and Fives because I made them a bit too long.

Their helmets aren't removable but they can be displayed with the portrait sculpts.

More to come...

Thanks wraithnine. Yours are awesome too. I've been working on pilots a lot in the last couple days. Blue squadron, Gold squadron, and a few of the other miscellaneous pilots in the clone wars.

Just got a Medicom Jedi Luke and a DX Luke body and head off eBay. Time to make my SS Jedi Luke look epic.

Jedi Luke in the works.

image.jpg

Got the rest of my Luke parts in today. Love it.

image.jpg

Also been doing a little experimenting with my Darth Maul. Picked this alternate head up from eBay and I like it because its a nice fighting expression.

image.jpg

Sideshow be trollin. :gah:
Only thing is they're just calling this the wolf pack trooper but that's Boost's paint scheme.

Back