Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

SUPERB WORK as ever!!! You have some talent mate. Looking forward to your Comet.

Strangely enough I just finished the Umbara storyline yesterday. It was A*MA*ZING. Well done.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your kind words. But I don't want to slow down Jon, I'm on a roll! haha
Once I get Comet finished, which very well might be tonight, I'm hoping to start working on my Hasbro clones again.

COMET!

My Wolffe pack is complete.

Now I want to do their phase 1 helmets even though they will probably never be displayed with them. Haha

Thanks again guys. I figured Comet would look pretty awesome with a jetpack, so I found a loose Wolffe one on eBay and its on its way to me. I'll have to do some repainting on it to make it look a little more basic

I want to see what your entire display looks like.

I've got general Plo I just didn't add him to the pictures but I will. I want to get pictures of my whole collection.

@ Natedog, now that I've got the Wolffe pack looking epic, I've been thinking that General Plo may need an epic saber to match. Know what I'm sayin... ;)

I'll get right on that this weekend. I've got a small WWII reenactment thing to go to later today and all day tomorrow, but I'll have some time on Sunday to get some shots.

Hey spud trooper what type of paint do you use to paint them. I'm about ready to dabble into this whole custom painting thing and just need some guidance! Can you help a brother out?

Sure thing man. I use Model Masters acrylic from my local Hobby Lobby. They go on smooth and can be watered down to do thin layers and they are easily mixed. Plus they're pretty durable but not so much as to prevent weathering. I really like using them.

I got all the pictures that I promised today but seeing as it is after 1 am for me at the moment I'll have to get them posted in the morning before I go to work. Also I'm happy to announce that I completely finished Dogma, Kix, Tup, Jesse, and Hardcase's custom portrait heads tattoos and all. I love the way they turned out. So those will be with my pics in the morning too.

Night Freaks!

I really got into the customizing mood yesterday and got quite a bit accomplished.
First off, I did the phase I helmets for Sinker, Boost, and Comet.

Comparison shot of Comet phase I and II.

Then I got General Plo to snap some pics with his squad.
Phase I

Phase II

Then I got to work on the portrait heads for Dogma, Jesse, Kix, Hardcase, and Tup.

Dogma:

Jesse:

Kix:

Hardcase:

Tup:

They all turned out great.

Back