Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

Thanks man.
Hmm... Can't say that I have any. Me switching out chest armor was the first time I've disassembled a clone that much. I did completely de-armor my Shock troopers and gave them the version 2 body suits. That old chest armor is a mother to get off. I would think the helmets are glued together pretty tight. I was looking at the veteran helmet last night, inspecting the inside of it and the joints are pretty caked with glue. I wouldn't know where to begin...yet. I'm thinking that I'm going to try and remove the visor from my spare Cody helmet and fit it to the Veteran helmet to make it more accurate to Thorn's appearance. Because he doesn't have anything to either side of the helmet crest like Cody does. I don't know how much trouble that will be though or if it will even fit because the Veteran helmet is a newer sculpt so the proportions may be different.

Spud mate , be really careful removing the Cody Visor, I nearly dropped a Brick doing mine, they are really well glued and don't want to come off.
If you don't want to risk it Pm me and I can cast you one up

Spud the new helmets are larger and slightly different dimensions from the old phase 2 buckets ,you may have big problems buddy

Thanks for the input Spudtrooper, I think I'll have to find another way round my Neyo helmet problem, those things are glued tight & I don't want to turn a small helmet imperfection into a cracked bucket nightmare! Macrobinoculars might avert the eye from the misaligned helmet crest or a 'blast visor' from a 1/6 helicopter pilot helmet in a Star Wars IMPS 2 AT-AT Door Gunner style, gotta do something...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I was just inspecting my Cody helmet and from what I can see its attached in 4 places. Two glue spots at the back of the visor on each side and then where it actually goes down into the sides of the helmet. Just being curious I stuck an xacto knife under one of the back edges and it popped loose extremely easy. So going with that it looks like all I'll have to do is pop it loose on each side and then cut it free at the front on each side, because Thorn's doesn't go down that far. I know that's the difference between the Clone Wars and the live action styles, but still. And actually the dimensions of Cody's helmet are closer to the new sculpt as compared to the old one. So I'm going to detach the visor and see what it looks like and worse case scenario I just have to tack it back on the Cody helmet. Nothing to loose really.

Now if it would hurry up and arrive! :gah:

Alright the helmet came in and I promptly popped the visor loose and got to painting. I had to watch the episode Thorn is in again and pause it many times to get as many angles as possible of the paint scheme. I haven't attached the visor to the veteran helmet yet but it fits perfectly. I also cut down the visor on each side to make it more accurate.
Rough paint up.
image.jpg

I'm liking how it's looking so far.

image.jpg

And after a bit of first layer weathering.

image.jpg

Now all I lack is some detail and weathering on the helmet, the antenna on the right side, and his rank badge.

Man I always love seeing you paintjobs , can't believe how cool he looks with his shock troops in the background

,Excellent work :clap:clap:clap

Thanks man. The hardest part was keeping the symmetry on both sides of the helmet. And I'm my own worst critic so if something wasn't just right I scratched it off and started again.

Damn it Spudtrooper you make me green everytime I see your custom Clones!! Thorn looks great mate. Well done.

Nice Spud. Is the eagle design painted by hand? Really nice! I dont have that talent so I use decals. I'm curious to see how you make your antenna since I need to do one as well for my Fox.

Nice Spud. Is the eagle design painted by hand? Really nice! I dont have that talent so I use decals. I'm curious to see how you make your antenna since I need to do one as well for my Fox.
Yeah the wing designs are painted by hand along with everything I do, because on the flip side of what you said I have no idea on how to make my own decals. I don't have that talent. haha
I'm still thinking on what I'm going to use for the antenna. Because ideally I'd use the antenna off of a phase one Cody or Fox helmet but I really don't want to buy another spare helmet that I'm just going to cut the antenna off of. I already have that phase II Cody helmet that I used the visor off of that I have no idea what I'll do with.

Yeah the wing designs are painted by hand along with everything I do, because on the flip side of what you said I have no idea on how to make my own decals. I don't have that talent. haha
I'm still thinking on what I'm going to use for the antenna. Because ideally I'd use the antenna off of a phase one Cody or Fox helmet but I really don't want to buy another spare helmet that I'm just going to cut the antenna off of. I already have that phase II Cody helmet that I used the visor off of that I have no idea what I'll do with.

just an idea ,make a specialized armour trooper for instance

Back