Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both 212th Trooper and 212th Airborne together seems viable for ROTS 20th. Though hopefully we get some ROTS Clone Commanders as well.

Really want the Clone Scout and Galactic Marine even if those feel unlikely.

Yeah those do feel pretty unlikely. Would love a clone scout. Him and Gree would be a cool pairing to put up for order.

With all the accessories they've made with appo I'm guessing Bly is in the pipeline? Who knows With hot toys though :tap

Yeah those do feel pretty unlikely. Would love a clone scout. Him and Gree would be a cool pairing to put up for order.

With all the accessories they've made with appo I'm guessing Bly is in the pipeline? Who knows With hot toys though :tap

Exactly! Gree with Scouts, Bacara with Marines… Those would make for awesome displays and add some needed variety.

Aside from the 212th, Bly, Gree, and Neyo with BARC feel most likely for ROTS 20th.

Exactly! Gree with Scouts, Bacara with Marines… Those would make for awesome displays and add some needed variety.

Aside from the 212th, Bly, Gree, and Neyo with BARC feel most likely for ROTS 20th.
Problem is, that is all ground Sideshow trod. If HT actually did clone scout, clone marine, ARC-170 pilot or AT-RT driver we could actually get something new. But yeah, I bet HT will just do the ones Sideshow did again. Sigh.

Problem is, that is all ground Sideshow trod. If HT actually did clone scout, clone marine, ARC-170 pilot or AT-RT driver we could actually get something new. But yeah, I bet HT will just do the ones Sideshow did again. Sigh.

I mean, yeah that’s true but same goes for half their current Clone lineup. I hear ya though. I also want new Clones.

I had most of the Sideshow Clones but I’d say by now a lot of people who collect haven’t. By the time ROTS 20th rolls around, Sideshow’s Clone Commanders will be almost a decade and a half old. It’s time.

Hopefully Hot Toys also give us some more Clones that have yet to be figurized though! Scout and Marine are at the top of the wishlist. AT-RT and Phase 2 Pilot are up there, too. Would love to see the open helmet with a Morrison sculpt.

Bit of wishful thinking, but we can dream. I do think Hot Toys is smart enough to have studied what killed Sideshow’s Clone line so they’ll do a bit better with variety. So there’s hope.

IMG_2305.jpeg

It’s incredible finally getting to see Rex in live action. And I’m glad they confirmed his TCW pauldron design.

But now they’ve opened up a whole new Pandora’s box with that armor. :lol

Last edited:
They’re backwards. In the show, too.

They might’ve accidentally swapped the left and right ones based on where the stripe is.

It’s a shame no one caught it.
Elbow pads are also positioned 45 degrees forward in a non natural stance.

Elbow pads are also positioned 45 degrees forward in a non natural stance.

Yeah, not only are they facing the wrong way but the design is different from past realistic appearances and the current live action suit.

Might've come from a fan suit as with some other parts. Armor is a bit of a mish mash. Trying really hard not to think too much about it (which is difficult). :lol

At the end of the day I just want Hot Toys to stay consistent with the figures that have come before, despite what differences there may be in future Clone appearances.

Do they purposefully wear this armor wrong? I mean, they are fans, right? And they must have evaluated every inch of the costume while making it.
If they are not fans but Lucasfilm, then that's a bigger shame.

It is a bit ridiculous honestly, but they could've been stretching for time, or god knows what behind the scenes. I loved seeing him but was distracted by the armor lol.

don't forget that Clone Wars celebration is still lingering around guys.

Phase 1 Rex announcement is just absolutely synchronizes flawlessly.

Are you hinting at something? You seem to be doing that lately, but I'm not sure if you have any actual sources or you're just trolling lol.

Are you hinting at something? You seem to be doing that lately, but I'm not sure if you have any actual sources or you're just trolling lol.

Think he’s just being extra vocal about the figures he wants to see. Understandable since we all want to see Phase 1 Rex.

Maybe if we all keep saying it, we can will it into existence. :lol

It’s what Anakin would want, Howard! Make his best Clone buddy (again).

IMG_2315.gif

Last edited:
Back