• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Spikey Haired Hicks heads for HT figures - Up for order again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't wait for this , just got my last marine today and they all have there ^^^^ty heads ! :lol
Need to get all the custom heads now , then just get my newt and finish the bishop custom !! :rock

I'm getting there guys!
I feel like Indy when he was trapped with Marion in the well of souls and he was looking for a way out, "I'm workin' on it! I'm workin' on it! " :D

With so many in production, and a few more added in recently, it's over 35 heads in production at one time, and NO WAY I am skimping on the details, so it is just taking lots of time. I am hoping to be done with them by May 31st. HOPING! Don't hold me to that, but I am trying, :D

Hang in there guys! It won't be long now! I'll post pics soon in my thread and here.
Ya wanna talk about a HALL 'O HICKS! :google This is the entire building wing of productions!

Great to hear Hicks is back on the ready line! I tried to PM and email a while ago but haven't heard back from you, so maybe you didn't get them. When you have a moment to spare, could let me know? I can try to send 'em again. Thanks, bro. And hang in there! :)

Hey Les! I just sent you the balance of what I owe you for 1 painted SH Hicks. I'm really looking forward to getting back to work my colonial marines! Thanks so much for doing another run of these extra-special Hicks heads for us! :cool:

Take all the time you need, bro, I'm in no hurry... but please try to get back to me before you finish him, though, okay? I have something to ask you about his eyes. Thanks. :D

Les , this may be a really stupid question but I have been wondering this for a while.
You know like you made the hicks head and the Kyle Reese head , were the exactly the same sculpt with little paint changes or were there different sculpted parts ?.
:lol Either way they or it is awesome !! :rock

The Reese is a bit altered from the HT one that was offered. I added the chin/mouth scar and some hair details, but he is a different sculpt from the Hicks.

The Hicks uses a HT Stoner for a base, and has some very minor tweaks to his face, and then the totally new hair. So, though both are VERY close to each other, they are not from the same base.

There is another sculpt, the Hudson head, which is actually a reworked Stoner, but with a different hairline and has a strange shape compared to the more Biehn like Stoner. It is close though, and I have repainted some Hudsons into Hicks with most satisfying results.

As for whether there will be more Spikey Haired Hickes in future, that is unknown. I have been through three molds of heads already, nearly 75 heads, only about three or four of those not painted, so you can imagine that I may move on after this massive current run. I would think it will be a longer time before I resume him. I have a lot of projects in the wings that will take the place of Hicks heads, so I know it would be more like October or later before I took any more on. I may though. I have the original head, so I can always remold him and I obviously don't mind painting Michael Biehn. So, I would say, it is always possible I will do more.
BUT NOT FOR A WHILE! :lol 35 at one time is ENOUGH for this guy!

I do appreciate, more than I can say, the enthusiasm you guys have had for this head. That is why I most likely will do more later. Just not for a while.

Anyway, let me paint! :duh

And Mudshark, email me! I must have missed your PMs.

Where exactly?

Here Nicky, is a page when things were really bad for me, a week or so back..

Page 278 of FML custom thread

But since all that, things are progressing again...

See this shot from a week back... (note many of the Hicks heads in progress...)

Set1heads62008a.jpg

Further along now. Hope to have some finished shots this week. TONS of other work at the same time, so my progress is not fast, and I do not want to rush these, as they are all important to me. Thanks for your patience so far. :rock

Not available again, but the lot is coming due as painted.
Hang tight everyone! It's been a rocky road!
Thanks for your patience on this.

:rock:rock amazing things come to those who wait.
Les take as long as you like with mine. I love having this thing to look forward too !.

I love knowing I will be opening this package ! :rock
After all I'm the online forum nerd version of hicks himself ! :lol

Back