Premium Format Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy Regular in 1st Post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy in 1st Post.

has SS returns been getting in touch or replying to your mails, its been over 10 days since I last got a reply for them, been a month ow since i requested for a replacement for my psylocke head and batpod :X. wtf is going on there, not even replying on chat

has SS returns been getting in touch or replying to your mails, its been over 10 days since I last got a reply for them, been a month ow since i requested for a replacement for my psylocke head and batpod :X. wtf is going on there, not even replying on chat

Good at least they might be looking into making more replacements! :pray:

This makes the most sense. Maybe someone from SS can ease our minds? :goodpost:

SSC would never comment on business practices.

Because they know people are willing to except a certain level of imperfection. How many times on this board have we read " I can accept that," "it's not that bad", "that's the best it's going to get", or similar comments? Then there's the people when someone complains, they say the person is being too picky for wanting it like the previewed piece.

I'll fully admit I can deal with a small level of issues (depending on the issues of course) and sometimes I see people complaining about pieces and when they post pics I think "?? I don't see anything wrong here, they're really too picky"
But it's a fine line and often SSC just completely ****s up.

Maybe its because when you order a statue with only 3 main colours you don't expect anyone over the age of 10 could get it wrong.

It's not that simple though, you need to be able to give could texture and uniformity. I'm pretty sure sometimes it's simple to do a piece like the Ringwraith that's very dirty and busy as opposed to a plain color.
It's like acting, it's easy to scream and play the crazy, angry guy. It's the more nuanced emotions that are really hard to convey.

You wonder how much money Sideshow loses when something like this happens, not to mention the "good will" of its customer base.

This must take a toll on those future pre-orders as well.

I wonder as well but obviously it's not that much because it's been happening many times and they haven't changed so...

Yeah, I've got many statues preordered and if a get a few bad QC issues I'm moving on to another hobby I think. While I love and appreciate the statues, not getting near what you paid for is a killer for me. I can only imagine my $800+ dollar Galactus showing up looking like it was painted by a blind monkey...:(

Damn right! I'm not going anywhere near the Galactus page until I see pics. At this point we should all do that unless we want an EX or fear the piece will sell out.

BTW, has Sideshow Alex chimed in on this thread once?

I'm sure she's being told to stay well away from here. Which in itself is a statement on SSC's way to handle things.

Not looking good for replacements. They are currently investigating replacement stock to see if there any "acceptable" replacements. I sense a wait list. ..

Not looking good for replacements. They are currently investigating replacement stock to see if there any "acceptable" replacements. I sense a wait list. ..

It'll most likely end up with the choice of either a full refund or partial refund & keeping the damaged piece.

Hmm I'm really starting to regret ordering this. I've ordered a Reg which isn't due for another 2 months yet so I'll wait & see how it turns out. Kinda wished I put that money towards Poison Ivy now

Hmm I'm really starting to regret ordering this. I've ordered a Reg which isn't due for another 2 months yet so I'll wait & see how it turns out. Kinda wished I put that money towards Poison Ivy now

Cancel THIS NOW!!! And ORDER IVY!!! There is no comparison.

It'll most likely end up with the choice of either a full refund or partial refund & keeping the damaged piece.

Please don't say so......:pray:

glad i passed on this one.... dont want to get everything

On mine fingers and hair were broken and have been badly fixed before shipping: shameful!!!
Not to talk about white spots on her arm and scratches on the base, and a broken finger during shipping

AYBAgGul.jpg

THXFKAFl.jpg

agk0OYul.jpg

CgUQ9r2l.jpg

1fyCcCel.jpg

Are you sure you didn't find that in a bin. Sorry to see that markko. Shocking

Last edited:

Wow that is shocking. Mine comes in tomorrow :pray:

feel sorry for the members who ordered this piece...it's an absolute cluster$%#@

complete incompetence from Sideshow

On mine fingers and hair were broken and have been badly fixed before shipping: shameful!!!
Not to talk about white spots on her arm and scratches on the base, and a broken finger during shipping

AYBAgGul.jpg

THXFKAFl.jpg

agk0OYul.jpg

CgUQ9r2l.jpg

1fyCcCel.jpg

Wow how did this pass the SS premium QC I wonder? :dunno I wished SS can explain why this is happening instead of being quiet.

it's easy how this passed QC... there isn't any QC :lecture

gosh that's just awful. I feel bad for you, man

Sheesh, mine IS looking like a grail now.
(still haven't heard what is happening with my replacement/return). In a weird way, it's almost easier to take when it's this bad. At least they made it a no brainer to return. Harder with Psylocke (beautiful sculpt) and Rogue (my eyes were only a little googly).

AYBAgGul.jpg

THXFKAFl.jpg

agk0OYul.jpg

CgUQ9r2l.jpg

1fyCcCel.jpg

AYBAgGul.jpg

THXFKAFl.jpg

agk0OYul.jpg

CgUQ9r2l.jpg

1fyCcCel.jpg
Those repairs look like they were done by a grade 3 student with Elmer's white glue

Yeah, if this weren't so horrible for fellow freaks it would be funny.

Back