Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badly needed! I'm hoping to get Catwoman, Scarecrow, Freeze(when he's reduced) and fingers crossed Riddler, Two Face and Penguin IF they get made. I need a 1/4 scale Batman to put them and right now there isn't one that fits the bill. The original Sideshow PF looks good but isn't fully sculpted and this PF I just can't abide(no offence to those that like it).

Exactly

Quick question, is there a way of getting new parts from sideshow? I mean, buying directly from them? I scratch my Batman head while moving the statue :slap

I always thought SSC could make a good chunk of money if they sold spare parts. They could make spare parts made to order ...and produce them in house.

I haven't posted on this forum in ages because I don't really buy statues and figures anymore. But I won this piece in an auction at a charity event last night for $320. Obviously couldn't pass it up at that price but this thing sure is beautiful in person. Sorry to hear that a lot of people don't like it.
20191020_143259.jpg
20191020_143546.jpg
20191020_143452.jpg
20191020_143434.jpg
20191020_143541.jpg

Pretty sure if it was sold now for $320, there will be less complaint. =)

I haven't posted on this forum in ages because I don't really buy statues and figures anymore. But I won this piece in an auction at a charity event last night for $320. Obviously couldn't pass it up at that price but this thing sure is beautiful in person. Sorry to hear that a lot of people don't like it.

Congrats! That's a great price. Nice photos.

It's a shame you don't collect anymore, you had a fantastic presence in these forums. I hope all is well.

I love this statue. I?m torn between this and the Prime1 New 52.

Pros of prime 1
Pristine paint and sculpt
Most Dynamic Pose ever on 1/4 bats statue
Arguably the best 1/4 bats ever made factoring in the sculpt paintwork and pose
Its based on a real comic book character arc, in fact its almost an exact replica of a cover image

Cons of prime 1
its a new 52 suit, if you're a classic guy (strongman tights and briefs) and despise anything new this statue is not for you (but neither is the ssc version lol)
Its more expensive than the SSC version
It doesn't scale well with P1 new 52 supes

Pros of SSC
Seems to be in scale with wonder woman (as well as supes most likely but I cannot confirm this) and appears to painted well for SSC work
Its cheaper than P1 New 52 version

Cons of SSC
Its a sideshowafied version of a comic character- costume is not derived from/or based on any representation in a comic, SSC used creative license on this
Its not pained or sculpted nearly as well as prime 1
The pose and base sucks compared to the P1 version
It uses mixed media (this may be a pro for some but not for me esp the cape)
QC issues- I am not sure how bad this statue is for them but SSC is known for quality control problems
Even if you hate the new 52, this costume requires a certain taste its definitely a different style for batman
ES- SSC made a ton of these as they do with every statue they produce

Pros of prime 1
Pristine paint and sculpt
Most Dynamic Pose ever on 1/4 bats statue
Arguably the best 1/4 bats ever made factoring in the sculpt paintwork and pose
Its based on a real comic book character arc, in fact its almost an exact replica of a cover image

Cons of prime 1
its a new 52 suit, if you're a classic guy (strongman tights and briefs) and despise anything new this statue is not for you (but neither is the ssc version lol)
Its more expensive than the SSC version
It doesn't scale well with P1 new 52 supes

Pros of SSC
Seems to be in scale with wonder woman (as well as supes most likely but I cannot confirm this) and appears to painted well for SSC work
Its cheaper than P1 New 52 version

Cons of SSC
Its a sideshowafied version of a comic character- costume is not derived from/or based on any representation in a comic, SSC used creative license on this
Its not pained or sculpted nearly as well as prime 1
The pose and base sucks compared to the P1 version
It uses mixed media (this may be a pro for some but not for me esp the cape)
QC issues- I am not sure how bad this statue is for them but SSC is known for quality control problems
Even if you hate the new 52, this costume requires a certain taste its definitely a different style for batman
ES- SSC made a ton of these as they do with every statue they produce

Thanks, brother. I REALLY appreciate this.

Yea, I choose neither one. The P1 version and SSC version does not cut it for me. I'm waiting for the right one to be released.

Yea, I choose neither one. The P1 version and SSC version does not cut it for me. I'm waiting for the right one to be released.

Understandable. I have a problem with 1/4 scale batman statues, can never have enough. I own ssc modern pf, bale pf, bvs armored bats pf and now the new 52 version when it ships. I got to pair him with new 52 supes scaling issues be damed they still look badass together esp the ex versions..

If another badass bats drops that i like id buy it too. I have no issues with boxing up the older ones. But it could be years away before we get another 1/4 bats worth buying esp now p1 and ssc no longer playing nice. Its not like they (comic versions) come around often. i dont even like modern bats that much anymore to be honest, i wish he was fully sculpted and the cape was lighter. The hs is the best part. P1 does have the year one on bike statue although its expensive as **** for 1/4 scale (1/5???), its still tempting lol

In the meantime ill enjoy the ones i have, Ill prolly have to box up modern bats soon anyway i have too much **** coming in. I have to rearrange alot of stuff, not looking forward to it.

Understandable. I have a problem with 1/4 scale batman statues, can never have enough. I own ssc modern pf, bale pf, bvs armored bats pf and now the new 52 version when it ships. I got to pair him with new 52 supes scaling issues be damed they still look badass together esp the ex versions..

If another badass bats drops that i like id buy it too. I have no issues with boxing up the older ones. But it could be years away before we get another 1/4 bats worth buying esp now p1 and ssc no longer playing nice. Its not like they (comic versions) come around often. i dont even like modern bats that much anymore to be honest, i wish he was fully sculpted and the cape was lighter. The hs is the best part. P1 does have the year one on bike statue although its expensive as **** for 1/4 scale (1/5???), its still tempting lol

In the meantime ill enjoy the ones i have, Ill prolly have to box up modern bats soon anyway i have too much **** coming in. I have to rearrange alot of stuff, not looking forward to it.

I pretty much feel the same about Batman statues in general. At last count I had 10 statues of him in 1/4 scale and up, and strictly speaking I only have one comic based statue of him... well two if you include the first 1/3 Frank Miller statue from Prime 1. But the large chunk of mine are movie based ones.

I left out keaton bats pf and 1/3 prime 1 ss bats. Im looking to pick up a 1/3 scale comic version as well just not sure which one yet. Most of mine are movie related too, mainly cause there haven't been many comic versions in 1/4 scale to choose from. Most of the comic versions worth buying are 1/3 scale anyway but even those have been limited In comparison to all the arkham video game statues on the market lol.

Back