Premium Format Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy Regular in 1st Post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy in 1st Post.

I brought this information up inititally on the other board. Because after talking with Clay Moore last year, I found out that there are in fact different grades companies can instruct their factories to give to each piece in terms of the quality they expect on each statue. I don't know if they are A to F, or 1 to 5, etc. What I know is that he explained, in great detail, how each piece can be assigned a certain grade of quality by the company, and based upon that information, they expect to receive X number of dollars. So, basically the higher the quality, the more a factory gets paid. The lesser the grade, the less they get paid.

This completely explains why Sideshow can bring us flawless pieces like Joker, Skaar and Vampirella PF, and then sub par pieces like Rogue, Psylocke and Spider Woman. Obviously, Joker, Skaar and Vampi were given much better quality grades than pieces like Rogue or SW.

Made complete sense to me after talking with him.

Yeah, when I mentioned that I read this info on another forum I knew it was you, but I didn't want to just volunteer to drag your name in this.

I can see that happening but why would SS agree to a lesser paint job knowing they'll get returns and piss off their customers? It doesn't sound like a good business plan. Cutting corners on the QC of collectable high priced statues that buyers want to display as art pieces...that's plain stupid.

Because they know people are willing to except a certain level of imperfection. How many times on this board have we read " I can accept that," "it's not that bad", "that's the best it's going to get", or similar comments? Then there's the people when someone complains, they say the person is being too picky for wanting it like the previewed piece.

Maybe its because when you order a statue with only 3 main colours you don't expect anyone over the age of 10 could get it wrong.

I think that, too. The costumes on Rogue, Psylocke and Spider-Woman are all basic with just a few colors. But when you see Psylocke's unstable leg bands, something most of us were willing to overlook because the sculpt is bad ***, you would think SS would make sure that doesn't happen again. But we keep buying, and that sends a message. If I can give 50% or 100% and reach the same goal, why would I give 100?

Yeah, when I mentioned that I read this info on another forum I knew it was you, but I didn't want to just volunteer to drag your name in this.

Because they know people are willing to except a certain level of imperfection. How many times on this board have we read " I can accept that," "it's not that bad", "that's the best it's going to get", or similar comments? Then there's the people when someone complains, they say the person is being too picky for wanting it like the previewed piece.

I think that, too. The costumes on Rogue, Psylocke and Spider-Woman are all basic with just a few colors. But when you see Psylocke's unstable leg bands, something most of us were willing to overlook because the sculpt is bad ***, you would think SS would make sure that doesn't happen again. But we keep buying, and that sends a message. If I can give 50% or 100% and reach the same goal, why would I give 100?

Excellent points Peedi! I truly think this grading scale or quality scale, whatever it may be, really does happen, yet Sideshow would never admit that. What really sucks is why in the hell the Marvel pieces, especially the females, always seem to be the ones with all of the major problems.

Excellent points Peedi! I truly think this grading scale or quality scale, whatever it may be, really does happen, yet Sideshow would never admit that. What really sucks is why in the hell the Marvel pieces, especially the females, always seem to be the ones with all of the major problems.

If this is the case then storm and scarlet witch is both on my PO list. This is going to take so much effort and time to send pics and emails back and forth to try to get replacements. :slap I really, really hope SS learns from this. This is all making me worn out trying to get a replacement. It's just a lot work work and imagine if I have to do both of those 2 marvel girls too. Please SS do them right. :pray: you got vampi PF so perfect, and she was so much more difficult to make. how can there be such a huge difference in QC? Again I really hope SS will pull through with spider woman replacements.

How long it's been? 6,7 years?

Prices goes up 10-20% every year and quality declines. If they can pull off incredible paint jobs for Tychus Findlay and Overthrown etc., how can they mess up on such a simple pose and paint job for Spider-Woman.

If Sideshow can up their QC, (no breakages and decent paint job every time they would be the greatest ever), yet seems this problem had been ignored for years.(Especially for MARVEL)

Seems like maybe they have one crappy studio that has all the QC issues. This is speculation of course but most of us who JUST got black widow PF have no QC issues and she is far more complicated then spiderwoman. Perhaps SSC signed a contract to have all comic marvel girls painted by one specific studio and they just suck?

Seems like maybe they have one crappy studio that has all the QC issues. This is speculation of course but most of us who JUST got black widow PF have no QC issues and she is far more complicated then spiderwoman. Perhaps SSC signed a contract to have all comic marvel girls painted by one specific studio and they just suck?

That's kind of what I thought, that a different group paints the Marvel females. The Grade scheme could still support that theory.

Black Widow has a mostly cloth outfit though so there wasn't as much to paint. Plus, she's part of the movie Avengers. One of the highest grossing films, I can see how a product from that movie gave her priority over comic version characters. There's a broader appeal on that collectible since it's the movie and that particular actress. So I think she was assigned a better grade, or given to the better factory, or however they do it.

I didn't get mine until late last week and even though I jumped online to ask for the replacement that night, I'm not optimistic after all I've read and seen online.

I've got five PFs on order right now, including Storm and the Scarlet Witch. With my past experiences getting replacements more often than not resulting in $35 credit offers or returns, I'm getting a little tired of this. Ordering direct is supposed to be the best way to get a quality piece... but it's definitely no guarantee.

That's kind of what I thought, that a different group paints the Marvel females. The Grade scheme could still support that theory.

Black Widow has a mostly cloth outfit though so there wasn't as much to paint. Plus, she's part of the movie Avengers. One of the highest grossing films, I can see how a product from that movie gave her priority over comic version characters. There's a broader appeal on that collectible since it's the movie and that particular actress. So I think she was assigned a better grade, or given to the better factory, or however they do it.

I agree with this completely. You know there has to be a lot of things involved when you get a license to create a statue of a particular live actor. Can you imagine the hot water Sideshow would be under if they had brought out a Scarlett Johanssen PF that looked like a crack whore like Rogue? LOL, I can see lawsuits :rotfl

I agree with this completely. You know there has to be a lot of things involved when you get a license to create a statue of a particular live actor. Can you imagine the hot water Sideshow would be under if they had brought out a Scarlett Johanssen PF that looked like a crack whore like Rogue? LOL, I can see lawsuits :rotfl

I could see a fanboy mob! :lol

SG24XL.jpg

I've got five PFs on order right now, including Storm and the Scarlet Witch. With my past experiences getting replacements more often than not resulting in $35 credit offers or returns, I'm getting a little tired of this. Ordering direct is supposed to be the best way to get a quality piece... but it's definitely no guarantee.

You wonder how much money Sideshow loses when something like this happens, not to mention the "good will" of its customer base.

This must take a toll on those future pre-orders as well.

You wonder how much money Sideshow loses when something like this happens, not to mention the "good will" of its customer base.

This must take a toll on those future pre-orders as well.

I buy a lot of SS stuff just like this board does. I'm just so bum not getting this one. I hope the replacements will be made. Otherwise with QC like this big I'm going to have to think hard collecting these things. It's just not worth all the huge headaches. If storm and scarlet witch comes like this and no replacements will be offer to us. I might just quit the marvel line. :(

I buy a lot of SS stuff just like this board does. I'm just so bum not getting this one. I hope the replacements will be made. Otherwise with QC like this big I'm going to have to think hard collecting these things. It's just not worth all the huge headaches. If storm and scarlet witch comes like this and no replacements will be offer to us. I might just quit the marvel line. :(

If Rhino goes wrong, I might be done.

Yeah, I've got many statues preordered and if a get a few bad QC issues I'm moving on to another hobby I think. While I love and appreciate the statues, not getting near what you paid for is a killer for me. I can only imagine my $800+ dollar Galactus showing up looking like it was painted by a blind monkey...:(

Yeah, I've got many statues preordered and if a get a few bad QC issues I'm moving on to another hobby I think. While I love and appreciate the statues, not getting near what you paid for is a killer for me. I can only imagine my $800+ dollar Galactus showing up looking like it was painted by a blind monkey...:(

It's the only reason why I didn't order it. I'd rather see the in hand pics first.

While I don't expect perfection in a Sideshow statue, I certainly don't expect to send one out for a repaint.

It's the only reason why I didn't order it. I'd rather see the in hand pics first.

While I don't expect perfection in a Sideshow statue, I certainly don't expect to send one out for a repaint.

If one line is smeared its going back, let alone the whole thing being jacked up. $800 plus I hope they send it to the painters with the steady hands.:pray:

Back