Premium Format Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy Regular in 1st Post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy in 1st Post.

It's hard for me to just quit. I've been reading these characters since I was a kid. I buy these statues because I know these characters.

But then again the comics aren't that great nowadays. There's a few good ideas, but most of it is mediocre. As my reading list gets shorter, less important characters like Spider-Woman wont be ordered by me from Sideshow. Going forward I'll take chances on my favorites, if need be try for exchanges, but I won't except crap. If they can't get it right I need all my money back.

It's the only reason why I didn't order it. I'd rather see the in hand pics first.

While I don't expect perfection in a Sideshow statue, I certainly don't expect to send one out for a repaint.

Oh! This one at 800.00... You better see in hand pics first. I think he should be ok same as rhino. I think it's the lower price marvel females who gets the lower cheaper factories. Shame because no matter what factories they use. We still pay the premium collectible price. But if SS can get us replacements then I will still be ok with that. I hope they can pull through for us, since we are all loyal fans for them. :pray:

You know what I think would rule....? Painting these expensive statues right here in the US of A. On-the-spot quality control. Jobs overseen correctly, with people who speak English so that instructions can be fully understood, no translation barriers.

I refuse to believe that cost is that much of a barrier, people are desperate for jobs in the US, we have thousands of skilled artists and shipping things around the world is not exactly cheap anyways. Bring these statues home, so that people who take a little pride in their work can get the job done RIGHT. This would probably end up being cheaper than having to replace hundreds of statues two or three times each.

You know what I think would rule....? Painting these expensive stautes right here in the US of A. On-the-spot quality control. Jobs overseen correctly, with people who speak English so that instructions can be fully understood, no translation barriers.

I refuse to believe that cost is that much of a barrier, people are desperate for jobs in the US, we have thousands of skilled artists and shipping things around the world is not exactly cheap anyways. Bring these statues home, so that people who take a little pride in their work can get the job done RIGHT. This would probably end up being cheaper than having to replace hundreds of statues two or three times each.

Yah that will never happen unless your willing to fork over $600-$800 per statue to be made in the USA. This would bankrupt any manufacture like SSC. If China is such a problem, there are other countries like India that will be outsourced. Not only that, In the USA, you are not guarantee to be perfect. Plus, Unions will probably add to cost.

It's hard for me to just quit. I've been reading these characters since I was a kid. I buy these statues because I know these characters.

I hear you.

I'm kind of lucky because my collecting is more limited to Silver/Bronze age comic characters. This is the time period I grew up in as a kid, the '70s.

For example, I'll always buy a Ditko/Romita Spider-Man statue but never a bug-eyed Mcfarlane one.

The only exception to that rule is Juggernaut. I'll buy anything of him. :lol

You know what I think would rule....? Painting these expensive statues right here in the US of A. On-the-spot quality control. Jobs overseen correctly, with people who speak English so that instructions can be fully understood, no translation barriers.

Good luck with that. I worked in pharmaceutical/cosmetic industry before, you'll be just as lucky with QC. From high end workers to low end illegal workers, the pressure is to produce and make profit. Believe it or not, you'll get better chances of QC from other country like China cause labor is cheap.

It is all quite silly. If all labour remained on the mainland you would have more people doing higher paid jobs. That means more money in circulation and hence everyone is richer for it. The paradox of thrift occurs when everyone becomes trifty with their money. Less money finds its way in circulation and everyone is poorer for it.

Yah that will never happen unless your willing to fork over $600-$800 per statue to be made in the USA. This would bankrupt any manufacture like SSC. If China is such a problem, there are other countries like India that will be outsourced. Not only that, In the USA, you are not guarantee to be perfect. Plus, Unions will probably add to cost.

Yes that's why most manufacturer companies don't want to be in the USA. we ask too much. :rotfl look at apple, electronics, and just about all toys and collectibles.

no offense, it has nothing to do with usa vs china. I have seen some of the usa works from "artist" in qmx and other companies i wont name where they proudly display made in usa, a lot of it in hand is absolute crap too.

It's just sideshow doesnt care, if they did, those statues will all come up looking like the photos no matter if made in usa or china.

Today's the day! I get mine around 3 PM EST. Will post pics after I unbox her. Fingers crossed she is okay....

This is predicated on the idea that people doing such work in the US are all going to be making fifty dollars an hour or whatever. I seriously doubt it.

And unions? What unions? There are just a few big ones left in the US, and they are dying sooner rather than later. When that happens we can all be making slave-labor wages, just like in China! Cool, all the more reason to bring these jobs home. :clap When was the last time you heard of an artist's union outside of Hollywood? I've never heard of such a thing.

Today's the day! I get mine around 3 PM EST. Will post pics after I unbox her. Fingers crossed she is okay....

Hope you get a good one Rockstars. It would be good to see something positive posted in this thread

Same issues as everyone else.... sucks, however mine is not nearly as bad as some of the others that I have seen. Mostly just issues with the black in her costume.

The 1st set of pictures seemed like she was fine but yeah the 2nd set not so good. Take it your going to complain Rockstars?

Yes, we have a retailer account so I'm not sure how they are going to handle giving us a credit. I already sent an e-mail about it. I have some customers who can fix her up for me, tbh I'd rather do that than risk getting an even worse one. She is not as bad as some of the ones I have seen here in this thread.

I was confused at first. LOL. I saw the first set of pictures and didn't know what the problem was. Buuuuut, then I saw your second set of pictures, and holy hell. WOW, the up close looks horrendous. I'm sorry that you guys are having such a problem with SW. I just am losing all faith in Sideshow anymore.

BTW, has Sideshow Alex chimed in on this thread once?

I haven't seen any messages from him. That's the thing though, from far away she looks fine, up close and all the little problems start showing up.

I was really looking forward to her, I am disappointed but grateful she is not as bad as some people here. Like I said, if they offer me a partial refund I will just get her touched up by one of my customers, I'd rather do that than risk having a replacement show up that is worse.

That's tough rockstar. Hope it all works out

I am getting the Koto X-Force Wolverine tomorrow afternoon, hopefully he turns out perfect, I don't think I could take two bad statues two days in a row!

Back