1/6 SPECULATION: Spider-Man: Far From Home MMS Figures - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mysterio has a higher chance of being made than Vulture given that it's a basic figure. I'd put money on it being at least prototyped.

Yeah, I think they'll definitely produce Mysterio or at least there's a stronger chance. I think when Hot Toys priced out their potential Vulture figure they probably estimated that the sales wouldn't meet expectations. It probably would've been a $500+, maybe even $600-$700 figure with the wings. Plus imagine the headaches with all the potential shipping damage to the wings (check out the countless returns on the Batmobiles/Tumblers for minor scratches/breaks/etc....all totally warranted when you spend that much).

The challenge also is that outside of a select few, there's a culture of "villains are unpopular" in Asian countries. So companies also tend to not "make" the bad guys because they don't sell as well as the heroes (this is especially prevalent in Japan and with the companies that make figures there). While villains tend to share more popularity in Western countries.

I suppose this is supposed to be Ned? :lol

57088142_2191524760902050_3350162108212838400_o.jpg

81723.jpg

My first thought when I saw that was to wonder how conflicted the actor would feel, now that fan(s) can bring a semi-realistic action figure of him to be signed, but then he sees what it’s called.

I'm dying in anticipation for an announcement for Mysterio. Him and Ronan (GOTG) are my 2 biggest MCU wants.

Killmonger is the rare exception of a villain outside of an Avengers movie being made (in recent years anyway).. I wouldn't bet my life on HT doing anything other than the red/black hero suit.

Idk, call me an optimist but looking back at each movie and their main villains. save for movies that had plain villain (Civil War Baron Zemo) here's what I established that has and hasn't been made.

Iron Man - Iron Monger MADE
Incredible Hulk - NOTHING MADE
Iron Man 2 - Whiplash MADE
Thor - Destroyer NOT MADE ,
Captain America - Red Skull MADE
Avengers - Loki MADE (also Loki was a main villain for Thor so this I'd count as a twofer)
4/6 made

iron Man 3 - Mandarin MADE
Thor Dark World - Malekith NOT MADE
Winter Soldier - Winter Soldier MADE
GOTG - Ronan NOT MADE
Age of Ultron - Ultron MADE
Ant-Man - Yellow Jacket NOT MADE
3/6 made

Civil War - no real "villain" and Baron Zemo was very basic
Dr Strange - Karl Mordo NOT MADE
GOTG 2 - Ego NOT MADE
Homecoming - Vulture NOT MADE
Ragnarok - Hela MADE
Black Panther - Killmonger MADE
Infinity War - Thanos MADE
AM&W - Ghost NOT MADE
Captain Marvel - Yon Rogg? TBA

3/7 made probably 3/8 yon rogg is doomed lol.

10/21 possible villains to be made isn't bad.. I'm glass half full here lol

Ah yes, Hela... lol.. how could I forget when I have 4 Ragnarok figures on the one shelf..

Thanos didn't get a figure because he was the movie villain though. He got a figure because he's Thanos. They knew it would sell on the character alone. Years later people probably wish they'd waited because an armoured figure is being made that looks like Brolin and is in scale with the actual on screen Thanos we saw in Infinity and End-game.

Whatever way you look at it, Hot Toys' strike-rate for villains and even support heroes in these solo outing inbetween the 'big' movies is pretty low since the juggernaut really took a hold and they started pumping three movies a year out.. Phase 1 was different, because yes back then we did have Iron Man and Captain America villains, and to be fair who really knew there would be so many characters make it to the big screen overall back then?.. A lot more movies now and the "big" movies tend to dominate the yearly HT figure quota.. Ragnarok, Infinity, End Game..

How many different Spiderman figures do you think Hot Toys will do from this movie? I hope for that blacksuit one!

I would think they'd make the black suit, they did make 2 suits for Homecoming.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
I imagine he will himself. It'll appease everyone who took qualm with it in Homecoming.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I imagine he will himself. It'll appease everyone who took qualm with it in Homecoming.

This. I think you'll see him start to tinker from now on and I wouldn't be shocked if the black/red suit is something he creates for a specific purpose similar to Peter in the comics.

The new Spider-Man suits are obvious releases from this, I can't see them doing the red and blue one again unless it sold well and comes with decent accessories to set it apart from the last one.

I'm still convinced that the little circle shape on the black suit has a SHIELD logo embossed onto it in the final film (they removed Widow's in IM2 for the trailers so it could happen).

I don't think its likely with the amount of retailers who still have the Winter Soldier Fury in stock to see another of him and Hill is even less likely.

Which just leaves whether they will release Mysterio, he's not someone I am overly familiar with but from those who are he seems to be a big deal... as long as they don't pull a Trevor on the audience.

Back