So who is after Han?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been repeated (and not just us, but by SSC peeps) that Chewie is going to be difficult, so I'd file him in the "will come later" pile.

And I think we're all assuming that this line is just OT since who else would it be from the PT besides Jedi? Bail, Padme, Jar Jar and the young Mon Mothma? However Bail doesn't fit anywhere else, nor does Padme.

Seaward said:
Oh, and if they make Ackbar, please have a sound chip that yelps "It's a trap!"

I would prefer, "Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!!" in his old Katherine Hepburn/Space Crustacean warble.

I'd say it would be Lando, but will cross my fingers in hope for Vader or Chewy... Still thinking it will be Lando... with his pimp cape from ESB!:banana

captain sack said:
who says sideshow has to release 4 heroes of the rebellion figures next? they very well could skip to another line.

They don't have to release 4 at once but I doubt they would only do one then switch to another line... but then again.. who knows.

...well, if we go by the hints that Sideshow gives us, my guess is Leia from ESB (white hoth/travel to Bespin gear)...Here's how I deduce this theory. If you view the 'Order Of The Jedi' page on Sideshow:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=orderofthejedi&source=wp_news

you'll see that in the 3 images in the write-up, they have Kit Fisto, Anakin (as a boy from Episode I) and Luke as Jedi Knight. I remember these were the SAME 3 images that were on this page when they launched this line (even though they've added the 4 figures to the top now)...because I remember wondering if this was a hint that Kit Fisto was on the way. Sure enough...he is!

Now granted, Obi-Wan isn't shown, but they mention in the podcasts (and previously in this post) that they like to 'match' certain releases. Obi-Wan with Anakin from ROTS is PERFECT. (Also granted that the photo shows boy Anakin and we got ROTS Anakin). That's why I figure this 'match' will be Leia...first female figure in the line...VERY popular character...and while Han's PERFECT match would be Chewie, the real fur is still a challenge on Sideshow's plate...so he probably won't be along for a year or so...but it'll be worth it to be patient for the most amazingly AWESOME Chewie.

Now, if you view the 'Heroes Of The Rebellion' preview page you'll see Leia and Han pictured 3 times (group medal shot at end of ANH, Leia at the beginning of ANH, Han and Greedo in ANH and a shot of the Falcon cockpit from ESB). Since they won't be releasing the same figures as the PF line immediately, and ANH Han AND Leia have been released/announced...it MUST be ESB Leia for the 1/6 line next:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=heroesoftherebellion&source=wp_news

...Or I'm just crazy and it's gonna be Lando, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, and a complete Stormtrooper army next!!! :D

Greedo might fit the bill. He may be the one we get instead of a sith as we are lead to believe.

Let me help narrow down the candidates...

It's not Chewbacca (we're being pretty open about this - Chewbacca will have to wait until we find JUST the right solution to the fur dilemma)

It won't be anyone who wears a helmet, but the figure certainly could come with a helmet, if helmets are a priority.

We're not holding to any set pattern with the Order of the Jedi, Heroes of the Rebellion, etc. There were four Jedi announced, then one Hero, but that doesn't mean the next three will be Heroes. I can assure you that he is not from Sith, Scum, or Military. Although you could make a case for military, if you wanted to argue.

Figure it out yet?

Sideshow Brant said:

It's not Chewbacca (we're being pretty open about this - Chewbacca will have to wait until we find JUST the right solution to the fur dilemma)

It won't be anyone who wears a helmet, but the figure certainly could come with a helmet, if helmets are a priority.

We're not holding to any set pattern with the Order of the Jedi, Heroes of the Rebellion, etc. There were four Jedi announced, then one Hero, but that doesn't mean the next three will be Heroes. I can assure you that he is not from Sith, Scum, or Military. Although you could make a case for military, if you wanted to argue.

Figure it out yet?

hoth snowspeeder luke skywalker:banana

Another Luke, so soon? And he does actually wear his helmet (unless there's another 'Han Shoots First' edit in the last DVD release?)

Sideshow Brant said:

Figure it out yet?

So the helmet is the exclusive? It souds like a leader... a MALE figure too. So no Leia or Montha. X-Wing Luke would be a good guess if we didn't just get a Luke. Lando does seem to fit though. Ackbar could too. If it is a new line, Tarkin or another Imperial Officer could be it.

EDIT: Just saw Brant post so we can eliminate X-Wing Luke.

PS - Sideshow Brant, I'm also a Brant! Your the only other Brant I know of besides Brant Brown the baseball player.

I thought about that, but maybe if Jango's severed head was part of the helmet sculpt someshow?

Lando, maybe? He wore that helmet thing in Jedi. Although I hope it's not Lando as (which one was he? Klaatu, Barada or Nikto?), but Lando in Bespin gear to pair with Han.

Butt Brant...

Super strange, huh?

I've known two other Brant's.

One was a substitute teacher during my junior high days. He was constantly making references to cartoons & comics, so I consider him part of our little club.

The other was a guy I knew in college. Didn't know him that well, we just had the 'hey, we've got the same name' conversation. Shared a few classes. So I run into him two or three years ago, guess where? San Diego Comic-Con. Toy Collector.

Yah, if your name is Brant, you're doomed.

Okay, back on topic...

Entropy Chicken said:
I thought about that, but maybe if Jango's severed head was part of the helmet sculpt someshow?

That could work except Jango's head pops out when it hits the ground. I guess it could be pre-ground severed head.

That is right, Lando did wear that helmet. :confused:

Sideshow Brant said:
Butt Brant...

Super strange, huh?

I've known two other Brant's.

One was a substitute teacher during my junior high days. He was constantly making references to cartoons & comics, so I consider him part of our little club.

The other was a guy I knew in college. Didn't know him that well, we just had the 'hey, we've got the same name' conversation. Shared a few classes. So I run into him two or three years ago, guess where? San Diego Comic-Con. Toy Collector.

Yah, if your name is Brant, you're doomed.

Okay, back on topic...

I went to school with a guy named Brent which is close.:wacky

Darklord Dave said:
I hope it's not Lando as (which one was he?

Lando was just classified as a "skiff guard." Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto were other characters that just wore similar outfits, IIRC.

Maybe Lucas meant to name Lando "Gort." ;)

Back